Megan & Hazza

Swervin_Mervin

Re: Megan & Hazza

Post by Swervin_Mervin »

Nathan wrote: Tue Mar 09, 2021 11:50 am Why are certain people getting so wound up over this?
People get wound up over all sorts of unimportant shit every day. :lol:
ZedLeg

Post by ZedLeg »

Swervin_Mervin wrote: Tue Mar 09, 2021 12:01 pm
Nathan wrote: Tue Mar 09, 2021 11:50 am Why are certain people getting so wound up over this?
People get wound up over all sorts of unimportant shit every day. :lol:
Or at least pretend to for attention, like Piers Morgan :lol:
An absolute unit
Nathan

Post by Nathan »

mik wrote: Tue Mar 09, 2021 11:51 am Who are “certain people”?
Seems to be Brexit people
Real-life Females
V8Granite

Post by V8Granite »

It’s not Covid related so it’s a change of pace for Daily Mail folk.

Dave!
Jimmy Choo

Post by Jimmy Choo »

mik wrote: Tue Mar 09, 2021 11:51 am Who are “certain people”?
Cunts.
Banal Vapid Platitudes
Gavin
Currently Driving: Skoda Superb, R56 Cooper S

Post by Gavin »

Scots not being fussed for the monarchy is about as surprising as the people who seem to be channeling the Torygraph in their critiques of Harry & Meghan. :lol:

There is a massive difference between not wanting to be literally chased every time they are out, with smears and lies written constantly, and doing an interview on their own terms?

I am for abolishing the monarchy as it is a ridiculous anachronism.

The idea that Meghan should have known what she was getting into so should put up with a life that was damaging her mental health is callous and also utter BS.

The fact that idiots are saying she cannot have mental health issues due to being rich are scary and likely to damage the huge progress that has been made in destigmatising mental health issues as well, as if only poor people can be depressed.
duncs500

Post by duncs500 »

Gavin wrote: Tue Mar 09, 2021 3:13 pm There is a massive difference between not wanting to be literally chased every time they are out, with smears and lies written constantly, and doing an interview on their own terms?
Back in the real world, doing things to get media attention, gets media attention. Shock.

The best thing they could have done if they wanted to get on with their lives is do just that away from the spotlight. Once stories that stop selling papers dry up the hounding will soon disappear. All this has done is fuelled the flames, and for what? To set the record straight? It's utterly pointless and foolish if they genuinely want to be left alone.
Gavin
Currently Driving: Skoda Superb, R56 Cooper S

Post by Gavin »

duncs500 wrote: Tue Mar 09, 2021 5:00 pm
Gavin wrote: Tue Mar 09, 2021 3:13 pm There is a massive difference between not wanting to be literally chased every time they are out, with smears and lies written constantly, and doing an interview on their own terms?
Back in the real world, doing things to get media attention, gets media attention. Shock.

The best thing they could have done if they wanted to get on with their lives is do just that away from the spotlight. Once stories that stop selling papers dry up the hounding will soon disappear. All this has done is fuelled the flames, and for what? To set the record straight? It's utterly pointless and foolish if they genuinely want to be left alone.
You just sound like the Fail. They have informed the world just how shite the Monarchy and "the Palace" is. Perhaps having had their say they will fade away like Fergie has.

You think having the media attacking them from the get go was fair? Do you think Megan and Kate got equal treatment?

It shouldn't be a story but too many idiots buy "celeb" mags and so paparazzi hound people and it is demonstrably not at media events.

Just read the links from the previous page, where avocados and baby bumps were covered by the Fail. The difference between how virtually identical situations were covered is stark.
GG.

Post by GG. »

I think you're viewing this through the lens of an abolitionist with an axe to grind.

I've no illusions about how stifling and potentially unsupportive being in the royal family would be but I think the simple reality is that Meghan came from a celebrity background and seems clearly to have gone into it with the view that the rules wouldn't apply to her or at the very least deliberately closed her eyes to the reality she either did or should have known about.

