Nightmare house guests

John

Re: Nightmare house guests

Post by John »

It sounds as though she has never grown up, or has undiagnosed issues with limits.
tim

Post by tim »

Christ, that is truly appalling.
NGRhodes

Post by NGRhodes »

They would not of lasted 1 night in my house.
RobYob

Post by RobYob »

Having had years to dwell on the consequences of punching a total ***t in the face with subsequent court case you should take comfort from your present teeth grinding frustration that you need never ever see her again and she seems to have very deservedly become a pariah.

The best revenge is living well.
nuttinnew

Post by nuttinnew »

Nefarious wrote: Sun Jan 02, 2022 9:27 am I'm left feeling pretty ashamed of myself that I allowed social pressure to prevent me doing what I knew was right - kick them out :evil: :evil:
Stop that. We've all got situations where, with hindsight, we would have liked to have done something different. You might have done things differently at the time if you hadn't had to care for your daughter for 5+ hours Cuntpunting the bint was/is doubtless a desire but wasn't a priority, and as others have said she'd doubtless have relished the drama. I imagine she'd have made a scene if dumped out the door, quite possibly getting the police attention you don't want. As long as you, Mrs., and Jr. Nef are ok with each other, crack on with your own 2022, don't let it be dictated by others. I hope Mrs. Nef doesn't feel guilty about inviting them, and I hope it doesn't leave Jr. any problems.
NGRhodes

Post by NGRhodes »

nuttinnew wrote: Sun Jan 02, 2022 11:13 pm
Nefarious wrote: Sun Jan 02, 2022 9:27 am I'm left feeling pretty ashamed of myself that I allowed social pressure to prevent me doing what I knew was right - kick them out :evil: :evil:
Stop that. We've all got situations where, with hindsight, we would have liked to have done something different. You might have done things differently at the time if you hadn't had to care for your daughter for 5+ hours Cuntpunting the bint was/is doubtless a desire but wasn't a priority, and as others have said she'd doubtless have relished the drama. I imagine she'd have made a scene if dumped out the door, quite possibly getting the police attention you don't want. As long as you, Mrs., and Jr. Nef are ok with each other, crack on with your own 2022, don't let it be dictated by others. I hope Mrs. Nef doesn't feel guilty about inviting them, and I hope it doesn't leave Jr. any problems.
Yup, don't be guilty. I've made some major poor decisions about my own friends in the past, all you can do is learn and move on.
Nefarious

Post by Nefarious »

Cheers guys.

When I said about social pressure and kicking them out, I really meant doing it *before* this happened. There were plenty of warnings (the groping incidents had happened the previous night, for example). In fact, during the day on the 31st, mini-Nef came to the shops with me (which she *never* does) and we were joking about how far we were willing to go to get out of having to spend the evening in that situation without breaking social convention - faking a medium severity injury, a family emergency, or a gas leak at home.
"If everything seems under control, you're just not going fast enough"
Nefarious

Post by Nefarious »

As an aside, Mrs. Nef tells a story about social obligations and handling them.

She used to work with autistic and aspergers kids and young adults, and this involved a "club" for the aspergers adults. It was a comically bad idea because none of them actually wanted to be there and they had no interest whatsoever in each other's special subjects. So it was agreed that at each meeting of the club, 3 people would get 10 minutes each to talk about their special subject and that everyone else would politely listen.

At one of the first meetings under the new "arrangement", someone started talking about plane spotting or washing machine serial numbers or something, and one chap just stood up and said "I'm bored, and I'd really rather be at home" and left. Mrs. Nef had been worried that this would've caused massive offense and problems in the group, but no, being aspies they all just said "fair enough, he was bored and wanted to go home. Why wouldn't you?" :lol: .
Ascender
Currently Driving: 2019 M2 Competition

Post by Ascender »

That sounds fucking horrific and deserving of at least a slap, whether it was in your house or anywhere tbh.

It says a lot about you that you're looking on the positive about the lesson your daughter has learned in the relative safety of your own home though.
Cheers,

Mike.
Explosive Newt

Post by Explosive Newt »

Nefarious wrote: Sun Jan 02, 2022 1:05 pm She will be the architect of her own destruction.

In keeping with her various other unsavoury attitutes, she is also an vehement anti-vaxxer and militant anti-masker. Those two positions (and the aggressive way in which they have been communicated) have just lost them both their rather cushy jobs as caretakers of a country estate. So they're now 55 and 59, respectively, don't have two ha'pennies to rub together, are completely unemployable because of past behaviours, and will now be living out their days living illegally in a caravan on a holiday park near Kilmarnock (without even a state pension in her case, due to some crappy earlier attempt at benefit fraud).

They deserve it all.
Sounds like life is gradually correcting for her behaviour and she’s getting just desserts. Also, I’m very interested to hear there might be a situation vacant looking after a county estate! How do you even get a job like that!
dinny_g

Post by dinny_g »

Explosive Newt wrote: Wed Jan 05, 2022 9:23 am There might be a situation vacant looking after a county estate! How do you even get a job like that!
You spend 10+ years as a beater on the hunt, "Sir" finds you inoffensive and offers you the job...

That's how I got started:

JLv3.0 wrote: Thu Jun 21, 2018 4:26 pm I say this rarely Dave, but listen to Dinny because he's right.
Rich B wrote: Thu Jun 02, 2022 1:57 pm but Dinny was right…
Explosive Newt

Post by Explosive Newt »

dinny_g wrote: Wed Jan 05, 2022 10:10 am
Explosive Newt wrote: Wed Jan 05, 2022 9:23 am There might be a situation vacant looking after a county estate! How do you even get a job like that!
You spend 10+ years as a beater on the hunt, "Sir" finds you inoffensive and offers you the job...

That's how I got started:

"Tomato - Ted - aubergine - your - potato - wife's - turnip - dead."
Nefarious

Post by Nefarious »

Explosive Newt wrote: Wed Jan 05, 2022 9:23 am Also, I’m very interested to hear there might be a situation vacant looking after a county estate! How do you even get a job like that!
I understand it was originally an advert in "The Lady" magazine. Not a publication I subscribe to ;)

And yes, I believe the position is still vacant - Earl of Galloway is the owner and the estate is Cumloden house. Get in there before he advertises it!
Explosive Newt

Post by Explosive Newt »

Nefarious wrote: Wed Jan 05, 2022 11:14 am
Explosive Newt wrote: Wed Jan 05, 2022 9:23 am Also, I’m very interested to hear there might be a situation vacant looking after a county estate! How do you even get a job like that!
I understand it was originally an advert in "The Lady" magazine. Not a publication I subscribe to ;)

And yes, I believe the position is still vacant - Earl of Galloway is the owner and the estate is Cumloden house. Get in there before he advertises it!
Bit of a commute to Cambridge but I'm willing to take that hit. I could pick up Ascender's car on the way up, win win! 8-)
DeskJockey

Post by DeskJockey »

Explosive Newt wrote: Wed Jan 05, 2022 11:38 am

Bit of a commute to Cambridge but I'm willing to take that hit. I could pick up Ascender's car on the way up, win win! 8-)
I suspect you'll take a bit of a hit on the salary side of things.
---
Driving a Galaxy far far away
Explosive Newt

Post by Explosive Newt »

DeskJockey wrote: Wed Jan 05, 2022 12:57 pm
Explosive Newt wrote: Wed Jan 05, 2022 11:38 am

I suspect you'll take a bit of a hit on the salary side of things.
If they pay me in whatever partridge I can shoot, I reckon I'd be breaking even.
unzippy

Post by unzippy »

Nefarious wrote: Sun Jan 02, 2022 1:05 pm and will now be living out their days living illegally in a caravan on a holiday park near Kilmarnock

Fix her.
The Evo forum really is a shadow of its former self. I remember when the internet was for the elite and now they seem to let any spastic on

IaFG Down Under Division
Gavin
Currently Driving: Skoda Superb, R56 Cooper S

Post by Gavin »

This is exactly the sort of thread where you normally get many many Billy big balls posts about how they would have been beaten to death with a spoon etc. In reality I (and most likely most people) would have done the exact same thing then spent far too long brooding about it.

I keep trying to get my teen to have a few sips of wine so she doesn't leave home having never touched a drop as I did and then drink waaaaaay to much, again, like I did.

Not that I want any random pervy old lady turning up spiking her and then groping her but getting pissed in a safe environment bit sounds good.

Killie in a 'van! Wow, one or the other would be bad enough frankly.