The neighbours

Orange Cola

The neighbours

Post by Orange Cola »

Every single day we have weather decent enough to sit out they BBQ their food outside. Surely that’s not something to moan about!? Well specifically that but isn’t. But what really hacks people off is they always, without fail, cremate fish. No other food is burned, last year when the weather was good they ate the same charcoaled fish every day for a number of weeks on end.

Due to the volume of smoke produced in their evening cremations, which usually last an hour or more, you’re forced to go inside and shut the place up. The other neighbours are forced to go inside and the people at the end of the road are forced to go inside to escape the smell.

I am this >< close to putting a fire extinguisher over the fence.
Mustang GT 5.0 V8 -- Jaguar F-Pace
mik

Re: The neighbours

Post by mik »

Everybody needs good the neighbours...
NotoriousREV

Post by NotoriousREV »

I love my neighbours. We see them maybe twice a year, which we acknowledge with a nod, but otherwise we don’t hear a peep out of them. Best friends I ever had.
Middle-aged Dirtbag
Orange Cola

Post by Orange Cola »

NotoriousREV wrote: Tue May 15, 2018 8:48 pm I love my neighbours. We see them maybe twice a year, which we acknowledge with a nod, but otherwise we don’t hear a peep out of them. Best friends I ever had.
We have that the other way, only he shows interest in the cars (he's got a mint Eunos tucked away in his garage and a Puma at their other place abroad). I wish they were the ones that were here all the time and the smoky neighbours fucked off abroad for ten months of the year.
Mustang GT 5.0 V8 -- Jaguar F-Pace
duncs500

Post by duncs500 »

Our neighbors on one side have kids (and the neighbors the other side seemed to have a family party involving a load of kids last time it was nice). Urgh, noisy little bastards the lot of 'em. :x Every time it's nice and the missus and I want to relax in the garden the kids are out there squealing like banshees.
duncs500

Post by duncs500 »

Give me overcooked fish and peace and quiet anytime! :lol:
Jobbo
Currently Driving: S6 Avant, Jimny, Macan, Mini

Post by Jobbo »

I see my neighbours every couple of months. Their barn is about 1/4 mile away across the field. Have you considered moving?
mik

Post by mik »

I got a bit pished with my neighbours on Sunday and fed them and their sprogules some bbq. It was superb. 8-)

Edit: no fish though Duncs. Just bbq eggs. :)
GG.

Post by GG. »

Two extremes for us also - very elderly couple one side that I’ve not seen leave the house in the 6 months (can’t believe it has been that long already!) we’ve been here.

Other side are a friendly Polish couple. Professionals, similar age to us with a young baby.

So I guess we’re the noisy disruptive ones between loud cars, loud toddlers and BBQs (though no fish so far) :lol:
Gavin
Currently Driving: Skoda Superb, R56 Cooper S

Post by Gavin »

I get on with everyone in my street, at the very least on nodding and hello terms, at best we babysit each other's sprogs. IN fact in my village I could happily walk round chatting to people I know and like.

My direct neighbours are Sith Ifricin and they love a BBQ and have a large dog that likes to bark but compared to the across the road neighbour I had in London who used to come out steaming drunk to scream down teh street "I f#cked your mother you n#gger Cvnt" and variations on that scheme, often while smacking the wheely bins off cars etc. I never did find out if he had in fact done the deed or who he was shouting at!
ZedLeg

Post by ZedLeg »

I only really have one arsehole neighbour. He's pretty noisy most of the time but once every few months he goes properly mental and I have to go down and tell him to shut up. Which leads to him squaring up to me every single time, never does anything though because he's a wee shite bag.

Worst thing is that he pretends like we're best pals if I see him on the stair at any other time.
An absolute unit
Rich B
Currently Driving: M2 Competition

Post by Rich B »

I have a mixed bag with my neighbours. The linked house has a guy who enjoys working noisily in his garden workshop - BUT, he always stops by about 20:30 max and doesn’t do it if we’re in the garden. So that’s ok really - as it gives us a licence to be noisy at times too.

The other side only moved in last week, but they seem normal.

There is a fucking yappy dog somewhere along the line of houses though...
GG.

Post by GG. »

This thread is starting to bring back bad memories from all the places in London we rented over the years. The worst one was without question the one bed flat in a Georgian terrace we were in for a year in Barnsbury, Islington.

