The neighbours

Gavin
Currently Driving: Skoda Superb, R56 Cooper S

Re: The neighbours

Post by Gavin »

GG. wrote: Thu May 17, 2018 11:03 am
Rich B wrote: Thu May 17, 2018 10:21 am

I somehow can't ever imagine if the council was run by any party other than Labour that they'd think chopping mature woodland down in the middle of a city centre and digging up old graves and smashing headstones - many of whom were killed in action in WW1, was anything but an appalling idea.

:shock: Right enough, all the other parties are well known for being all cuddly. Although to be fair the Tories prefer starving people into their graves rather than digging up old ones.

And yes, that might be ridiculous but it meant to highlight how bloody daft what you said is.
GG.

Post by GG. »

Its a completely justified comment Gavin.

Read and weep:

https://www.theguardian.com/uk-news/201 ... lds-trees

Sheffield is another Labour stranglehold. You point me to a council of another political persuasion that shows such disregard for felling trees and the natural environment and I'll admit you have a point.
Rich B
Currently Driving: M2 Competition

Post by Rich B »

Quotes are totally fucked up there!
ZedLeg

Post by ZedLeg »

I think we can agree that all councils are a bit shit. Edinburgh are fucking it the old town to the point that it might lose it’s world heritage site status and Glasgow let listed buildings burn to the ground so developers can throw u thousands of student flats.
An absolute unit
GG.

Post by GG. »

Rich B wrote: Thu May 17, 2018 6:06 pm Quotes are totally fucked up there!
God, Rich - I can't believe you'd say that ;)
Jimmy Choo

Post by Jimmy Choo »

In the connecting house we have a local pastor/vicar/priest/religious leader, his wife and 4 kids. They're lovely.

On the other side we've got noisy chav lesbians (No/no, no/no and just fucking no!). They're unable to have a conversation at anything other than LOUD.
Them putting on Heart FM and then shouting over it is one of the joys of summer. Unfortunately, this inability to have a private conversation means that we're unable to avoid hearing exactly how stupid they are. One highlight was hearing them discuss how they voted leave because of the brown kids in the local school. *facepalm*
Banal Vapid Platitudes
Mr Pish
Currently Driving: Model 3 Performance

Post by Mr Pish »

Jimmy Choo wrote: Thu May 17, 2018 10:02 pm One highlight was hearing them discuss how they voted leave because of the brown kids in the local school. *facepalm*
do you live in NW Kent?
Join us, join the Teslarati!
unzippy

Post by unzippy »

Mr Pish wrote: Fri May 18, 2018 6:43 am
do you live in NW Kent?
Don't make it sound posher than it really is, you mean Dartford, innit :lol:
The Evo forum really is a shadow of its former self. I remember when the internet was for the elite and now they seem to let any spastic on

IaFG Down Under Division
Jimmy Choo

Post by Jimmy Choo »

Jimmy Choo wrote: Thu May 17, 2018 10:02 pm One highlight was hearing them discuss how they voted leave because of the brown kids in the local school. *facepalm*
do you live in NW Kent?
Hardly. One resides on the outskirts of Cheltenham.*

*Gloucester
Banal Vapid Platitudes
NotoriousREV

Post by NotoriousREV »

Jimmy Choo wrote: Sat May 19, 2018 8:53 pm
do you live in NW Kent?

*Gloucester
*Civilised society
Middle-aged Dirtbag
Jimmy Choo

Post by Jimmy Choo »

NotoriousREV wrote: Sun May 20, 2018 8:10 am
Jimmy Choo wrote: Sat May 19, 2018 8:53 pm

do you live in NW Kent?

*Gloucester
*Civilised society
Same difference.
Banal Vapid Platitudes
Richard

Post by Richard »

We live in a new development of houses, so there are paupers living near us. They shout, a lot. Nothing quite like the bellows of poverty to wake one up on a Sunday morning

There’s a few families and all the kids seems to play nicely on the green when weather permits, which is nice. The very worst thing they do, is sometimes leave a bike/scooter/football on said green

Either side of us are people very similar to us - both couples, about our age, no kids. One side we don’t really talk to, more than a friendly smile/hello. The otherside I’ll talk to them for a bit, and he works at the local brewery, and will occasionally drop beer round
GG.

Post by GG. »

Richard wrote: Tue May 22, 2018 3:07 pm Nothing quite like the bellows of poverty to wake one up on a Sunday morning
:lol:
Delphi
Currently Driving: Porsche 928 S4, Porsche 987 Boxster 2.7, Volvo XC40

Post by Delphi »

We've just moved into our house. We have a pair of lesbians on one side who are really nice. Always chat when we see them. Young couple the other side, we don't see as much (I've only actually ever seen her), but again, seem pretty normal. I've had worse neighbours.
If you get all wobbly-lipped about the opinion of Internet strangers, maybe it's time to take a bath with the toaster as you'll never amount to sh1t anyway.
Swervin_Mervin

Post by Swervin_Mervin »

Our adjoining neighbours are monumentally old and Scotch. They watch Who Wants to be a Millionaire on 18hr repeat at what has to actually be an amplified volume - I fail to believe any normal TV goes that loud. They're pretty nice though, and the fact they're deaf as posts is probably good given the racket our little maniac makes, and the metronomic meowing of the cat wanting to come in.

T'other side are in their 60s and we get on well with them. Very typical for the area - ageing couples whose kids have flown the nest, albeit there area few young families dotted about. I don't think we have one set of d1ckheads in the street, which presumably only means one thing...
unzippy

Post by unzippy »

Swervin_Mervin wrote: Thu May 24, 2018 2:07 pm at what has to actually be an amplified volume - I fail to believe any normal TV goes that loud.
I think there is something with built in TV speakers, they don't go that loud but they penetrate amazingly...
The Evo forum really is a shadow of its former self. I remember when the internet was for the elite and now they seem to let any spastic on

IaFG Down Under Division
Beany

Post by Beany »

Delphi wrote: Wed May 23, 2018 4:43 pm We've just moved into our house. We have a pair of lesbians on one side who are really nice.
?/?/?

My neighbour I've never really met. He's quite enough, has kids at the weekend (who thump about a bit, but they're kids, natch) and that's about it.

Think the worst place was the flat in Letchworth, the downstairs people were massive stoners who would laugh like drains till the early hours of the morning, would shut up if you thumped the floor, then forget about that and laugh like drains a few minutes later.

That said, there was also Stevenage, but that wasn't really the neighbours, that was more the kebab shop down the road that let people sit outside with their cars banging out techno at 2am.

Oh, and the place in Scarbs where the rest of the block was filled with noisy, pikey, partying cunts, who on more than one occasion, had me throwing things at their windows at 3am to get them to shut the fuck up. And got them a visit from the council. And got them evicted for repeated noise pollution infractions. My upstairs neighbours were cool as mints though, older couple, very chilled out.

God I've lived in some fucking shitholes.
Zonda_

Post by Zonda_ »

One side is a young lass with three kids to three different dads and frankly you can see why. ;) The other side is a old couple who just seem to hate life, if you go out into the garden to do anything they are out seeing what you're doing and complaining about the noise. They are the sort of people who would shout at ambulance crews for blocking their drive. Hateful people.