Dogecoin etc

Foz

Re: Dogecoin etc

Post by Foz »

I don’t think he gives a shit
Mito Man

Post by Mito Man »

Well if he actually cared about the environment he could sell Bitcoin and use the profits from it to fund environmental charities (it's still up $10,000 a coin from Feb). But he's holding on. He's been pumping up Dogecoin for months but there were actual sustainable alternatives he could have picked.
How about not having a sig at all?
ZedLeg

Post by ZedLeg »

I was recently reading something about scammers increasingly using cryptos for pump and dump schemes. I wouldn't be surprised if Elon was working on that premise.
An absolute unit
Foz

Post by Foz »

Having done a lot of research on crypto recently yes, pump and dump rug pulls are alarmingly common.

Horner there are opportunities, but it’s complete gambling.
Sundayjumper
Currently Driving: Peugeot 406

Post by Sundayjumper »

Is Musk manoeuvring to introduce his own currency ? Just imagine the Tesla fanboi circle jerk if that happens :lol:
Broccers

Post by Broccers »

Doge 38 last night, 54 this morning. Lots of people getting rich and poor, manipulation of desperation.
Shlergen

Post by Shlergen »

Made some money yesterday on Ada & Matic. Pulled out early (oh er), could have been a lot better.

Matic is up 30% in 24 hours, it'll be interesting to see where it goes. BTC not doing so well.
Broccers

Post by Broccers »

Did anyone get in early in on the Fuck Elon Musk coin?😃
https://www.ft.com/content/ab2793db-2b4 ... 5fe0be8d4a
Carlos

Post by Carlos »

The last 3 posts alone scream at me these "currencies" must be a ponzi scheme.
Sundayjumper

Post by Sundayjumper »

Carlos wrote: Mon May 17, 2021 1:55 pm The last 3 posts alone scream at me these "currencies" must be a ponzi scheme.
That's what I've been saying all along.
Mito Man

Post by Mito Man »

Fair enough if you think its a scam or gambling but not sure how it's a Ponzi scheme? Doesn't meet the definition or characteristics of a Ponzi scheme.
V8Granite

Post by V8Granite »

CumRocket has been a roller coaster, it’s mentally draining :lol:

They have merchandise now but I don’t think it’ll be school run attire :D

Dave!
Rich B
Currently Driving: M2 Competition

Post by Rich B »

Carlos wrote: Mon May 17, 2021 1:55 pm The last 3 posts alone scream at me these "currencies" must be a ponzi scheme.
Ponzi, pyramid or whatever, it's not really a currency is it.
V8Granite

Post by V8Granite »

Rich B wrote: Mon May 17, 2021 2:05 pm
Ponzi, pyramid or whatever, it's not really a currency is it.
They are magic computer dollars.

They don’t exist till the very last minute.

Dave!
Carlos

Post by Carlos »

Mito Man wrote: Mon May 17, 2021 2:00 pm Fair enough if you think its a scam or gambling but not sure how it's a Ponzi scheme? Doesn't meet the definition or characteristics of a Ponzi scheme.
If someone new doesn't keep pumping money in, the scheme and its perceived value collapses, that's the very definition of a Ponzi scheme.

Like that Football Index collapse recently i'm struggling to buy into the concept that you can make up money/currency/value on the interweb.

I hope it isnt the next house of cards but there have been many many over history where something seems to good to be true and people still buy in. There has been literally dozens of billion dollar schemes yet people still buy into something that can't be explained.
Mito Man

Post by Mito Man »

Carlos wrote: Mon May 17, 2021 2:19 pm
Mito Man wrote: Mon May 17, 2021 2:00 pm Fair enough if you think its a scam or gambling but not sure how it's a Ponzi scheme? Doesn't meet the definition or characteristics of a Ponzi scheme.
If someone new doesn't keep pumping money in, the scheme and its perceived value collapses, that's the very definition of a Ponzi scheme.

Like that Football Index collapse recently i'm struggling to buy into the concept that you can make up money/currency/value on the interweb.

I hope it isnt the next house of cards but there have been many many over history where something seems to good to be true and people still buy in. There has been literally dozens of billion dollar schemes yet people still buy into something that can't be explained.
If someone new doesn't keep pumping money in, and no one withdraws money, the value remains the same. The transactions are all freely available to see - its just free market economics in that regard. I'd say a key attribute of Ponzi schemes are guaranteed returns which is clearly not the case with crypto when they can go up or down 50% in a day.
Sundayjumper

Post by Sundayjumper »

Mito Man

Post by Mito Man »

Greater fool theory would be more accurate however time will tell. The last paragraph is apt, and since then we have the large American investment banks gearing up to offer blockchain funds to clients.
Carlos

Post by Carlos »

Mito Man wrote: Mon May 17, 2021 2:25 pm

If someone new doesn't keep pumping money in, and no one withdraws money, the value remains the same. The transactions are all freely available to see - its just free market economics in that regard. I'd say a key attribute of Ponzi schemes are guaranteed returns which is clearly not the case with crypto when they can go up or down 50% in a day.
If no-one is buying it has no value regardless of what the index says as you have no means of converting to a real life currency !
Mito Man

Post by Mito Man »

Carlos wrote: Mon May 17, 2021 2:41 pm
Mito Man wrote: Mon May 17, 2021 2:25 pm

If no-one is buying it has no value regardless of what the index says as you have no means of converting to a real life currency !
In that regard yes, but the price is set by the value of the last coin sold.