London

McSwede

London

Post by McSwede »

Was in town last night for a black tie event. Pre-event I bought a Guinness and a Moretti. £15, robbing c-units! Didn't realise until later that the bar charged 12.5% service charge 🤯

Later on I was refused entry to a club because I didn't have any i.d. WTAF?? Moved on to another that told me I'd need to purchase a £400 bottle of spirit to gain access. They got a FRO and a GTF 😂
dinny_g

Re: London

Post by dinny_g »

I had Afternoon Tea in the Connaught Hotel and bough two glasses of a champagne and a glass of Prosecco

The price - £64 with an additional £9.50 service charge on top for pouring 3 glasses from open bottles.
JLv3.0 wrote: Thu Jun 21, 2018 4:26 pm I say this rarely Dave, but listen to Dinny because he's right.
Rich B wrote: Thu Jun 02, 2022 1:57 pm but Dinny was right…
Mito Man

Post by Mito Man »

Every place in London seems to have added a 12.5% service charge post covid. What’s even more silly is when you go to pay the card reader first asks you if you want to tip. No you cunts, it’s either a service charge or a tip. Last time I checked this isn’t a third world country where your only income is the tip.
How about not having a sig at all?
RobYob

Post by RobYob »

Even way before Covid I was annoyed to be slugged 12% at a fairly average Mexican joint near Barbican.
Mito Man

Post by Mito Man »

It used to be charged only at fancy restaurants. I wouldn’t be surprised if you now get service charge for eating in at Pizza Hut.
How about not having a sig at all?
McSwede

Post by McSwede »

One member of the bar staff was quite put out that I wouldn't pay it. Had I not asked for a receipt I would never have known. Twats.
Broccers

Post by Broccers »

Steep 😀

In Bath the other week the corkage charge was 15 quid after you'd bought their wine. Bargain.
Shlergen

Post by Shlergen »

Fak that. Service charge is optional though :)