Dogecoin etc

Broccers

Re: Dogecoin etc

Post by Broccers »

Jobbo wrote: Tue Jun 21, 2022 2:23 pm Ah, burned were you? Is that why you didn't see the value in LLOY at 32p?
Burned? Are you new to investing like Rich? 2008 they really went down to less than 25p. I bought some and made money. Usually it's clever to get your divs to buy more as the successful co you are investing in goes up. Sounds like you got right turned over over the period but don't cry. :lol:

lloyds is shite - buy some baccy shares instead and Bitcoin /Eth :)
Broccers

Post by Broccers »

Theres an awful lot of noise about crypto going down - not a peep when its nearly UP 50 percent in a week - thats eth I dont follow the rest.

Your 7k is 10k today had you bought 10 eth a week ago.
Rich B
Currently Driving: M2 Competition

Post by Rich B »

Broccers wrote: Sun Jun 26, 2022 9:33 am Theres an awful lot of noise about crypto going down - not a peep when its nearly UP 50 percent in a week - thats eth I dont follow the rest.

up 28% since last week, which is still half what it was worth a month ago and a fifth of what it was a year ago.

Do you buy and sell stuff that quick to make the short term rises?
Broccers

Post by Broccers »

Rich B wrote: Sun Jun 26, 2022 9:39 am
Broccers wrote: Sun Jun 26, 2022 9:33 am Theres an awful lot of noise about crypto going down - not a peep when its nearly UP 50 percent in a week - thats eth I dont follow the rest.

up 28% since last week, which is still half what it was worth a month ago and a fifth of what it was a year ago.

Im not sure where you get that crap info from lad but its wrong. It dipped to 720 or less daily as I was watching it.

The little line under the block is movement and you can actually trade along it up or down.

Anyone putting their money in this will be doing so that after a period of time (not days / weeks / months but many years) it will be considerably more up than sat in the bank. :D

I've said I'm buying Eth, not enough to make a significant dent to wealth but a bit to pay for things one day. Yes its currently not up but then you could say that about many people in March 20 when through no fault of their own the stock market crashed.
Gavster
Currently Driving: ya mum

Post by Gavster »

Rich “but the price haz gon down” B strikes again 😂
Carlos

Post by Carlos »

I don't like the berating of people who don't have the same conviction as you to an investment. It comes across as cult like and is a red flag of Ponzi schemes.

We're all different and people should be rightly scepticle of something as new, unregulated and intangible as crypto/nft'ss. Although if you have the appetite for a gamble on whether something actually exists and is valuable you may be quids in but equally understand that you can lose the lot.
Broccers

Post by Broccers »

Carlos wrote: Sun Jun 26, 2022 5:37 pm I don't like the berating of people who don't have the same conviction as you to an investment. It comes across as cult like and is a red flag of Ponzi schemes.

We're all different and people should be rightly scepticle of something as new, unregulated and intangible as crypto/nft'ss. Although if you have the appetite for a gamble on whether something actually exists and is valuable you may be quids in but equally understand that you can lose the lot.
Absolutely - I know Rolls Royce is mentioned here frequently - could well have gone bust and you lose the lot - exactly the same. See RBS, Woolworth, Debenhams all safe places for your money years ago. Also a bank could go and if you have more than 85k you're shafted. Who trades forex and other extremely risky investments? Could lose the pot gambled and your house too - life is a risk dudes.
Rich B

Post by Rich B »

To be brutally honest, my real issue is with Bitcoin - I think all proof of work (and to a lesser extent, proof of stake) schemes are fucking disgusting wastes of energy and that everyone involved loses all their money. Abandoning all ethics for a chance of a quick buck is pathetic.
Broccers

Post by Broccers »

What exactly do people think of QE? Is this ok as its done by governments so its fine and dandy? :lol:
Sundayjumper
Currently Driving: Peugeot 406

Post by Sundayjumper »

Carlos wrote: Sun Jun 26, 2022 5:37 pm I don't like the berating of people who don't have the same conviction as you to an investment. It comes across as cult like and is a red flag of Ponzi schemes.
Lots of this. There’s a massive cult vibe to crypto.
Gavster

Post by Gavster »

It's even more shocking that someone on the evo forum finds sarcasm offensive :lol:

As far as I'm aware, everyone agrees crypto is high risk. Some of us are gambling on it, some of you aren't. This thread has been repetitive in the discussion of that cycle in perpetuity because the two positions are irreconcilable.

I happily take risks, because that's how you make money, and crypto is just one small part of my day-to-day work. I'm not betting my house on it.
Gavster

Post by Gavster »

I swear the reason this place loves an argument is down the the quasi-autistic dualistic phenomena that everyone else should accept one opinion as correct in spite of other people's ideas
ZedLeg

Post by ZedLeg »

It's Broccers tbh, he just uses this place as his own drunk argument generator :lol:

I think he likes to imagine that he's "triggering" people.
An absolute unit
Broccers

Post by Broccers »

ZedLeg wrote: Mon Jun 27, 2022 9:40 am It's Broccers tbh, he just uses this place as his own drunk argument generator :lol:

I think he likes to imagine that he's "triggering" people.
You have a choice not to reply and for the record only drunkness is from hayfever tabs. Nobber.
Gavster

Post by Gavster »

Heinz baked beans are up 40% this year :lol:
duncs500

Post by duncs500 »

Am I the only person who finds that everyone they meet who dabbles in crypto is supposedly making a killing out of it? It must basically be a money tree of unlimited profit. :lol:
Rich B

Post by Rich B »

duncs500 wrote: Tue Jul 19, 2022 8:41 am Am I the only person who finds that everyone they meet who dabbles in crypto is supposedly making a killing out of it? It must basically be a money tree of unlimited profit. :lol:
they're probably as loose with the truth as they are with their ethics.
Sundayjumper
Currently Driving: Peugeot 406

Post by Sundayjumper »

duncs500 wrote: Tue Jul 19, 2022 8:41 am It must basically be a money tree of unlimited profit. :lol:
The hallmark of a Ponzi scheme 8-)
Gavster

Post by Gavster »

duncs500 wrote: Tue Jul 19, 2022 8:41 am Am I the only person who finds that everyone they meet who dabbles in crypto is supposedly making a killing out of it? It must basically be a money tree of unlimited profit. :lol:
That's not true though, I've been quite clear on this thread that my portfolio is down this year 🤷‍♂️ although we've not met, so I guess that doesn't count :lol:
Broccers

Post by Broccers »

Broccers wrote: Sun Jun 26, 2022 11:49 am
Rich B wrote: Sun Jun 26, 2022 9:39 am

Im not sure where you get that crap info from lad but its wrong. It dipped to 720 or less daily as I was watching it.

The little line under the block is movement and you can actually trade along it up or down.

Anyone putting their money in this will be doing so that after a period of time (not days / weeks / months but many years) it will be considerably more up than sat in the bank. :D

I've said I'm buying Eth, not enough to make a significant dent to wealth but a bit to pay for things one day. Yes its currently not up but then you could say that about many people in March 20 when through no fault of their own the stock market crashed.
As of last night you would have nearly doubled your money in a month based on buying when I said. :D

I'm not sure if this the start of the march back up tho.