Megan & Hazza

Broccers

Re: Megan & Hazza

Post by Broccers »

ZedLeg wrote: Mon Mar 08, 2021 6:26 pm I don’t know anything about her. I do know that she was and still is subject to a smear campaign from certain sectors of the press based on nothing but speculation and rumours.

Appalling conduct from the usual suspects.
She's out of touch. That's you lad or whatever you are today.
Rich B
Currently Driving: M2 Competition

Post by Rich B »

dinny_g wrote: Mon Mar 08, 2021 5:22 pm I'll hold my hands up - I'm mildly curious and will probably tune in this evening. :oops: :lol:
I guess that confirms how little I'm interested, I don't know what is happening this evening!
duncs500

Post by duncs500 »

Rich B wrote: Mon Mar 08, 2021 6:52 pm
dinny_g wrote: Mon Mar 08, 2021 5:22 pm I'll hold my hands up - I'm mildly curious and will probably tune in this evening. :oops: :lol:
I guess that confirms how little I'm interested, I don't know what is happening this evening!
They're airing the Oprah interview on ITV. I only know because I look at the BBC news site and it's been plastered all over it for days on end. I certainly won't be watching!
duncs500

Post by duncs500 »

I didn't see any specific hate campaigns towards her, but then I don't read the tabloids so I wouldn't know. The whole thing smacks of her either not appreciating what was in store for her, or thinking she'd be able to change it once she was in.

I don't really care if she didn't appreciate what she was getting into, or changing her mind about it later, that's ok. By all means quit and a move back to the US. I just think doing the interview at all is in poor taste and really unnecessary, and aside from that she's been making other remarks in the media. It's a bit hypocritical to moan about the media and the feed them as well.

If you want a nice family life out of the spotlight, go and be out of the spotlight. Don't use the media and then complain when they don't do everything the way you want it.
Mito Man

Post by Mito Man »

I remember the tabloids hating her and maybe this is the comparison mentioned earlier in this thread.
https://www.google.co.uk/amp/s/www.buz ... ards-royal

Then again the tabloids are generally read by a certain type of person so they specifically aim their crap to appeal to them.
How about not having a sig at all?
ZedLeg

Post by ZedLeg »

duncs500 wrote: Mon Mar 08, 2021 7:05 pm
If you want a nice family life out of the spotlight, go and be out of the spotlight. Don't use the media and then complain when they don't do everything the way you want it.
They're marketing the most valuable asset they have, themselves.

It shouldn't be out of the question for public figures to have a private life without the press trying to invade every aspect of it, or just make stuff up when they can't find anything.
An absolute unit
dinny_g

Post by dinny_g »

Cheers Mito - interesting reading...
JLv3.0 wrote: Thu Jun 21, 2018 4:26 pm I say this rarely Dave, but listen to Dinny because he's right.
Rich B wrote: Thu Jun 02, 2022 1:57 pm but Dinny was right…
ZedLeg

Post by ZedLeg »

Broccers wrote: Mon Mar 08, 2021 6:50 pm
ZedLeg wrote: Mon Mar 08, 2021 6:26 pm I don’t know anything about her. I do know that she was and still is subject to a smear campaign from certain sectors of the press based on nothing but speculation and rumours.

Appalling conduct from the usual suspects.
She's out of touch. That's you lad or whatever you are today.
She's out of touch? Compared to the users of this forum and the royal family? :lol:
An absolute unit
duncs500

Post by duncs500 »

ZedLeg wrote: Mon Mar 08, 2021 7:21 pm
duncs500 wrote: Mon Mar 08, 2021 7:05 pm
They're marketing the most valuable asset they have, themselves.

It shouldn't be out of the question for public figures to have a private life without the press trying to invade every aspect of it, or just make stuff up when they can't find anything.
I'm not sure it's very good marketing! :lol:

I agree it shouldn't, but then don't do moaning interviews in the media. You can't have it both ways, if you've decided to air your dirty laundry in the media you're fair game as far as I'm concerned.

She's meant to be an actress, shouldn't that be a valuable asset? There's a million and one ways for him to make money too. They both have options to make money out of the spotlight that most of us could only dream about.
dinny_g

Post by dinny_g »

Isn’t this going to spark the sort of Media frenzy in the US they’re so concerned about. Paps on motorbikes following them everywhere???

Good luck with that love. At least as a Royal over here, there were, albeit a few, rules
JLv3.0 wrote: Thu Jun 21, 2018 4:26 pm I say this rarely Dave, but listen to Dinny because he's right.
Mito Man

Post by Mito Man »

Well looks like this is the only thing on TV and the news for the next week so might as well watch it.
I just want episode 2 already when the juicy name dropping begins.
How about not having a sig at all?
V8Granite

Post by V8Granite »

I’m a royal family fan.

I was the Lord Lieutenants cadet for 18 months, I even have my number 2s still in the loft. It was when Lord Lieutenant James Crowden was doing his bit.

Now this was someone who was born into money, had every opportunity to sit on his money and do nothing but worked hard till he died in 2016. I did about 20 engagements where I was there to represent Cambs ACF. He still did similar during the week with charity work, representing the queen and essentially being a servant to the crown. He worked harder in his later years than many others do by a long stretch. He personally paid for a lot of cadets to attend annual camps who otherwise wouldn’t have gone, paid for us to do extra activities etc. He did a lot of work for Wisbech especially which definitely needed the help :lol:

When I met the queen mum (mic drop) at Buckingham Palace it was essentially a mass charity drive with loads of charities being thanked and contributed to. They carry a lot of weight (whether you like how they got their wealth or not) and I believe are a huge benefit to charitable organisations all over. They just don’t shout as loudly as others I think.

The Duke and Dutchess of Gloucester I also met and they also worked hard from what I could see. Again they could easily have just sat on the money and did nothing.

I see Megan like when my mate met a girl and very quickly sold his boat, it all seems a bit pussy whipped and woe is me. Which anyone with the advantages they have should simply shut up about. Sadly the U.K. press bloody love anything royal and this will be with us for weeks yet 😂

Keeping away from the news in general is the best way.

Dave!
GG.

Post by GG. »

So the claim they were married three days before the official wedding has already unravelled as a lie when it was pointed out it couldn't have been legal. The truth has now been revealed that it was a 'private exchanging of vows' - so some silly fluff they asked for presumably because they couldn't say what they wanted to on the day.

I'd take everything that comes out of their mouths with a gigantic pinch of salt - if the wedding story was twisted to create impact then it is safer to assume that's the case for everything they've said. If they could drift off nicely into obscurity now I think that'd do everyone concerned a favour.
Zonda_

Post by Zonda_ »

dinny_g

Post by dinny_g »

Woozers - no punches pulled. :shock:

Plenty of ‘we’ll leave you come up with your own conclusions but 2+2 could be 4 😉” moments but plenty of out and out statements. That was way “worse” than the Diana interview.

But without doubt, Harry did NOT come out of that well at all...
Broccers

Post by Broccers »

V8Granite wrote: Mon Mar 08, 2021 7:55 pm
I see Megan like when my mate met a girl and very quickly sold his boat, it all seems a bit pussy whipped and woe is me. Which anyone with the advantages they have should simply shut up about. Sadly the U.K. press bloody love anything royal and this will be with us for weeks yet 😂

Keeping away from the news in general is the best way.

Dave!
I love Dave! Such a lovely bloke. Megan is not a lovely person else she would be a Kate. We were shopping in a Wales Waitrose and Kate was parked next to me, she's very tall.
Broccers

Post by Broccers »

Next scoop. Haz does a DNA live on tv to see who is his dad.
Foz

Post by Foz »

Nathan

Post by Nathan »

Why are certain people getting so wound up over this?
mik

Post by mik »

Who are “certain people”?