Thieving Scum pt453

scotta

Thieving Scum pt453

Post by scotta »

5 cars taken on Saturday night from our street.

https://www.scotsman.com/news/crime/own ... ns-3229849

Thankfully they didn't come near us. Obviously well prepped and organised though. Locks drilled for entry and disabled security camera's.

The A1 had a GPS tracker on the audi app that they disabled shortly after taking the car.
Broccers

Re: Thieving Scum pt453

Post by Broccers »

The worst part is having them in your house while youre asleep. 2003 they took my ctr, I was never worried when we had a dog but now think carefully where the keys are left at night.
mik

Post by mik »

Broccers wrote: Mon May 10, 2021 11:52 am The worst part is having them in your house while youre asleep.
Very much that - stuff can be replaced, but that kinda shizzle gives you the willies.

Dogs n motion-sensing cameras FTW (I keep my audible warning on at night - happier to be occasionally woken by a false alarm due to a cat/fox/elephant than be unaware of something.
Rich B
Currently Driving: M2 Competition

Post by Rich B »

That's the shit part of improvements in car security, breaking in to people's houses and getting the key is the only way to steal them.

In this case, it's slightly ironic that they probably wouldn't have bothered nicking the 7 year old fiesta if they'd had to physically break into it and start it on the driveway.
scotta

Post by scotta »

Rich B wrote: Mon May 10, 2021 12:30 pm That's the shit part of improvements in car security, breaking in to people's houses and getting the key is the only way to steal them.

In this case, it's slightly ironic that they probably wouldn't have bothered nicking the 7 year old fiesta if they'd had to physically break into it and start it on the driveway.
Exactly i think that was a bonus that the keys were next to the X3 and they thought - ooh we'll have that. the house with the A1 also had an S3. I suspect that was the initial target but they couldn't find the keys for that.
240PP
Currently Driving: A5 3.0 TDI, 987 S.

Post by 240PP »

scotta wrote: Mon May 10, 2021 12:35 pm the house with the A1 also had an S3. I suspect that was the initial target but they couldn't find the keys for that.
The owners got off lightly then. The popular method is to demand the keys at gun/knifepoint.
V8Granite

Post by V8Granite »

mik wrote: Mon May 10, 2021 11:55 am
Broccers wrote: Mon May 10, 2021 11:52 am The worst part is having them in your house while youre asleep.
Very much that - stuff can be replaced, but that kinda shizzle gives you the willies.

Dogs n motion-sensing cameras FTW (I keep my audible warning on at night - happier to be occasionally woken by a false alarm due to a cat/fox/elephant than be unaware of something.
It’s horrible not having a dog, there spider sense is incredible and Aslong as it makes a noise generally a thief won’t go near them apparently.

Not sure what it would feel like to have someone in the house as you slept, that must take some getting over.

Dave!
nuttinnew

Post by nuttinnew »

Tracker deactivated? If it's that easily disabled, what's the point :?
dinny_g

Post by dinny_g »

The keys to both our cars are always left in a very prominent place - obviously not in view from anywhere outside of the property for insurance purposes etc. - but if anyone gets into the house then they are not going to have to wake us to find them.

The cars don't belong to me so take them...

Scumbags - we've been broken into twice - first time, they came back about 6 weeks later, presumably to take all the stuff the insurance had replaced. They made a load of noise and were scared off. Second time, the took the keys to my other half's car but not the car itself. Plod reckon they were planning to come back later to take it when the dust settled on the first break=in.

Both times, all locks, including the car's had been changed.
JLv3.0 wrote: Thu Jun 21, 2018 4:26 pm I say this rarely Dave, but listen to Dinny because he's right.
Rich B wrote: Thu Jun 02, 2022 1:57 pm but Dinny was right…
McSwede

Post by McSwede »

dinny_g wrote: Mon May 10, 2021 3:58 pm The keys to both our cars are always left in a very prominent place - obviously not in view from anywhere outside of the property for insurance purposes etc. - but if anyone gets into the house then they are not going to have to wake us to find them.

