Nightmare house guests

Nefarious

Nightmare house guests

Post by Nefarious »

I didn't post yesterday because I was still absolutely fuming, but we had an old college friend of Mrs. Nef and her husband stay for 2 nights up to NYE, and I am completely outraged at what some people consider to be acceptable behaviour. Had they been my friends, somebody would've found themselves forcibly ejected long before the bells arrived.

Amongst a long list of totally unacceptable behaviours, this woman decided it would be funny to spike my 16 year old daughter's drinks to the tune of nearly 3/4 of a bottle of vodka, resulting in me spending 5 hours trying to hold her semi-conscious, vomit-covered naked body in the recovery position.

At two different points, she also groped both Mrs. Nef and my daughter in ways that would've earned any bloke an immediate kick in the nuts. Under the guise of "dancing", hands went wandering up shirts and down trousers, and it was all done so blatantly that everyone was too shocked to actually call it as it happened.

She also at one point physically wrestled my daughter's brand new iPhone off her and tried to throw it off our balcony into the river. I was not in the room at this point, but would've definitely physically intervened has I seen it happening.

It goes without saying that they were packed off yesterday morning, never to return. But I'm left feeling pretty ashamed of myself that I allowed social pressure to prevent me doing what I knew was right - kick them out :evil: :evil:
"If everything seems under control, you're just not going fast enough"
Jobbo
Currently Driving: S6 Avant, Jimny, Macan, Mini

Re: Nightmare house guests

Post by Jobbo »

Blimey! Not someone I’ve met, is it? With the rather meek husband?
DeskJockey

Post by DeskJockey »

She sounds awful. Was it made clear to them that they're not welcome back?
---
Driving a Galaxy far far away
jamcg

Post by jamcg »

Nefarious wrote: Sun Jan 02, 2022 9:27 am this woman decided it would be funny to spike my 16 year old daughter's drinks to the tune of nearly 3/4 of a bottle of vodka, resulting in me spending 5 hours trying to hold her semi-conscious, vomit-covered naked body in the recovery position.
That wants reporting to the police in my opinion. If for no other reason than to make her realise just how wrong on so many levels it is, at least
The mets website wrote:Spiking, where someone adds drugs or alcohol to another person’s drink without them knowing, is illegal. Whether it’s done as a prank or with the intent to steal from or assault the victim
Mito Man

Post by Mito Man »

Groping a 16 year old :shock:
How about not having a sig at all?
Beany

Post by Beany »

I read the first paragraph and was going to joke 'wisnae me' but then read the rest? Holy fucking shit.

I'd definitely get the police involved, because I'd put money on that not being one off behaviour - and if it is one off behaviour they need a serious fucking reality check.
Jimmy Choo

Post by Jimmy Choo »

Fucking hell! We've ejected people for less!
Banal Vapid Platitudes
Nefarious

Post by Nefarious »

Jobbo wrote: Sun Jan 02, 2022 10:07 am Blimey! Not someone I’ve met, is it? With the rather meek husband?
Nobody you've met (I haven't seen her in over 20 years), but I'm now wondering who you have in mind!

And to the people suggesting police involvement (for both the drink situation and the groping situation) - the thought did cross my mind, but apart from the general principle of having as little to do with the police as possible, it would inevitably end up with the kind of "shades of grey" argument that your average meathead copper wants nothing to do with. Drinks were being poured with parental permission, we just didn't realise she was pouring 50/50 vodka cokes for my daughter (who is too inexperienced to identify them as such) and quietly topping them up with vodka too. I'm sure the groping thing would have been passed off as either accidental or just within the spirit of the moment. They absolutely were not - the opportunities were deliberately engineered. But when you consider than police refuse to prosecute 98% of actual rape cases, what chances do you think you have of getting them to do something about excess/inappropriate touching whilst dancing at home?

And finally, to my shame, they were not unceremoniously kicked out at the end as they should've been. I was so angry yesterday morning, I couldn't speak to them. They gathered up their stuff and I politely said something meek like "hmmm, yes, must get on" as I double locked the door behind them.
Broccers

Post by Broccers »

Golly that sounds horrific. I suppose not causing a scene is your good manners, which its seems, this person doesn't have.

A memorable night for the wrong reasons :D
Nefarious

Post by Nefarious »

And on the plus side, my daughter has now had the "getting drinking wrong" experience in the relative safety of her own bathroom with her mother and I to care and support. It's an experience that comes to everyone sooner or later, and better this way than on a park bench/beach/playground somewhere with only other 16 years olds to (hopefully) help.
jamcg

Post by jamcg »

Appreciate you don’t want to get police involved but this shouldn’t be let slide, for the sake of any other young people they might try this with
Jimmy Choo

Post by Jimmy Choo »

Were they pissed? Did they have any response when they sobered up?
Banal Vapid Platitudes
ZedLeg

Post by ZedLeg »

That sounds horrible.

You just cannae trust some people to behave like adults.
An absolute unit
Nefarious

Post by Nefarious »

Jimmy Choo wrote: Sun Jan 02, 2022 12:23 pm Were they pissed? Did they have any response when they sobered up?
Yes and yes, but in a jokey "hey, what am I like?" kind of way that massively missed the mark of the seriousness of the situation.

I should add that the husband was a reasonably decent fellow, and at various points over the couple of days threw me various "I have to live with this" looks.
DeskJockey

Post by DeskJockey »

I would suggest a message to them along the lines of you're not welcome back here again because reasons, and we're frankly deeply appalled by your irresponsible behaviour and attitude.

Can hope she's shamed into taking a good look in the mirror (wouldn't hold my breath though).
---
Driving a Galaxy far far away
Nefarious

Post by Nefarious »

She will be the architect of her own destruction.

In keeping with her various other unsavoury attitutes, she is also an vehement anti-vaxxer and militant anti-masker. Those two positions (and the aggressive way in which they have been communicated) have just lost them both their rather cushy jobs as caretakers of a country estate. So they're now 55 and 59, respectively, don't have two ha'pennies to rub together, are completely unemployable because of past behaviours, and will now be living out their days living illegally in a caravan on a holiday park near Kilmarnock (without even a state pension in her case, due to some crappy earlier attempt at benefit fraud).

They deserve it all.
240PP
Currently Driving: A5 3.0 TDI, 987 S.

Post by 240PP »

WTF. She sounds like an utter wrong ‘un.

Don’t beat yourself up about not kicking off. As bad as her behaviour was, it’s always a tricky toss up between reacting how you want to and not making a scene.
Beany

Post by Beany »

By the sounds of them, making a scene would have made things ten times worse.

Oh well, you live and you learn (although apparently not in their case)
Marv

Post by Marv »

Jeez, if that's how she behaves when drinking, then perhaps she should stay away from alcohol.

Hope your daughter is feeling better now.
Oui, je suis un motard.
McSwede

Post by McSwede »

What an awful going on! At least she's gone and won't be coming back. Hope your daughter has recovered and probably a good drinking lesson that will bode well for when she goes out with mates. At least you were there to look after her.