Broccers

Megan & Hazza

Post by Broccers »

Does anyone actually care?
Rich B
Currently Driving: M2 Competition

Re: Megan & Hazza

Post by Rich B »

Nope, I just see a guy about my age who lost his mum when he was young (basically because of press intrusion) and doesn't want his wife to go through the same thing.

I guess the process of getting out has made things worse, but I don't really get why - there's plenty of other royals yo do the royal stuff.

It takes the heat of his paedo uncle anyway.
mik

Post by mik »

Things that interest me about the Royal Family are listed immediately below:
Mito Man

Post by Mito Man »

So who do we think is the royal racist?
How about not having a sig at all?
Broccers

Post by Broccers »

I reckon that was a valid question if you werent a woke agenda seeker. Hmm I wonder if your baby will look like Hazzas dad or one of Megs parents? Read into that what you will.
ZedLeg

Post by ZedLeg »

Well someone cared enough to start a thread on it.

They're institutionally racist.
An absolute unit
Broccers

Post by Broccers »

Scots not liking the Royals is unexpected in this thread.
ZedLeg

Post by ZedLeg »

Does anyone apart from flag shaggers really like the royal family? They're just something that's there.
An absolute unit
Mito Man

Post by Mito Man »

Tourists love them :lol:
How about not having a sig at all?
McSwede

Post by McSwede »

Broccers wrote: Mon Mar 08, 2021 3:48 pm Does anyone actually care?
I wish they'd just fuck off and stop polluting my news feed. I literally couldn't care any less (apart from posting on a forum).
Broccers

Post by Broccers »

It's a wake up call when everything is FREE to realising the amount of money you doing charidee actually costs in the first place. What a silly lad.
dinny_g

Post by dinny_g »

I'll hold my hands up - I'm mildly curious and will probably tune in this evening. :oops: :lol:

From scanning the masses of reports polluting my news feeds, if they are to be believed -

- Harry has some serious questions to answer because it would appear he allowed the love of his life to marry into the Royal family and didn't tell her a single thing about the rules, the regulations, the life of obligation and conformity that this would entail. Silly boy. Grounds for Divorce IMO.

or

- He was completely honest about what was in store but she just thought "Well, that won't apply to me, I'll do whatever I want" and felt she could disregard the hundreds of years of tradition - Silly girl

Overall though, it's a master stroke of PR because in reality, they can say what they want - particularly the race aspect - because the greater the efforts of anyone to disprove it, the more it will back up their point. But the only winner is Oprah

My biggest surprise is that it WASN'T Prince Philip. :o
JLv3.0 wrote: Thu Jun 21, 2018 4:26 pm I say this rarely Dave, but listen to Dinny because he's right.
Rich B wrote: Thu Jun 02, 2022 1:57 pm but Dinny was right…
duncs500

Post by duncs500 »

:lol: Yeah, I'm sure if that hadn't been clarified everyone would have assumed it was Philip! I certainly did.
Last edited by duncs500 on Mon Mar 08, 2021 5:51 pm, edited 2 times in total.
duncs500

Post by duncs500 »

I think it's all a bit tragic to air your grievances with Oprah, and a lot of what they're saying reflects badly on them IMO.

Like "can you believe they cut us off?", being a royal has a lot of benefits of course but it is essentially a job, a bit like working for the family business. You can't just quit the job and then be surprised when you no longer get paid.

My view of the Royal family is that they add a little something to the country, they bring in tourists and keep a bit of our heritage in the present somehow. I feel that there is a lot of hatred through jealousy with them because it's all inherited, but people forget a large percentage of the wealthy in this country acquired their wealth this way.
duncs500

Post by duncs500 »

Broccers wrote: Mon Mar 08, 2021 4:11 pm Scots not liking the Royals is unexpected in this thread.
:lol:
dinny_g

Post by dinny_g »

duncs500 wrote: Mon Mar 08, 2021 5:46 pm Like "can you believe they cut us off?", being a royal has a lot of benefits of course but it is essentially a job, a bit like working for the family business. You can't just quit the job and then be surprised when you no longer get paid
This...

Also, I don’t recall much if any Anti Megan stuff in the press before the announcement they were leaving??
JLv3.0 wrote: Thu Jun 21, 2018 4:26 pm I say this rarely Dave, but listen to Dinny because he's right.
ZedLeg

Post by ZedLeg »

The Mail, Express, Sun hate press love to talk shit about her.

People have did comparisons of the press she got compared to Kate Middleton and it was hugely negative. Even when they were still working royals.
An absolute unit
Broccers

Post by Broccers »

ZedLeg wrote: Mon Mar 08, 2021 6:21 pm The Mail, Express, Sun hate press love to talk shit about her.

People have did comparisons of the press she got compared to Kate Middleton and it was hugely negative. Even when they were still working royals.
You think she is a victim and a nice person. :lol:
ZedLeg

Post by ZedLeg »

I don’t know anything about her. I do know that she was and still is subject to a smear campaign from certain sectors of the press based on nothing but speculation and rumours.

Appalling conduct from the usual suspects.
An absolute unit
dinny_g

Post by dinny_g »

ZedLeg wrote: Mon Mar 08, 2021 6:21 pm The Mail, Express, Sun hate press love to talk shit about her.
Not doubting you...at all... but any links??

I read a range of papers from far right to far left and have the Mail app. I genuinely do not recall much in the way if negativity.

Can you recall the sorts of stuff she was criticised for??