Drugs, (and absurd job updates)

jamcg

Re: Drugs, (and absurd job updates)

Post by jamcg »

Beany wrote: Tue May 24, 2022 7:25 am At this stage I'm tempted to just flat out block all contact methods with them come 1630hrs Friday...
I’d wait until Monday just to see if they ring you, send it to voicemail, and then block them
Beany

Post by Beany »

jamcg wrote: Tue May 24, 2022 7:52 am
Beany wrote: Tue May 24, 2022 7:25 am At this stage I'm tempted to just flat out block all contact methods with them come 1630hrs Friday...
I’d wait until Monday just to see if they ring you, send it to voicemail, and then block them
Whilst in an objective world Rich's idea is clearly optimal, in the real world which is slightly more complicated - these people think they're my friends -this is the path I'm more likely to take. I've made it clear not just that I won't, but I cannot, do post hoc support for them. Give them enough rope etc, and that's the perfect excuse to nuke all of them, and then there's no question that it's thier own fault.

Bear in mind I have weird psychology so the above works 'in my head'
Rich B
Currently Driving: M2 Competition

Post by Rich B »

Beany wrote: Tue May 24, 2022 8:07 am
jamcg wrote: Tue May 24, 2022 7:52 am
Whilst in an objective world Rich's idea is clearly optimal, in the real world which is slightly more complicated - these people think they're my friends -this is the path I'm more likely to take. I've made it clear not just that I won't, but I cannot, do post hoc support for them. Give them enough rope etc, and that's the perfect excuse to nuke all of them, and then there's no question that it's thier own fault.

Bear in mind I have weird psychology so the above works 'in my head'
what do you gain from taking any calls?
Beany

Post by Beany »

Oh they won't be getting answered.

Then I'll get the DMs and whatsapps.

Then they'll get blocked.

I'll be busy after all.
Rich B

Post by Rich B »

Beany wrote: Tue May 24, 2022 9:15 am Oh they won't be getting answered.

Then I'll get the DMs and whatsapps.

Then they'll get blocked.

I'll be busy after all.
or just skip the first couple of steps and the anxiety it will cause and block them.
Beany

Post by Beany »

I suspect being able to just say 'no' will go a long way to that.

After all, they don't need a systems administrator, according to the CEO, MD and his lackeys who know better, but who are to spineless to stand up to them.
Sundayjumper
Currently Driving: Peugeot 406

Post by Sundayjumper »

Yep. Being able to say a firm "no" will give some closure.
Beany

Post by Beany »

And being able to say "but you said you don't need a systems administrator" will make me laugh.

Closure and a giggle. Everyone is a winner.

On a separate note I'm slowly starting to accept that my life is/has been a complete fucking mess the last few years, and not just on the surface level. Which sounds self evident from what I post here, but accepting it internally is a wholly different matter.

At least I'll be able to afford a private therapist to talk through it soon I suppose :lol:
Rich B

Post by Rich B »

Beany wrote: Tue May 24, 2022 9:52 am And being able to say "but you said you don't need a systems administrator" will make me laugh.
Sounds like you just want revenge then. That conversation (if it happens) won't go as you expect, and you'll end up getting pissed off at something that just isn't your problem.
Beany

Post by Beany »

They might not even contact me, you never know...
jamcg

Post by jamcg »

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

I’m just wondering when they do ring you if it'll be “how do you do this?” Or “where the fuck are you? You should be here at work by now!”
Beany

Post by Beany »

The latter genuinely wouldn't surprise me in the slightest.
Sundayjumper
Currently Driving: Peugeot 406

Post by Sundayjumper »

jamcg wrote: Tue May 24, 2022 10:31 am “where the fuck are you? You should be here at work by now!”
This. We're all hoping for this.
Beany

Post by Beany »

As an aside, me neighbours pretty but intensely dim cat, Max, just let himself in while I've been having the boiler serviced (little gas was let out, so wanted to air the house out a bit) so it was exciting extricating him from behind the telly.

He then proceeded to hiss at the gas man as he popped out to get some stuff from the van - like he owned the place or something!

Neighbour has been trying to convince me to take Max for a while now as he's looking to move to Edinburgh, but it'll be a while before I'm in a shape to do that. Also, he's an old boy and had his oddities and peculiarities (like an aversion to litter trays) that I can't handle at the moment.

Made the morning more interesting, as I chased him across the road, hissing at him, though.
mik

Post by mik »

Beany wrote: Tue May 24, 2022 11:32 am
Neighbour has been trying to convince me to take Max for a while now as he's looking to move to Edinburgh
If Max wants to move to Edinburgh, he’d be better making pals with one of the Salt n Sauce forum members instead.

@Nefarious @scotta @Ascender @Gavin etc
Beany

Post by Beany »

Max is to lazy to walk *that* far, and he's not Extremely Online.

He doesn't even have thumbs.
Beany

Post by Beany »

OVH (hosting company) picked a bad time to have a flapping network route....
Jimmy Choo

Post by Jimmy Choo »

Beany wrote: Tue May 24, 2022 11:32 amAlso, he's an old boy and had his oddities and peculiarities (like an aversion to litter trays) that I can't handle at the moment.
Sounds like you'll get along perfectly.

I'm pleased that you're getting some visibility of where your head is at and planning to get help. Remember that when your soon to be ex employers contact you, the only reasonable responses to them asking anything are "no", "I don't want to do that" and "goodbye". Don't ask any questions. Don't give justifications beyond "I don't want to do that."

I look forward to hearing what's going on.
Banal Vapid Platitudes
IanF
Currently Driving: Ferrari F430 Spider
BMW M4 Comp
Mini Cooper
LR Evoque P300e

Post by IanF »

Jimmy Choo wrote: Tue May 24, 2022 7:22 pm
Beany wrote: Tue May 24, 2022 11:32 amAlso, he's an old boy and had his oddities and peculiarities (like an aversion to litter trays) that I can't handle at the moment.
Sounds like you'll get along perfectly.

I'm pleased that you're getting some visibility of where your head is at and planning to get help. Remember that when your soon to be ex employers contact you, the only reasonable responses to them asking anything are "no", "I don't want to do that" and "goodbye". Don't ask any questions. Don't give justifications beyond "I don't want to do that."

I look forward to hearing what's going on.
This
Cheers,

Ian
Beany

Post by Beany »

Yeah, keep it simple.

Server networking appears to be back up.

Wish that had happened next week, oh well :lol: