Poorly built houses

Foz

Re: Poorly built houses

Post by Foz »

Plastic pipe is ok IME when used with the correct inserts and compression fittings
speedingfine

Post by speedingfine »

Another random water mark on the ceiling... Time to take the house apart again ☹️
Rich B
Currently Driving: M2 Competition

Post by Rich B »

Foz wrote: Mon May 24, 2021 10:58 am Plastic pipe is ok IME when used with the correct inserts and compression fittings
yeah, I've never had a bad experience with JG push fit stuff - own brand alternatives are a recipe for disaster though.
speedingfine

Post by speedingfine »

speedingfine wrote: Sun Mar 13, 2022 6:03 pm Another random water mark on the ceiling... Time to take the house apart again ☹️
Deja-fackin-vue!

jamcg

Post by jamcg »

speedingfine wrote: Tue Mar 15, 2022 8:03 pm
speedingfine wrote: Sun Mar 13, 2022 6:03 pm Another random water mark on the ceiling... Time to take the house apart again ☹️
Deja-fackin-vue!

I’d be changing every fitting you can sensibly get to in that picture or you’ll be back again sooner than you’d like
speedingfine

Post by speedingfine »

They're all under the floor in an upstairs bedroom. Presumably they're all over the house. Not a small undertaking!
jamcg

Post by jamcg »

speedingfine wrote: Tue Mar 15, 2022 10:15 pm They're all under the floor in an upstairs bedroom. Presumably they're all over the house. Not a small undertaking!
Neither is fixing ceilings repeatedly 🤷‍♂️
speedingfine

Post by speedingfine »

jamcg wrote: Tue Mar 15, 2022 10:50 pm
speedingfine wrote: Tue Mar 15, 2022 10:15 pm They're all under the floor in an upstairs bedroom. Presumably they're all over the house. Not a small undertaking!
Neither is fixing ceilings repeatedly 🤷‍♂️
I know you're right😭 I just need time to admit that I should probably tear up all the upstairs floors and replace every joint I can find 😭
speedingfine

Post by speedingfine »

https://www.plumbersforums.net/threads/ ... es.122077/

All of the fittings are broken on the t piece we've cut out.
Swervin_Mervin

Post by Swervin_Mervin »

Looks like a right load of toss.

By the way - is it not easier to take out ceilings and redo, rather than floors?
speedingfine

Post by speedingfine »

Swervin_Mervin wrote: Thu Mar 17, 2022 4:05 pm Looks like a right load of toss.

By the way - is it not easier to take out ceilings and redo, rather than floors?
I'll ask the Wavin/Osma rep when he rings me back :lol:
speedingfine

Post by speedingfine »

Swervin_Mervin wrote: Thu Mar 17, 2022 4:05 pm Looks like a right load of toss.

Comments welcomed...

So it appears the next job is to get quotes for a plumber to replace all the fittings under the boiler upstairs and install a flowwatch switch and Wavin will cover it. The bloke suggested under the boiler will be where the majority of the fittings will be. Looking under my floor I'm not sure I agree.

I will be also be getting a quote to replace all the Wavin fittings, and gunning for that. The chap didn't dismiss them paying for that out of hand thankfully, but let's see what they put in writing.

Going to be quite a lot of agro, but impressed they've owned up and suggested getting their chequebook out already.