Checkout staff who pick up multipacks by the wrap

V8Granite

Re: Checkout staff who pick up multipacks by the wrap

Post by V8Granite »

Jobbo wrote: Fri Jun 04, 2021 2:59 pm
mik wrote: Fri Jun 04, 2021 11:41 am A regionally appropriate example. This needs to be picked up by getting your hands under the (fucking) cardboard base layer (yc).

Why are you getting those out of your trolley? Get them to use their hand scanner on it instead. Or are you thinking you might accidentally do a Madeley?
Jobbo uses the wobbly wheels of correctness.

When you have lifted yet another tray of them 1” off the counter at nearly arms length while sat on a chair you just end up grabbing what you can and sliding it down the slope.

Dave!
jamcg

Post by jamcg »

As a former checkout dolly I assure you that this experience is around 75% thick fucks and 25% sadistic fucks doing it on purpose because checkout work is boring and repetitive and you get a kick out of being awkward. Especially with the people like @dinny_g, I used to love fucking up peoples systems 😂 “can you pack my bags” when the person was quite clearly lazy as opposed to unable to always resulted in milk and 2l bottles of pop on top of your bread :lol:
Matty
Currently Driving: Up! GTi, Alfa 4C

Post by Matty »

I've never heard of Buckfast - Googled it and the first image is this.

Is this Mik?

mik

Post by mik »

Busted :(
Beany

Post by Beany »

jamcg wrote: Fri Jun 04, 2021 7:06 pm As a former checkout dolly I assure you that this experience is around 75% thick fucks and 25% sadistic fucks doing it on purpose because checkout work is boring and repetitive and you get a kick out of being awkward. Especially with the people like @dinny_g, I used to love fucking up peoples systems 😂 “can you pack my bags” when the person was quite clearly lazy as opposed to unable to always resulted in milk and 2l bottles of pop on top of your bread :lol:
One hundred percent this. Be awkward with the minimum wage till slaves and pay the price in squashed goods.
duncs500

Post by duncs500 »

Matty wrote: Fri Jun 04, 2021 7:16 pm I've never heard of Buckfast - Googled it and the first image is this.
Never heard of Buckfast? Our Scottish chums have only been making reference to it for more than a decade.:lol:
dinny_g

Post by dinny_g »

I’m not asking them to pack, just scan near enough to order I’ve set them out, if you wouldn’t mind.

I’m actually trying to make your life easier so if you go out of your way to reach over harder stuff to pick up softer stuff then your a cunt, minimum wage or not.

And yeah, I’ve worked tills in a super market and petrol station
JLv3.0 wrote: Thu Jun 21, 2018 4:26 pm I say this rarely Dave, but listen to Dinny because he's right.
Rich B wrote: Thu Jun 02, 2022 1:57 pm but Dinny was right…
jamcg

Post by jamcg »

dinny_g wrote: Sat Jun 05, 2021 11:04 pm I’m not asking them to pack, just scan near enough to order I’ve set them out, if you wouldn’t mind.

I’m actually trying to make your life easier so if you go out of your way to reach over harder stuff to pick up softer stuff then your a cunt, minimum wage or not.

And yeah, I’ve worked tills in a super market and petrol station
As I said, of those who do it 75% idiots, 25% cunts. I was definitely in the 25% 😂 not everyone got the treatment though, they had to annoy me somehow, like showing up at a till 5 mins before closing with a trolly piled higher than Everest, or talking on a mobile whilst getting served, that still boils my piss to this day