Being put on edge.

nuttinnew

Being put on edge.

Post by nuttinnew »

Apologies in advance for probably not making a lot of sense.

There have been unknowns about and at all times of the day and night, a neighbour had a random bod pop up on his rear garden cam in the small hours t'other day also. None of the neighbours I've spoken to recognize the vehicles I've seen. A bit wound up atm (not helped by past experiences and things relating to similar situations; hmm, this may end up in the mental health thread).
I've got a couple of reg numbers, times, etc, but after getting nowhere with 101 a couple of days ago I feel, well, I don't know, but I don't need a walking failed abortion fvcking things up.
mik

Re: Being put on edge.

Post by mik »

You got cameras and shizzle? Ring ones are battery powered so require a bit of ongoing attention (but battery change frequency isn’t much higher than need to clean spiders webs an shit off). Immediate notification to your phone when they sense movement.
Sundayjumper
Currently Driving: Peugeot 406

Post by Sundayjumper »

Funfair in town atm by any chance ?

Life is VERY dull around here but the only two crimes I’m aware of happening on my road were both (on different occasions) by total coincidence when the funfair had just left town.
nuttinnew

Post by nuttinnew »

No to all the above (I don't even have a smart phone :oops: ), but with someone having bumped the front of the Yeti recentlyish while parked and knowing scum are everywhere I'm probably stupid not having everything covered.
nuttinnew

Post by nuttinnew »

Morning. Have located the road the vehicles live on, not the house (yet); slightly comforting.
Explosive Newt

Post by Explosive Newt »

nuttinnew wrote: Fri Aug 06, 2021 10:15 pm A bit wound up atm (not helped by past experiences and things relating to similar situations; hmm, this may end up in the mental health thread).
Yeah this. It's hard trying to control everything around you / hedge against every possible risk - impossible even - so don't let it sweep you away.
V8Granite

Post by V8Granite »

All the time chancers try car doors, garage doors, just take a nose over the fence etc.

A Ring camera showing you this just increases stress in your life I think. CCTV that isn’t sat running on a telly and saves say the last 7 days of footage would be better.

Plus if people are acting suspicious then just go for a walk if you see them, clock their car etc. If they are in any way dodgy and you don’t own a Ming Vase that would be enough to put them off. Even my Mum does it if she isn’t sure as their street is very quiet and everyone knows everyone else.

Dave!
nuttinnew

Post by nuttinnew »

Yup, I had a wander, that's how I found the cars. I like that idea of cameras ticking over in the background 8-)
Mito Man

Post by Mito Man »

V8Granite wrote: Mon Aug 09, 2021 8:35 am All the time chancers try car doors, garage doors, just take a nose over the fence etc.

A Ring camera showing you this just increases stress in your life I think. CCTV that isn’t sat running on a telly and saves say the last 7 days of footage would be better.

Plus if people are acting suspicious then just go for a walk if you see them, clock their car etc. If they are in any way dodgy and you don’t own a Ming Vase that would be enough to put them off. Even my Mum does it if she isn’t sure as their street is very quiet and everyone knows everyone else.

Dave!
In my experience CCTV without alerts is way less useful as a tool, if a thief isn't an absolute idiot and is semi covered up, steals a few things and runs away well then all you have is a video of it to show to less than interested plod. Had it happen all the time until we had cameras which gave live alerts and thus have a siren feature.
How about not having a sig at all?