This weather

Mito Man

Re: This weather

Post by Mito Man »

I’m sunburnt to fuck already. Some clouds would be nice now.
How about not having a sig at all?
John

Post by John »

I've been to Donington today for the first time in ages. Looking around at some of the spectators, there are going to be some very uncomfortable people in bed tonight :oops:
nuttinnew

Post by nuttinnew »

The warning for high uv was as red as google maps. Much the same today but hopefully the roads will be better.
Broccers

Post by Broccers »

Been a fabulous weekend and today too!
nuttinnew

Post by nuttinnew »

Hayfever has come back with a vengeance, my eyes are fvcked :evil:
Simon

Post by Simon »

We used the pool for the first time. Little'un cried when we tried to put him in it (despite going to swimming classes last year) and then cried when Deb got in it.

This isn't going well.

Still, got the water temp up to a nice 27 degrees C with a mix of solar mats and solar cover. Might see 30 today.
The artist formerly known as _Who_
Zonda_

Post by Zonda_ »

Had a memory pop up on Facebook from this date in 2016 where I had gone to work with the car seat heaters on!
V8Granite

Post by V8Granite »

Simon wrote: Tue Jun 01, 2021 9:09 am We used the pool for the first time. Little'un cried when we tried to put him in it (despite going to swimming classes last year) and then cried when Deb got in it.

This isn't going well.

Still, got the water temp up to a nice 27 degrees C with a mix of solar mats and solar cover. Might see 30 today.
We have a 3m by 2m giant paddling pool thing with a filter and pump. The wife got some super happy chemicals you can essentially drink to keep it safe as it’s nearly 3 tons of water in there. We just let the sun do it’s thing and they don’t really notice the cold.

A Midwife told us a long time ago that unless they are blue, young children won’t moan Aslong as they are having fun. So I’m not sure if ours are sturdy or we are just committing child abuse 😂

Dave!
Simon

Post by Simon »

:D

Ours is 3mx2m too. 4000l. 28.5 degrees now, and literally had to drag Noah out as he decided he was going enjoy it all of a sudden. We needed to dress him though as Mrs threw him in without a nappy and I told her that if he does a shit in the pool then he's cleaning it up.

We have a couple of filter/pumps, electric heater (not used today), solar mats and solar cover, then debris cover, ground sheet, gym mats under the pool, chemicals etc etc. I did some gorilla plumbing so that most of the water goes straight back after the pump but some gets ducted off to the solar mats then back. Seems to be working pretty well so far. 28.5 is starting to feel 'warm' to me now.
DeskJockey

Post by DeskJockey »

Zonda_ wrote: Tue Jun 01, 2021 11:56 am Had a memory pop up on Facebook from this date in 2016 where I had gone to work with the car seat heaters on!
Similarly my memory today was from 2016 and shows the eldest out and about in his winter coat.
---
Driving a Galaxy far far away
nuttinnew

Post by nuttinnew »

If there's rain like this in Notts. a good Rufford Ford vid will be on it's way.
jamcg

Post by jamcg »

It’s been really sunny and properly warm around here all week, yet I keep seeing the great unwashed out in big puffer jackets, full tracksuits with fleecy hoodies and all sorts- is this just a phenomenon exclusively near me or is everywhere experiencing this?
16vCento
Currently Driving: XFS Portfolio
V60 D3 SE
Xantia Activa

Post by 16vCento »

I've just bought a TV cover and bracket to put a spare old TV on the wall outside for the Euros, so i can guarantee it will rain for the next month now 😂
speedingfine

Post by speedingfine »

Glorious morning at Shelsley Walsh, shame spectators weren't allowed in the paddock due to Covid but I photographed a couple of cars in the car park instead.

Saw my first Yaris GR no photos as I think you've all seen one by now. Cartoonish looks, it's quite outrageous in the metal. Always thought S3 Exiges looked terrible with the roof off, but this one actually looked quite good :?
nuttinnew

Post by nuttinnew »

Was forecast a clear night yet cannae see the supermoon :roll: :evil:
Broccers

Post by Broccers »

It really cant make its mind up here today. Bike day around donington soon so doing a little sun dance..... its rained so far :lol:
nuttinnew

Post by nuttinnew »

Enough of this; it's been pishing down for days on and off, the last day continuously, yet I'm still getting teh bad hayfever. Htf does that work? :evil:
Last edited by nuttinnew on Tue Jul 06, 2021 6:01 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Simon

Post by Simon »

'Rona.
nuttinnew

Post by nuttinnew »

No, wrong symptoms. At least, afaik, could be some new summer covid variant :roll:

O/t; I dislike the way health matters bring a negative connotation to the word variant. My early motoring history has VW Type3 Variants in it, with good memories.
Broccers

Post by Broccers »

Yeh Ive terrible hayfever too and its bloody raining most of the time.