This weather

Explosive Newt

Re: This weather

Post by Explosive Newt »

Mrs came home in an abject grump having had one of her once a fortnight in office days where the windows were open for ventilation reasons and she had spent the day frozen.

Once I’d got her into bed I quickly warmed her up… with the electric blanket and a hot water bottle.
John

Post by John »

Explosive Newt wrote: Fri Nov 26, 2021 5:43 am

Once I’d got her into bed I quickly warmed her up… with the electric blanket and a hot water bottle.
I always find warming your cold feet up on them gets an extremely positive reaction :D
nuttinnew

Post by nuttinnew »

Rich B wrote: Thu Nov 25, 2021 11:04 pm Just got back from a night mountain bike ride - perfect clear night - though it was down to about 2° by the end which was starting to feel a bit chilly in the fingers and toes.
Nice! 8-)

I don't mind doing extreme weather work, it's a different challenge, but if I'm going to Scotland, Wales, wherever to do it I want the journey there to be pleasant (in A1/M4 terms :D ).
nuttinnew

Post by nuttinnew »

Rich B wrote: Thu Nov 25, 2021 11:04 pm Just got back from a night mountain bike ride - perfect clear night - though it was down to about 2° by the end which was starting to feel a bit chilly in the fingers and toes.
Nice! 8-)

I don't mind doing extreme weather work, it's a different challenge, but if I'm going to Scotland, Wales, wherever to do it I want the journey there to be pleasant (in A1/M4 terms :D ).
nuttinnew

Post by nuttinnew »

Broccers wrote: Thu Nov 25, 2021 8:07 pm Its absolutely baltic where we are and is apparently going to be mega windy tomorrow / saturday up in the NE.

Yellow snow and red wind are for sure best avoided.
McSwede

Post by McSwede »

Already really blowing here in N.Yorks and raining. Bit cooler and I'm sure it's snow. Just feels like that kind of evening.
Beany

Post by Beany »

Yeah, fucking Baltic in Pudsey, one degree out and raining with gusty winds.

Unpleasant.
RobYob

Post by RobYob »

Was kinda hoping for a bit of snow before departing. Got sleeted and hailed on yesterday, yeah thanks, cya Norfolk. :lol:
Gavin
Currently Driving: Skoda Superb, R56 Cooper S

Post by Gavin »

We got a wee bit snow on high ground but the warning changed to red and we have trees down all over, There are 40ish roads in the Borders closed with trees on them! :shock:

A wee corner of roofing felt cam off the shed that is scheduled for demolition, will likely nails something back over as it will be spring before I can get a replacement anyway.
John

Post by John »

A covering early today but it's pretty much turned to slush or melted now

Explosive Newt

Post by Explosive Newt »

Beany wrote: Fri Nov 26, 2021 9:09 pm Yeah, fucking Baltic in Pudsey, one degree out and raining with gusty winds.

Unpleasant.
Was going to be headed up to my folks this afternoon (Guiseley) but just got off the phone with dad who said there are ice patches and strong winds around and I'm apparently better off coming tomorrow morning.
integrale_evo

Post by integrale_evo »

Winter tyres not yet fitted, don’t know how I’m going to cope with these atrocious conditions :shock:

Cheers, Harry
Rich B
Currently Driving: M2 Competition

Post by Rich B »

On Thursday I was behind a M140i turning left off my road, he went a bit sideways (which I quite liked, even though my first thought as a 40 year old man was to tut). I then turned right with barely a touch of accelerator (on VERY cold tyres) and had a lovely bit of oppo- damn I missed rwd In The winter.
McSwede

Post by McSwede »

integrale_evo wrote: Sat Nov 27, 2021 2:02 pm Winter tyres not yet fitted, don’t know how I’m going to cope with these atrocious conditions :shock:

Is that a car under the snowdrift?? 😁
Zonda_

Post by Zonda_ »

Been great here, the massive tree the neighbours refused to do anything about despite it knocking our wall down, blew down overnight demolishing their neighbours to the other sides extension.
Beany

Post by Beany »

Not quite as exciting here, although I'm having to do that embarrassing thing of buying an ice scraper (can't find my one) and winter screenwash because I kinda forgot about that one.

After, of course, improvising an ice scraper out of whatever toot was in the car. This time, a soft bristled brush that ironically I used to brush loose snow off last year when it was more snowy than icy.
McSwede

Post by McSwede »

Beany wrote: Sat Nov 27, 2021 7:20 pm Not quite as exciting here, although I'm having to do that embarrassing thing of buying an ice scraper (can't find my one) and winter screenwash because I kinda forgot about that one.

After, of course, improvising an ice scraper out of whatever toot was in the car. This time, a soft bristled brush that ironically I used to brush loose snow off last year when it was more snowy than icy.
Not sure if I've mentioned this already but I can pre-heat my car remotely 😁😁😂

Snowing here now though (North of you).
Beany

Post by Beany »

Yeah, we got the snow last night with the wind.

And it's been freezing all day today so knocking the ice off the car was 'fun'.
McSwede

Post by McSwede »

Beany wrote: Sat Nov 27, 2021 7:50 pm Yeah, we got the snow last night with the wind.

And it's been freezing all day today so knocking the ice off the car was 'fun'.
Aye. It's been pretty windy and cold. Had a nice walk with my daughter and the dog just before it got dark but the wind was biting when it was in your face. A good day to be inside with the CH keeping a nice temp.
jamcg

Post by jamcg »

Zonda_ wrote: Sat Nov 27, 2021 7:16 pm Been great here, the massive tree the neighbours refused to do anything about despite it knocking our wall down, blew down overnight demolishing their neighbours to the other sides extension.
Just been sent this by a mate, it’s not this tree is it? :lol: