This weather

Zonda_

Re: This weather

Post by Zonda_ »

It’s not far off, the fucking thing still blocks the light lying down!
V8Granite

Post by V8Granite »

McSwede wrote: Sat Nov 27, 2021 7:44 pm
Beany wrote: Sat Nov 27, 2021 7:20 pm Not quite as exciting here, although I'm having to do that embarrassing thing of buying an ice scraper (can't find my one) and winter screenwash because I kinda forgot about that one.

After, of course, improvising an ice scraper out of whatever toot was in the car. This time, a soft bristled brush that ironically I used to brush loose snow off last year when it was more snowy than icy.
Not sure if I've mentioned this already but I can pre-heat my car remotely 😁😁😂

Snowing here now though (North of you).
You’re so old hat, I can warm the cabin and also pre-heat the engine oil. It wouldn’t look out of place to climb into my car dressed like I was in Blake 7 it’s so futuristic 😎

Dave!
V8Granite

Post by V8Granite »

On Friday I secured a 4 foot Christmas tree above our porch, just in time for the super storm, luckily it appears to be surviving well!!

We chose yesterday to take the kids to the aquarium in Skegness as a treat. They loved the crazy weather but on the walk back they were struggling to walk so I ran to get the car during a bad patch. So if anyone saw a fat guy in a green coat running faster than Usain Bolt in a storm then that was me :lol:

I had to turn the car around to pick them up facing the weather as the car would have been drenched otherwise. Even the Ferris wheel was spinning happily with all the Gondolas removed due to the wind.

Dave!
McSwede

Post by McSwede »

V8Granite wrote: Sun Nov 28, 2021 8:11 am
McSwede wrote: Sat Nov 27, 2021 7:44 pm
Beany wrote: Sat Nov 27, 2021 7:20 pm Not quite as exciting here, although I'm having to do that embarrassing thing of buying an ice scraper (can't find my one) and winter screenwash because I kinda forgot about that one.

After, of course, improvising an ice scraper out of whatever toot was in the car. This time, a soft bristled brush that ironically I used to brush loose snow off last year when it was more snowy than icy.
Not sure if I've mentioned this already but I can pre-heat my car remotely 😁😁😂

Snowing here now though (North of you).
You’re so old hat, I can warm the cabin and also pre-heat the engine oil. It wouldn’t look out of place to climb into my car dressed like I was in Blake 7 it’s so futuristic 😎

Dave!
Look at you George Jetson. Is that using the Land Rover app? 😝😁
V8Granite

Post by V8Granite »

No, I simply have to unlock the door, hit the interior light, turn off the radio and fan, turn on the ignition, hit the oil heater, then fire up the Eberspacher and hey presto, seamless heating :lol:

No plugging in needed, which sounds like a faff :roll: ;)

Dave!
McSwede

Post by McSwede »

V8Granite wrote: Sun Nov 28, 2021 10:35 am No, I simply have to unlock the door, hit the interior light, turn off the radio and fan, turn on the ignition, hit the oil heater, then fire up the Eberspacher and hey presto, seamless heating :lol:

No plugging in needed, which sounds like a faff :roll: ;)

Dave!
😂 Smooth like butter.
Mito Man

Post by Mito Man »

Noticed something odd whilst taking the dog for a walk today by the beach, for the first time since I can remember there was no pollution or foggy haze so the horizon was a very clear line rather than a blur.
And Dungeness power station along with the trees and power lines looked like they were in the water - crappy zoomed photo:
I wondered if this was just the heat producing that haze you see all too often or if the curvature of the earth would actually make this visible change - noticed it with a far away container ship too, could only see the top half.
The power station was 14 miles away roughly.
How about not having a sig at all?
RobYob

Post by RobYob »

Mito Man wrote: Sun Nov 28, 2021 1:46 pm I wondered if this was just the heat producing that haze you see all too often or if the curvature of the earth would actually make this visible change
Definitely the thermal gradient, the water will be warmer relative to the air, same effect as the hot sand. It's the gradient that matters not the absolute iirc my high school physics correctly...
RobYob

Post by RobYob »

A few flakes at Heathrow, perfect 8-)