John Lewis Xmas Advert

V8Granite

Re: John Lewis Xmas Advert

Post by V8Granite »

Explosive Newt wrote: Thu Nov 04, 2021 7:15 pm
16vCento wrote: Thu Nov 04, 2021 6:39 pm Didn't know you were at that hospital @Explosive Newt, that's where my Dad had his op, only hospital in the world other than one in America that do it I think!

I'll certainly buy some Papworth charity baubles 👍
Ah yes we are a bit handy for the ol’ CTEPH. Like to think we’re fancy anyway. Of course people will be grateful but to me it seems like I wouldn’t want to be reminded of a stay in hospital by my Christmas tree!
My Dad was in an ambulance from Peterborough to Papworth while having multiple heart attacks. Within 20 minutes of arriving he was essentially fixed, amazing place.

Dave!
Gavster
Currently Driving: ya mum

Post by Gavster »

ZedLeg wrote: Fri Nov 05, 2021 9:37 am Is it really christmas without the three month build up of people complaining about mince pies in the supermarket and the continued SJW pandering of John Lewis adverts :lol:
Every year I rank mince pies by supermarkets and I cannot wait to get onto this important work
ZedLeg

Post by ZedLeg »

The best thing about being vegan is that there's no expectation for me to eat dreadful christmas food anymore. Mince pies, turkey, christmas pudding and cake. They can all get to fuck :lol:
An absolute unit
Sundayjumper
Currently Driving: Peugeot 406

Post by Sundayjumper »

We have already had mince pies from the Co-Op a couple of weeks ago ! They were very nice.
nuttinnew

Post by nuttinnew »

Gavster wrote: Fri Nov 05, 2021 8:59 am
Explosive Newt wrote: Thu Nov 04, 2021 7:16 pm
Sundayjumper wrote: Thu Nov 04, 2021 7:09 pm

Hallway. That's the hallway.
All hallways in the North have parquet flooring.

How do you make flooring out of a bird???

Excellent 8-)
McSwede

Post by McSwede »

ZedLeg wrote: Fri Nov 05, 2021 10:58 am The best thing about being vegan is that there's no expectation for me to eat dreadful christmas food anymore. Mince pies, turkey, christmas pudding and cake. They can all get to fuck :lol:
Bloody weirdo 😂

Mince pies are yummy. A good turkey takes some beating as does a crimbo pudding.

I hate traditional Christmas cake due to cherries, peel, nuts and marzipan. My mum makes me a large square one each year that contains non of the above and no icing. I keep it for ages too before I eat it. I only unwrapped and consumed last year's cake over the last 2 weeks. Grand with a bit of mature cheddar 👍
Swervin_Mervin

Post by Swervin_Mervin »

McSwede wrote: Fri Nov 05, 2021 4:24 pm
ZedLeg wrote: Fri Nov 05, 2021 10:58 am The best thing about being vegan is that there's no expectation for me to eat dreadful christmas food anymore. Mince pies, turkey, christmas pudding and cake. They can all get to fuck :lol:
Bloody weirdo 😂

Mince pies are yummy. A good turkey takes some beating as does a crimbo pudding.

I hate traditional Christmas cake due to cherries, peel, nuts and marzipan. My mum makes me a large square one each year that contains non of the above and no icing. I keep it for ages too before I eat it. I only unwrapped and consumed last year's cake over the last 2 weeks. Grand with a bit of mature cheddar 👍
Turkey can do one. I'd sooner have any other meat in preference.

Shop mince pies ming as well. I can only stomach homemade ones.

I dont mind Xmas cake though. Although the icing and marzipan gets peeled off and wizzed. This reminds me - I need to give the wife a kick to get making this year's.
RobYob

Post by RobYob »

Swervin_Mervin wrote: Fri Nov 05, 2021 7:14 pm
McSwede wrote: Fri Nov 05, 2021 4:24 pm
Bloody weirdo 😂

Turkey can do one. I'd sooner have any other meat in preference.

Shop mince pies ming as well. I can only stomach homemade ones.

I dont mind Xmas cake though. Although the icing and marzipan gets peeled off and wizzed. This reminds me - I need to give the wife a kick to get making next year's.
FTFY if the fruit hasn't been fed for six months then pass :p

I love Xmas cake with all the marzipan and glace cherries and dried fruit boozy enough to stun a buffalo.
duncs500

Post by duncs500 »

For me Xmas food is enjoyable and I look forward to it, but I think I only enjoy it for nostalgic reasons as I don't eat any of it for the rest of the year.

Pigs in blankets are of course, most excellent.

Probably the booze is what I look forward to most, not often one gets a bottle of Port open.
Explosive Newt

Post by Explosive Newt »

V8Granite wrote: Fri Nov 05, 2021 10:22 am
16vCento wrote: Thu Nov 04, 2021 6:39 pm Didn't know you were at that hospital @Explosive Newt, that's where my Dad had his op, only hospital in the world other than one in America that do it I think!

I'll certainly buy some Papworth charity baubles 👍
Ah yes we are a bit handy for the ol’ CTEPH. Like to think we’re fancy anyway. Of course people will be grateful but to me it seems like I wouldn’t want to be reminded of a stay in hospital by my Christmas tree!
My Dad was in an ambulance from Peterborough to Papworth while having multiple heart attacks. Within 20 minutes of arriving he was essentially fixed, amazing place.

Dave!
That’s the end I look after when on call! Hope he’s doing ok now.
Swervin_Mervin

Post by Swervin_Mervin »

duncs500 wrote: Fri Nov 05, 2021 9:30 pm For me Xmas food is enjoyable and I look forward to it, but I think I only enjoy it for nostalgic reasons as I don't eat any of it for the rest of the year.
Errrr :lol:
duncs500

Post by duncs500 »

Swervin_Mervin wrote: Fri Nov 05, 2021 10:39 pm
duncs500 wrote: Fri Nov 05, 2021 9:30 pm For me Xmas food is enjoyable and I look forward to it, but I think I only enjoy it for nostalgic reasons as I don't eat any of it for the rest of the year.
What's wrong with that? :? I guess it's a bit of a roast dinner, and I don't usually eat them either, think my mum overdosed me with them growing up or something. :D
V8Granite

Post by V8Granite »

Explosive Newt wrote: Fri Nov 05, 2021 10:02 pm
V8Granite wrote: Fri Nov 05, 2021 10:22 am

Dave!
That’s the end I look after when on call! Hope he’s doing ok now.
Very much so, a few diet changes but years of shift work and being an ex smoker had it on the cards I think.
It’s medical Voodoo in there and we all appreciate the work done there immensely!!!

Dave!
Broccers

Post by Broccers »

I like people telling everyone how they hate traditional Christmas. The food, the people, the family... They never say what they do enjoy. Proper moaning fucks.

😂
V8Granite

Post by V8Granite »

3 meats, stuffing, juicy bits, sprouts, sprouts with bacon and onion, roast potatoes, sausage meat balls, roast carrots, pigs in blankets, onion sauce, big yorkshires, bloody lovely.

Turkey does seem to take far more work than other meats though but the effort is worth it.

Dave!
Swervin_Mervin

Post by Swervin_Mervin »

duncs500 wrote: Sat Nov 06, 2021 5:28 am
What's wrong with that? :? I guess it's a bit of a roast dinner, and I don't usually eat them either, think my mum overdosed me with them growing up or something. :D
I just read it (maybe cos of the bottle of red I'd got through last night) that you only eat Xmas dinner at Xmas which made chuckle
McSwede

Post by McSwede »

Swervin_Mervin wrote: Sat Nov 06, 2021 10:57 pm

I just read it (maybe cos of the bottle of red I'd got through last night) that you only eat Xmas dinner at Xmas which made chuckle
I love Christmas dinners and have several in the run up to the 25th Dec at all the customer events I attend. 👍
duncs500

Post by duncs500 »

McSwede wrote: Sun Nov 07, 2021 7:31 am
Swervin_Mervin wrote: Sat Nov 06, 2021 10:57 pm

I love Christmas dinners and have several in the run up to the 25th Dec at all the customer events I attend. 👍
Yeah, but do you eat them in July? :-D
Jobbo
Currently Driving: S6 Avant, Jimny, Macan, Mini

Post by Jobbo »

I love Christmas lunch and usually choose turkey if I go out for a Sunday roast at a pub.

Still not seen the JL ad. YouTube has rammed ‘Finch’ with Tim Honks down my throat between every video though.
Mito Man

Post by Mito Man »

The JL ad is just some young boys fantasy of making love to an alien coming true
How about not having a sig at all?