You can't get away with saying you hate the institution but also complain about your son not being made an exception to the rule about how gets the title of prince (see above re 'the rules shouldn't apply to me'). You can't annoy all the family and simultaneously think its unfair when the conditions for your leaving behind the responsibilities is you no longer get the upsides/financial support when you still have a multimillion pound trust fund via Harry.

It all very much comes across as crocodile tears of a prima donna who didn't get her own way. It doesn't legitimise the pathetic headlines about avocados or mean she has to suffer mental health issues without help but I'm not sure that's relevant to the critique you could make of them that they're acting like spoilt brats and seem to have no compunction in presenting facts in such a way to deliberately mislead (see the wedding story).

The problem is from the outset this was clearly likely to happen as the life of 'sleb she left behind was always going to be better for her than the one she married into.
ZedLeg

Post by ZedLeg »

This place turns into mumsnet at the slightest provocation :lol:
An absolute unit
dinny_g

Post by dinny_g »

Well Piers Morgan has quit over all this

So, you know, every cloud...
JLv3.0 wrote: Thu Jun 21, 2018 4:26 pm I say this rarely Dave, but listen to Dinny because he's right.
Rich B wrote: Thu Jun 02, 2022 1:57 pm but Dinny was right…
ZedLeg

Post by ZedLeg »

I expect an announcement that he’s fronting the GB News breakfast show with Katie Hopkins any day now :lol:
An absolute unit
dinny_g

Post by dinny_g »

Fox News UK... :lol:

Special correspondent - Nigel Ferrage

And here’s Broccers with the weather!!! :lol:
JLv3.0 wrote: Thu Jun 21, 2018 4:26 pm I say this rarely Dave, but listen to Dinny because he's right.
mr_jon

Post by mr_jon »

dinny_g wrote: Tue Mar 09, 2021 6:38 pm Well Piers Morgan has quit over all this

Is he wrong, though? We will see.

I didn't know she was mixed-race until she pointed it out in the early days, I guess most people didn't. A bit like the LH 'is it because I is black' card? You only get to play it once.
Jobbo
Currently Driving: S6 Avant, Jimny, Macan, Mini

Post by Jobbo »

ZedLeg wrote: Tue Mar 09, 2021 6:40 pm I expect an announcement that he’s fronting the GB News breakfast show with Katie Hopkins any day now :lol:
My first thought too.
On before Laurence Fox.
Zonda_

Post by Zonda_ »

mr_jon wrote: Tue Mar 09, 2021 7:09 pm
dinny_g wrote: Tue Mar 09, 2021 6:38 pm Well Piers Morgan has quit over all this

Is he wrong, though? We will see.
In every sentence he’s ever uttered.
duncs500

Post by duncs500 »

Gavin wrote: Tue Mar 09, 2021 5:10 pm
duncs500 wrote: Tue Mar 09, 2021 5:00 pm

You just sound like the Fail. They have informed the world just how shite the Monarchy and "the Palace" is. Perhaps having had their say they will fade away like Fergie has.

You think having the media attacking them from the get go was fair? Do you think Megan and Kate got equal treatment?

It shouldn't be a story but too many idiots buy "celeb" mags and so paparazzi hound people and it is demonstrably not at media events.

Just read the links from the previous page, where avocados and baby bumps were covered by the Fail. The difference between how virtually identical situations were covered is stark.
Well clearly you're just going to ignore everything I've said and go off on a tangent. :lol: That's one way to argue your point.

Unrelated to anything I've said, but: "They have informed the world just how shite the Monarchy and "the Palace" is", it's interesting that you've swallowed it all whole without casting a critical eye over any of it, because let's face it, how would you or any of us know either way? Ah, but it suits your agenda, so that's fine.
dinny_g

Post by dinny_g »

duncs500 wrote: Tue Mar 09, 2021 7:51 pm
it's interesting that you've swallowed it all whole without casting a critical eye over any of it
But ‘no-one should “pick apart claims of racism”’ ;)
ZedLeg

Post by ZedLeg »

It’s not like the royals have got a history of covering for racists and paedos.
An absolute unit
Coaster1

Post by Coaster1 »