Brands Hatch Indy Circuit

mik

Brands Hatch Indy Circuit

Post by mik »

BTCC is on. I expect I will enjoy the support races the most (the Ginetta’s invariably make great viewing).

I like Brands Hatch. 8-)

But the Indy Circuit is shit. :cry:

I can understand it’s use for lesser series - easier to Marshall, potentially better viewing for on-circuit spectators etc, but for higher echelon stuff like the BTCC? C’mon. :evil:

Pete_

Re: Brands Hatch Indy Circuit

Post by Pete_ »

They race the full GP circuit as well, so I don't see a problem with doing the Indy circuit in addition. Still fun and challenging from my extensive experience of driving it in Gran Turismo.
simon_g

Post by simon_g »

There's houses almost backing on to Dingle Dell and Clearways and plenty more close by the SW of those (yes, built long after the circuit) so there's a voluntary agreement with complaining locals about how many race weekends / testing / trackdays they can do each year in different noise classes.

The Indy circuit isn't so bad for noise to the houses but most things on the GP circuit are enough to tip it into the highest class, and they only get 6 race weekends a year for that.

BTCC season closer is usually on the full GP circuit. They tend to have GT racing, Masters festival, two BSB rounds and DTM (or some other big-ticket event) using it too, so they need to push a lot of events on to Indy to stay within their limits.
mik

Post by mik »

BTCC back at Brands for the full GP circuit - which is awesome. 8-)

Just watched the “always eventful” Ginetta Junior race - hugely intense (until an incident caused the safety car at least)
JonMad
Currently Driving: 2015 Swift; 2012 Yeti; 2006 Fabia

Post by JonMad »

mik wrote: Sun Oct 24, 2021 1:32 pm BTCC back at Brands for the full GP circuit - which is awesome. 8-)

Just watched the “always eventful” Ginetta Junior race - hugely intense (until an incident caused the safety car at least)
I should watch the Ginetta Juniors to see what they can do on the same tyres that most autosolo people use for their cars (195/50R15 PS3s are the Ginetta Junior control tyre and we get them cheap after their test sessions).
Left over crest; tightens.
mik

Post by mik »

JonMad wrote: Wed Oct 27, 2021 9:08 pm
mik wrote: Sun Oct 24, 2021 1:32 pm BTCC back at Brands for the full GP circuit - which is awesome. 8-)

I should watch the Ginetta Juniors to see what they can do on the same tyres that most autosolo people use for their cars (195/50R15 PS3s are the Ginetta Junior control tyre and we get them cheap after their test sessions).
I don’t think I have watched a race that didn’t entertain. 8-)

I do have to pretend to myself that they aren’t all tremendously lucky kids though.

JonMad
Currently Driving: 2015 Swift; 2012 Yeti; 2006 Fabia

Post by JonMad »

Ah, thanks.
Left over crest; tightens.