Megan & Hazza

dinny_g

Re: Megan & Hazza

Post by dinny_g »

JLv3.0 wrote: Thu Jun 21, 2018 4:26 pm I say this rarely Dave, but listen to Dinny because he's right.
Rich B wrote: Thu Jun 02, 2022 1:57 pm but Dinny was right…
duncs500

Post by duncs500 »

dinny_g wrote: Tue Mar 09, 2021 8:09 pm
duncs500 wrote: Tue Mar 09, 2021 7:51 pm
it's interesting that you've swallowed it all whole without casting a critical eye over any of it
But ‘no-one should “pick apart claims of racism”’ ;)
It's perfectly plausible that she did encounter racism. I just find it interesting that people can hear one person's slightly sketchy and lacking in detail account and make up their mind so completely that this account is an undeniable truth. Or at least fail to see that that is not a normal way to approach anything and that just maybe there is an existing bias that has helped to cement that opinion.

My point is primarily that it is nonsensical and indeed hypocritical to do the interview at all given what they're claiming some of their issues are with the media. I have no clue whether some of the allegations made are true or not, they may well be.
ZedLeg

Post by ZedLeg »

The media isn’t all one thing though. Surely you see the difference between going to Oprah who is well known and respected to tell their side of the story and the muck rakers making up stories based on hearsay?
An absolute unit
duncs500

Post by duncs500 »

ZedLeg wrote: Wed Mar 10, 2021 8:25 am The media isn’t all one thing though. Surely you see the difference between going to Oprah who is well known and respected to tell their side of the story and the muck rakers making up stories based on hearsay?
Of course I do, but all they've done with this interview is fuel the muck rakers! Why does anyone think that a controversial interview would do anything other than create new and exciting stories for the muck rakers?They're absolutely loving it and selling lots of content as a result.
duncs500

Post by duncs500 »

It's annoying really, we're going to get nothing but Royal based news stories for weeks, and they're going to be getting stalked like crazy by the paparazzi for longer than that hunting for the next controversy or non-story.

TBH, when they were moving to Canada I was thinking, fair play, they clearly wasn't a quiet life away from it all. The paps will soon give up on Canada and they'll get to live a relatively normal life. Now they're in the US, I don't know where, but I'm guessing California? Paps everywhere, I'm just thinking maybe they don't really want a quiet life after all.
ZedLeg

Post by ZedLeg »

Damned if they do and damned if they don't I guess.

They've been following Harry round his whole life, they're unlikely to get bored and stop now whatever they do.
An absolute unit
Jimmy Choo

Post by Jimmy Choo »

Are the Royal family a bit racist? Probably.

Are Harry and Megan twats? Probably.

Could I care less? Probably but it would take a considerable effort.
Banal Vapid Platitudes
Nathan

Post by Nathan »

They've got a Kardashian-reality TV show lined up ?
Swervin_Mervin

Post by Swervin_Mervin »

duncs500 wrote: Wed Mar 10, 2021 8:47 am
ZedLeg wrote: Wed Mar 10, 2021 8:25 am The media isn’t all one thing though. Surely you see the difference between going to Oprah who is well known and respected to tell their side of the story and the muck rakers making up stories based on hearsay?
Of course I do, but all they've done with this interview is fuel the muck rakers! Why does anyone think that a controversial interview would do anything other than create new and exciting stories for the muck rakers?They're absolutely loving it and selling lots of content as a result.
Exactly. Not helped when you sit there and tell open lies either.
duncs500

Post by duncs500 »

ZedLeg wrote: Wed Mar 10, 2021 8:57 am Damned if they do and damned if they don't I guess.

They've been following Harry round his whole life, they're unlikely to get bored and stop now whatever they do.
I'm not sure you're damned if you don't, if you don't do anything controversial for a while and you're no longer an official royal, I really don't think there's that much mileage in it for the tabloids.
ZedLeg

Post by ZedLeg »

duncs500 wrote: Wed Mar 10, 2021 11:56 am
ZedLeg wrote: Wed Mar 10, 2021 8:57 am Damned if they do and damned if they don't I guess.

I'm not sure you're damned if you don't, if you don't do anything controversial for a while and you're no longer an official royal, I really don't think there's that much mileage in it for the tabloids.
Folk like the Mail will never leave them alone, need that 24hr hate content for their website :lol:
An absolute unit
duncs500

Post by duncs500 »

ZedLeg wrote: Wed Mar 10, 2021 12:04 pm

Folk like the Mail will never leave them alone, need that 24hr hate content for their website :lol:
Well you may be right. I'm spending too much time posting on this topic when I don't really care... :D

I do think the royal family make a worthwhile contribution to the nation, but as for details about their personal lives, it's really not that interesting.
ZedLeg

Post by ZedLeg »

Yeah, I'm not fussed about anybody involved tbh. Press intrusion and the garbage tabloids are a pet hate of mines :lol:
An absolute unit
duncs500

Post by duncs500 »

ZedLeg wrote: Wed Mar 10, 2021 12:22 pm Yeah, I'm not fussed about anybody involved tbh. Press intrusion and the garbage tabloids are a pet hate of mines :lol:
Rightly so, and some of the stories in the comparison that someone posted up earlier are ludicrous (on both sides really), but I equally blame the people who read that shit! :lol:
Swervin_Mervin

Post by Swervin_Mervin »

ZedLeg wrote: Wed Mar 10, 2021 12:04 pm

Anne's kids seem to do ok. Funnily enough the only time they've (Zara let's be honest) been in the press has been when they were younger and getting into scrapes, or certain key evens (sporting, marriage, having kids etc).
Broccers

Post by Broccers »

dinny_g wrote: Tue Mar 09, 2021 7:08 pm
And here’s Broccers with the weather!!! :lol:
The way things are going my lovely flowing locks would make me suitable.
nuttinnew

Post by nuttinnew »

Broccers

Post by Broccers »

nuttinnew wrote: Tue Nov 01, 2022 4:29 pm Image
:lol:

Whos going to read his BOOK :D
Gavster
Currently Driving: ya mum

Post by Gavster »

The thing with the Royals is we all know that there's no merit in being one, it's just luck. The Queen seemed to have a very honourable character and was incredibly dedicated to her work which is commendable. However, once you go a bit down the food chain, they rapidly have very little relevance. Harry and Meghan are basically turning themselves into Kardashians - famous for fame's sake.