Not being able to drive VS boring car

Explosive Newt

Re: Not being able to drive VS boring car

Post by Explosive Newt »

NGRhodes wrote: Sun Jan 09, 2022 11:21 pm Had a good eye MOT on Thursday.
Good news is nothing wrong with my eyes, which reduces chances of my seizures having any serious side effects (as the things that can cause optical nerve issues are far less likely) - I still have to wait til March for my Neuro appointment.
So I do have raised discs, but its complete benign - they are being caused by the optical fibres being bunched up by too narrow an opening into my eye - there are no pressure or issues with my optic nerves.
Had a regular eye test, an eye exam by optician, some rather powerful eye drops that had me tripping over (good job my wife was with me), 2 different scans and a 2nd eye exam.
I could not even focus properly for a few hours after, so I had to listen to music most of the afternoon.
That is excellent news. Seizure + papilloedema = bad news. Seizure and normal eyes = hopefully just a one-off.

Hope your pupils are now un-dilated.
V8Granite

Post by V8Granite »

Explosive Newt wrote: Mon Jan 10, 2022 7:24 pm
NGRhodes wrote: Sun Jan 09, 2022 11:21 pm Had a good eye MOT on Thursday.
Good news is nothing wrong with my eyes, which reduces chances of my seizures having any serious side effects (as the things that can cause optical nerve issues are far less likely) - I still have to wait til March for my Neuro appointment.
So I do have raised discs, but its complete benign - they are being caused by the optical fibres being bunched up by too narrow an opening into my eye - there are no pressure or issues with my optic nerves.
Had a regular eye test, an eye exam by optician, some rather powerful eye drops that had me tripping over (good job my wife was with me), 2 different scans and a 2nd eye exam.
I could not even focus properly for a few hours after, so I had to listen to music most of the afternoon.
That is excellent news. Seizure + papilloedema = bad news. Seizure and normal eyes = hopefully just a one-off.

Hope your pupils are now un-dilated.
Your post coitus sex chat is exceptional 😎

Dave!
NGRhodes

Post by NGRhodes »

Had another seizure 2 weeks ago Sunday, was not as bad as my first one and I was awake for it but still ended up spending 7 hours in A&E, had a CT scan, blood pressure through the roof (187/110), sent home after pressure dropped time.
Neurologist appointment brought forward to the Wednesday (3 days after seizure), put on Lamotrigine straight away. Had an MRI scan Tuesday, EEG in a few weeks. Neurologist thinks its Temporal lobe seizures.
Going to be 12 month minimum before I'm driving.
DeskJockey

Post by DeskJockey »

Sorry to hear that. How are you feeling?
---
Driving a Galaxy far far away
mik

Post by mik »

That’s shit. :(

Hope they quickly locate the issue and/or get you meds to prevent more.
mr_jon

Post by mr_jon »

Rambo it, mate.
nuttinnew

Post by nuttinnew »

:(
I hope they get to the bottom of it.
Simon

Post by Simon »

My best friend had a couple of fits when he was 19/20 or so. Couldn't drive for a year, MRIs etc but they never found anything and he hasn't had one since.
The artist formerly known as _Who_
NGRhodes

Post by NGRhodes »

Had another seizure last week, was a little more mild than the 2nd one (meds starting to work hopefully).
Just had an EEG this morning, the strobe on the 3rd speed caused my eye lids to twitch and all the muscles on the top right of my face to spasm, visually went wavy and had to abort the test, spasms continued for about 30s after the test stopped, wonder if they picked something up on the EEG (these are not always seizure related, but still needs treatment). The doctor also spotted some brain wave slowing when I had my eyes closed, I may of been starting to fall asleep ?
DeskJockey

Post by DeskJockey »

That sounds unpleasant. Are they closer to understanding what is going on?
---
nuttinnew

Post by nuttinnew »

Not nice to hear you had another seizure but at least it was less severe.
I hope they've got enough from the EEG to work on.
NGRhodes

Post by NGRhodes »

DeskJockey wrote: Mon Feb 28, 2022 2:27 pm That sounds unpleasant. Are they closer to understanding what is going on?
It was a very unpleasant experience, it came on very suddenly it was like someone had put one of those optical illusions on Imax.
No MRI results yet, I suspect the EEG and MRI are going to be looked at together.
DeskJockey

Post by DeskJockey »

Best of luck to you, and hope the wait for answers isn't too long.
---
Explosive Newt

Post by Explosive Newt »

NGRhodes wrote: Mon Feb 28, 2022 2:19 pm Had another seizure last week, was a little more mild than the 2nd one (meds starting to work hopefully).
Just had an EEG this morning, the strobe on the 3rd speed caused my eye lids to twitch and all the muscles on the top right of my face to spasm, visually went wavy and had to abort the test, spasms continued for about 30s after the test stopped, wonder if they picked something up on the EEG (these are not always seizure related, but still needs treatment). The doctor also spotted some brain wave slowing when I had my eyes closed, I may of been starting to fall asleep ?
Sorry you had such a miserable experience Nick. Do you have the MRI results though yet? You might need an increase in your keppra dose or a second drug adding in to fully control it. Your GP may be able to help if the neurologist appointment is still a ways off.
NGRhodes

Post by NGRhodes »

Explosive Newt wrote: Sat Mar 05, 2022 10:32 am
NGRhodes wrote: Mon Feb 28, 2022 2:19 pm Had another seizure last week, was a little more mild than the 2nd one (meds starting to work hopefully).
Sorry you had such a miserable experience Nick. Do you have the MRI results though yet? You might need an increase in your keppra dose or a second drug adding in to fully control it. Your GP may be able to help if the neurologist appointment is still a ways off.
No MRI results yet, I called mid last week. I've been told I can speak to the Neurologist Dept Nurse if I need, which is reassuring.
NGRhodes

Post by NGRhodes »

MRI results clear.
Still waiting on EEG results.
Now up-to full dose (100mg) for my Lamotrigine and it's going well, no ongoing side effects.
jamcg

Post by jamcg »

Sounds promising. Hope all works out. 🤞
nuttinnew

Post by nuttinnew »

8-)
I hope things continue to progress well.
Explosive Newt

Post by Explosive Newt »

Fantastic news on the MRI. Hopefully the keppra is doing the trick now.
NGRhodes

Post by NGRhodes »

Had another seizure the other week (that's 4 in 4 months), thinking caffeine might be a factor.
Came back from Costa after forgetting to order decaf for my large coffee (probably 6 months since I have had anything stronger than green tea), wife said my eyes were rolling round a bit and I was acting a bit giddy like a kid, I had a sit down to relax and 5-10 minutes later I could feel myself slipping into a seizure, noticed the tremors starting and what seemed like a minute later came back with no recall about what had happened. My wife said I fitted similar to before. This time I recovered much quicker I had 10 hours sleep and back to work as normal (meds seem to be making a difference).
Got a review end of month, hoping upping the dose will be a further help. One of my best friends has epilepsy and she said it took 12 months to get the right combination of medication to stop her seizures (full grand mal seizures), been 10 years clear.

DVLA finally confirmed that I can't apply for my license back until 12 months from my last fit.