Dogecoin etc

V8Granite

Re: Dogecoin etc

Post by V8Granite »

Be a diamond hands, follow the Twitter feeds and figure out the wheat from the chaff.

The chap who developed Sandbox game is now on the ULTIArena so that could have an exciting future ahead.

I’m nearly bang on broken even, from a high of 1000% so it can go up and down a wee bit 😂

Dave!
Last edited by V8Granite on Fri Jan 07, 2022 11:35 am, edited 1 time in total.
Brannen

Post by Brannen »

I don't have any intentions to do anything with what I put in, so will just leave it and see how it gets on. It was more me dipping my toes in, and it's not been great so far. I was fully aware it could go down, which is why I started with a relatively small amount. I'm not expecting to make any huge profit as I think that boat has sailed in the "mainstream" coins. But will definitely take a look at Twitter / Reddit etc and see if there's anything worth a punt.
Mito Man

Post by Mito Man »

Looks like the free Covid stimulus money has diminished, millions of people have been stung and with it the Crypto market has calmed down. Perhaps a few years of it just going sideways again until the next fad? Maybe once the Metaverse really kicks off in a few years it will take off again.
How about not having a sig at all?
Broccers

Post by Broccers »

Mito Man wrote: Fri Jan 07, 2022 6:36 pm Looks like the free Covid stimulus money has diminished, millions of people have been stung and with it the Crypto market has calmed down. Perhaps a few years of it just going sideways again until the next fad? Maybe once the Metaverse really kicks off in a few years it will take off again.
Inflation will mean people look for a store of money soon enough.
Mito Man

Post by Mito Man »

Investors looking to combat inflation are generally low risk types who purchase bonds and commodities. Can’t see many of the older age groups jumping on the crypto bandwagon :lol:
Broccers

Post by Broccers »

Mito Man wrote: Fri Jan 07, 2022 11:35 pm Investors looking to combat inflation are generally low risk types who purchase bonds and commodities. Can’t see many of the older age groups jumping on the crypto bandwagon :lol:
I had to explain what it was to the two 30 somethings that run our local pub. The thing for me is as kids get more used to having crypto as an option and store of value itll become more and more popular and therefore keep rising. I reckon Eth has bottomed now, I'm about even which is great :lol: :lol: :lol:
NGRhodes

Post by NGRhodes »

I had a go at the crypto trading malarkey last year, my Coinbase account got frozen, took 3 months to get my account unlocked and took an escalation to Financial Ombudsman to get compensation. As I was only in it for the fun/pocket money amounts, the amount of hassle just didn't seem worth it for me. Made me realise the big issue at the moment is how poorly regulated and risky it is trading with any crypto exchange, really are in still in the wild west gold rush of crypto and open to abuse to be treated like one huge Ponzi scheme, there are too many and too huge wallets that can influence the market at a whim. There is room for the savvy and agile, who can quickly respond to the ripple effects of rug pulls and Elon Musk tweets to make a tidy profit, but you need to treat like a part time job and thats just not fun for me.
Gavster
Currently Driving: ya mum

Post by Gavster »

Totally agree, I spent a lot of time at the start of 2021 learning about everything from tokenomics to day trading and realised that I simply don't have the brain to really make bank with crypto investing. The real winners are the ones who have immersed themselves in the environment, and find the technology easy to understand, as it's a constantly changing environment and you need to be working dynamically with those changes to profit.
V8Granite

Post by V8Granite »

I think you guys are looking at this completely wrong.

Day trading, rug pulls and gas fees are all for people wanting to grab a sneaky $100 a day.

I’ve said it loads but again….

Pick a coin with a use case, research as much as possible about those involved, see if this is a part time thing or a business for them and invest what you can afford to lose.

If you do it that way, it’s no different than investing in any other start-up company.

Dave!
Jobbo
Currently Driving: S6 Avant, Jimny, Macan, Mini

Post by Jobbo »

NGRhodes wrote: Mon Jan 10, 2022 12:00 am Made me realise the big issue at the moment is how poorly regulated and risky it is trading with any crypto exchange
Isn't the lack of regulation the whole point? Regulate crypto and you destroy its USP over any other investment.
Sundayjumper
Currently Driving: Peugeot 406

Post by Sundayjumper »

Jobbo wrote: Mon Jan 10, 2022 12:32 pm
NGRhodes wrote: Mon Jan 10, 2022 12:00 am Made me realise the big issue at the moment is how poorly regulated and risky it is trading with any crypto exchange
Isn't the lack of regulation the whole point? Regulate crypto and you destroy its USP over any other investment.
It's somewhat of a catch-22 isn't it ? For it to have any legitimate uses it will require some level of regulation. And it all falls apart.

For now it's pure speculation. If you can make money off it, great.
ZedLeg

Post by ZedLeg »

I think the only people making real money out of it are people who've been mining for a while and the people running the scams.

I don't think you can make money trading it, outside of Bitcoin and etherium they're basically penny stocks aren't they?
An absolute unit
NGRhodes

Post by NGRhodes »

Jobbo wrote: Mon Jan 10, 2022 12:32 pm
Depends if you are using crypto as a trading platform or as a currency to actually use.
Gavster

Post by Gavster »

I'm having another go at trading :D

I spent a few months last year learning and trying it out with the usual lucky wins followed by big losses which wiped it all out, and sometimes more. I've been studying price action trading with courses on SkillShare and they're way better than a lot of YouTube content, which is usually just trying to sell you a course or indicators. Also started a paper account on trading view to practice with zero risk :)
Broccers

Post by Broccers »

Gavster wrote: Tue Jan 11, 2022 12:29 pm I'm having another go at trading :D

I spent a few months last year learning and trying it out with the usual lucky wins followed by big losses which wiped it all out, and sometimes more. I've been studying price action trading with courses on SkillShare and they're way better than a lot of YouTube content, which is usually just trying to sell you a course or indicators. Also started a paper account on trading view to practice with zero risk :)
Good luck. I have retired from trading everything badly :lol: Look at funds and drip your money in for an easier life ;)
Gavster

Post by Gavster »

Hey don't burst my bubble :lol: this time next year, Rodders ;)
V8Granite

Post by V8Granite »

Gavster wrote: Tue Jan 11, 2022 6:35 pm Hey don't burst my bubble :lol: this time next year, Rodders ;)
I’ll meet you at the Lamborghini showroom 😎

Dave!
Gavster

Post by Gavster »

Too right 👊 #lambros

Mito Man

Post by Mito Man »

Foodstamps or Ferraris ;)