The cars don't belong to me so take them...
Very much this. Keys are easy to find as I don't want anyone coming upstairs to ask me!

GPS in production cars is an easy thing to remove and it happens quickly. It's just under the boot floor in mine.
Rich B
Currently Driving: M2 Competition

Post by Rich B »

Hmmm. It took me 20 minutes to find my keys this morning...
mik

Post by mik »

We’ll be the family stabbed to death if they break in and demand the keys to Mrs mik’s car....

- WHERE ARE YOUR KEYS?
- they’re hanging up
- THEY ARE NOT HANGING UP
- hmmm - they must be in my jacket pocket
- WHICH JACKET?
- the grey one
- NO KEYS IN YOUR GREY JACKET
- Hmm - must be my blue one?
- NO
- they will be in my bag then
- GET THEM OUT!
- <rummage rummage > hmmm, they’re not there
Etc etc
Broccers

Post by Broccers »

A very long time ago I was broken into and they took the decent hi-fi but left the tv. They pinched the tv remote tho so that was mental torture until a replacement came.

As for cars they actually found mine 2 years later just as I tried to get my private plate registered to a different car which causes no end of bother.
davecG60

Post by davecG60 »

Our area has has a huge increase in car theft and break ins over the last few months. As we are in the middle of Sheffield, Glossop, Stockport and Manchester here in the High Peak I think it's easy pickings for them. The local police have a huge area to cover and with less actual Cops to do it.
Last month the scrotes were after high value mountain bikes - middle of the Peak District there is no shortage of 'ills for them to cycle up and down.
This month they are back nicking cars and power tools. All our stuff is under lock and key with CCTV but if they want it they will force entry and get it. I am no hero (and can't even chase them nowadays :lol: ).
Cockwobble
McSwede

Post by McSwede »

mik wrote: Mon May 10, 2021 4:39 pm We’ll be the family stabbed to death if they break in and demand the keys to Mrs mik’s car....

- WHERE ARE YOUR KEYS?
- they’re hanging up
- THEY ARE NOT HANGING UP
- hmmm - they must be in my jacket pocket
- WHICH JACKET?
- the grey one
- NO KEYS IN YOUR GREY JACKET
- Hmm - must be my blue one?
- NO
- they will be in my bag then
- GET THEM OUT!
- <rummage rummage > hmmm, they’re not there
Etc etc
Ha. Too true. Does my nut in. Hang them with all the keys and you always know where they are.

Right up there with leaving the steering wheel straight but the front wheels pointed at the wall that the bumper is 2 inches away from or constantly leaving the sunvisor at 45deg for when I get into the car. Or not being able to park properly etc etc. 🤯🤯🤯
scotta

Post by scotta »

The ST Van and the A1 have been recovered. It was 3 cars not 5 stolen (bad enough) the X3 however is still gone.
16vCento
Currently Driving: XFS Portfolio
V60 D3 SE
Xantia Activa

Post by 16vCento »

I'll have 4 cars blocking in the important one from Saturday so they will need to bring a big crew.

308, 3008, V60, XF then the Activa tucked away 😂
Sundayjumper
Currently Driving: Peugeot 406

Post by Sundayjumper »

16vCento wrote: Tue May 11, 2021 11:06 pm 308, 3008, V60, XF then the Activa tucked away 😂
And still no pics of the Activa ??

I'm going to start calling it the Citron Activia if you don't do a proper write up.

16vCento
Currently Driving: XFS Portfolio
V60 D3 SE
Xantia Activa

Post by 16vCento »

It's a Ball ache trying to upload stuff here, there's lots of them on twitter 😂
mik

Post by mik »

16vCento wrote: Wed May 12, 2021 8:10 am It's a Ball ache trying to upload stuff here, there's lots of them on twitter 😂
Just post your tweets?