6pm kerfew for men

ZedLeg

Re: 6pm kerfew for men

Post by ZedLeg »

mik wrote: Fri Mar 12, 2021 1:28 pm Moving with assistance from Pete?
Nah we ended up binning most of our furniture and buying new stuff so we didn’t need a full service. Just hired a van, will probably regret that when I have to carry our tv unit up the stairs at the other end :lol:
An absolute unit
Jobbo
Currently Driving: S6 Avant, Jimny, Macan, Mini

Post by Jobbo »

Swervin_Mervin wrote: Fri Mar 12, 2021 1:28 pm Don't do it! :lol:

Totally pointless debate to have, given it ultimately relates to something said for effect.
And to something posted by Broccers for a reaction :lol:
Broccers

Post by Broccers »

Jobbo wrote: Fri Mar 12, 2021 1:48 pm
Swervin_Mervin wrote: Fri Mar 12, 2021 1:28 pm Don't do it! :lol:

Totally pointless debate to have, given it ultimately relates to something said for effect.
And to something posted by Broccers for a reaction :lol:
You got my measure @Jobbo. I still would like to be brought upto speed on @miks point.
ZedLeg

Post by ZedLeg »

Impossible to say as the whole thing is an unenforceable thought experiment :lol:
An absolute unit
GG.

Post by GG. »

I'd say Mik's is a relevant point. If you were (hypothetically) of the position that all men are dangerous predators but it's not dangerous to put transgender males in women's prisons or share toilets with women, then it does seem like there are significant flaws with your overall reasoning process.

The sad thing is that no amount of railing against toxic masculinity or educating boys to be respectful of women (which all right thinking people will do as a matter of course anyway) will reduce the number of individuals that would abduct and murder a young woman because these people are psychotic murderers - not just some end of a spectrum encompassing wolf whistling builders.
Last edited by GG. on Fri Mar 12, 2021 2:36 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Jobbo

Post by Jobbo »

Has he been charged now? I'm fairly sure he's not been convicted.
GG.

Post by GG. »

No charge yet that I'm aware of - I've amended my post as the point is not really about him in particular.
Rich B
Currently Driving: M2 Competition

Post by Rich B »

What's the appropriate response to someone who brings this up Zed?
ZedLeg

Post by ZedLeg »

Honestly? My personal opinion is that trying to enforce any rule based on a gender binary is hopelessly flawed.

Even outside of the questions around trans people, non binary people and more androgynous looking women would be singled out as well. We’ve seen evidence of this as these people have been harassed and attacked thanks to all the terf hysteria recently.

The whole idea is stupid, but I’d guess it was never meant to be taken seriously. I don’t know because I’ve not really looked into it.

I assume that it’s one of those things the reactionary press have seized and blown out of proportion like the Manchester uni stuff that’s been in the press this week.
An absolute unit
Broccers

Post by Broccers »

Good of you to answer. One of my best mates had a gender swap but I reckon being over 6 foot would give them a decent chance against any foe.
V8Granite

Post by V8Granite »

Broccers wrote: Fri Mar 12, 2021 3:33 pm Good of you to answer. One of my best mates had a gender swap but I reckon being over 6 foot would give them a decent chance against any foe.
Plus the snooker balls in his handbag.

Dave!
Broccers

Post by Broccers »

V8Granite wrote: Fri Mar 12, 2021 3:55 pm
Broccers wrote: Fri Mar 12, 2021 3:33 pm Good of you to answer. One of my best mates had a gender swap but I reckon being over 6 foot would give them a decent chance against any foe.
Plus the snooker balls in his handbag.

Dave!
She's a her now. We don't speak often, I'm not very understanding of people who have children and change.
duncs500

Post by duncs500 »

I'm not sure about all the goings on at Clapham Common last night, or all the lazy condemnation by the politicians. There was a shit load of people there, and they were breaking the law at the end of the day. Sometimes I wonder if these things would have even occurred in the same numbers if we weren't in lockdown.

I'm sure someone will be along to tell my why I'm wrong soon. :)
Jobbo

Post by Jobbo »

Being out for a vigil was not breaking the law. The police know this; there was a court hearing beforehand. Link below to the only first hand report of the hearing that I’ve seen.

Still, if all the male coppers had been at home under the curfew then it wouldn’t have happened. Bonkers that the Met, through their actions, have given some logic to the throwaway curfew proposal 😂

duncs500

Post by duncs500 »

Jobbo wrote: Sun Mar 14, 2021 7:49 am Being out for a vigil was not breaking the law. The police know this; there was a court hearing beforehand. Link below to the only first hand report of the hearing that I’ve seen.
The doc in your link suggests you can have a vigil of six people doesn't it?

I don't know, I just don't think there is any need to gather like that. Maybe I'm wrong.
speedingfine

Post by speedingfine »

Met statement: https://news.met.police.uk/news/stateme ... mon-423210

Quite why they thought it would be a good idea to even attempt to disperse them I have no idea. Thick as mince to say they were 'saving people from the covidz'. The optics were always going to be terrible.
ZedLeg

Post by ZedLeg »

Yeah, a picture of 5 cops pinning a woman to the ground two days after another one was charged with kidnap and murder was never going to be a good look.

Even Priti Patel has criticised them.
An absolute unit
mik

Post by mik »

I have only seen a couple of images and no footage, but I am confused . We now call mass meetings a vigil and all is good?

Vigil with a short ceremonial break for vows and stuff. All good.

Vigil where a few bands come on to entertain the vigilers. All good.

Plane-based vigil to the Maldives? All good.
ZedLeg

Post by ZedLeg »

I don’t think the legality of the vigil is in question considering the people who originally organised it decided not to run it and have a fundraising effort instead.

However the police response was wholly inappropriate, going in mob handed only escalated the situation and the pr afterwards has been a disaster.
An absolute unit
mik

Post by mik »

I haven’t seen any of the pics so I can’t really comment on that.

It does however sound very like comments I read about the mass meeting by Rangers fans last week after they won some cup apparently. The Police knew it would happen and should have taken measures to prevent it so it’s their fault. Far too many unnecessary arrests made etc etc.