It was sandwiched between two others that were all owned by the same (feckless) Landlord. At first she rented the one above to some Spanish brats - sorry, students that had incessant loud parties until 1am on weeknights clomping around in high heels on a wooden floor (their lounge was above our bedroom) and then incredibly noisy conversations in Spanish with their deaf grandmother during the week and at weekends. That was fun.

The landlord then thought it would be a good idea to rip both flats, above and below, back to bare shells using her Bulgarian contractor that (whilst friendly and receptive to me telling him to shut the fuck up - this happened on average every 2 to 3 days) worked evenings until 10pm and all through the weekend, including memorably, an incredibly loud 2 foot long rotary hammer drill session on remembrance Sunday.

Oh yes and then there was a leak upstairs through the bathroom spots which fused all the bathroom lights on and burnt out the fan. That nice health and safety hazard took the best part of a week to get fixed. There was much more but if I type it all out I think I'll need to book in for some counselling :?

All for the bargain price of £1700 a month.
JLv3.0

Post by JLv3.0 »

Always been very lucky with neighbours where I live now:

Right-side neighbours - previously - hot Iranian chick who was a proper screamer, rode a Hayubusa and used to patch Kevin up when he got into fights. Now a very pleasant American couple, the husband of which grills some of the best-smelling food of all time.

Left-side neighbours - way back in the day was a young couple who became (and remain) very good mates. Introduced me to my most recent ex :lol: Then replaced by an older German chap and his wife and kids who would apologise to me the next day for sitting in the garden past 9pm on a weekend talking quietly :lol: - and now a Portugese couple, him very pleasant and personable, her hot a in a really dirty, bleached hair type of a way 8-)
drcarlos

Post by drcarlos »

More lucky with my neighbours now than in my previous place, one side he races bangers so is always tinkering away building another micra in his garage and I can't complain too much as I have my racing builds and repairs to take care of (it's not as we're both a couple of Onslows though) so we quite often exchange words on racing exploits and I sometimes do a bit of heavy duty welding for him. The other side I hardly see (must of seen his wife only 3 times in 2/3 years) but he's another car guy and has a covered over 220 Turbo Coupe on the drive that he is doing a rolling resto on.
Part of the reason we moved was our old neighbours, the bitch across the road purchased a piece of land that was not revealed by searches when we were buying. It was common grassed area and proceeded to fence it off (against planning regs) so the people in her road couldn't use it as a shortcut, it ruined our outlook and the kids had nowhere to play.
Our other neighbour had a tendancy to buy shit cars that were ruinously expensive to run. He'd leave them parked on his garden or in one of our spaces (we owned the road on our deeds as we had no drive) while he couldn't afford to have the repaired. Easier to bite your tongue and move on as we'd outgrown the house and the area. I believe his wife made him sell the one that lived on his garden for nearly 10 years, but the other was still there last time I drove past.

Carl.
integrale_evo

Post by integrale_evo »

I am probably the annoying neighbour 😂

Although due to laziness I never make noise before 10am and have usually had enough by 8pm unless it's an emergency fix I need finished to be able to get to work the next day.

It's the kids about three doors down which are the worst though, and their noise is far worse than my bit of occasional hammering or grinding.

I don't mind the noise of children playing and having fun, but they just seem to have a constant scream for about 6 hours straight whenever they're outside. I'm pretty sure I wasn't like that, and know ours weren't.
Cheers, Harry
Holley

Post by Holley »

Wife wasn't very happy last night when our next door neighbour was ragging is Ariel Nomad at 930pm around his garden (a say garden, it's quite a few acres).

Obviously I completely agreed with her and looked horrified (but was secretly thinking, yeah, I'd be doing that too if I had one lol)
JLv3.0

Post by JLv3.0 »

integrale_evo wrote: Wed May 16, 2018 12:00 pm I am probably the annoying neighbour 😂
I guess if none of my neighbours are annoying, it has to be me, doesn't it :(
NotoriousREV

Post by NotoriousREV »

JLv3.0 wrote: Wed May 16, 2018 1:56 pm
integrale_evo wrote: Wed May 16, 2018 12:00 pm I am probably the annoying neighbour 😂
I guess if none of my neighbours are annoying, it has to be me, doesn't it :(
It's definitely me. I've mouthed off to at least 2 neighbours who no longer speak to me and I'm always working on cars and bikes on my drive.
Middle-aged Dirtbag
JLv3.0

Post by JLv3.0 »

Yeah I'm always out front tinkering with stuff but I think they just think I'm an idiot rather than actually annoying. I hope, anyway.