Ladders

Ascender
Currently Driving: 2019 M2 Competition

Re: Ladders

Post by Ascender »

Lots of truth being told in this thread!

Ladders are also the one justification I have to buy a proper tool belt because juggling tools and screws and stuff while up a ladder really isn't fun and I'm sure we've all that one of those slight wobbles when you run out of hands or over-reach for something.
Cheers,

Mike.
Ascender

Post by Ascender »

mik wrote: Sun Feb 28, 2021 10:41 pmIt was at this point I remembered that radio-antenna bulb-changing video that makes you feel like vomiting. The climber had his tools on a belt/cord swinging below him.
Have you got a link to that one?
Cheers,

Mike.
mik

Post by mik »

Ascender wrote: Tue Mar 02, 2021 12:33 pm
mik wrote: Sun Feb 28, 2021 10:41 pmIt was at this point I remembered that radio-antenna bulb-changing video that makes you feel like vomiting. The climber had his tools on a belt/cord swinging below him.
Have you got a link to that one?
This isn’t the original (which was a promo vid from the company) but they seem to have taken 99% of it.

I love this vid but it does give me serious heebie jeebies - mainly at all the transition points (where he moves from one section to another).

Ascender

Post by Ascender »

Fuck that.

But thanks for posting it :D
Cheers,

Mike.
mik

Post by mik »

You asked for it so the rule is you HAVE to now watch it. Even if you feel sick. :lol:

Every time you think he’s reached the top cos he is approaching the end of a section....; there is another section.
Mito Man

Post by Mito Man »

I used to enjoy the youtube videos of the nutters climbing skyscrapers and cranes for fun. Seems to have been a crackdown on it or they've mostly fallen to their deaths as they don't come up as much.
How about not having a sig at all?
McSwede

Post by McSwede »

mik wrote: Tue Mar 02, 2021 1:09 pm You asked for it so the rule is you HAVE to now watch it. Even if you feel sick. :lol:

Every time you think he’s reached the top cos he is approaching the end of a section....; there is another section.
That's proper scary stuff. The palms of my hands are proper sweating!!!!
Ascender

Post by Ascender »

mik wrote: Tue Mar 02, 2021 1:09 pm You asked for it so the rule is you HAVE to now watch it. Even if you feel sick. :lol:

Yeah, that has given me the fear and like @Mito Man, I've watched some properly nuts YT stuff with free climbers and those crazy kids climbing all sorts of stuff.
Cheers,

Mike.
Explosive Newt

Post by Explosive Newt »

Can I just say how pleasing it is that Ascender is posting in a ladders thread.
Simon

Post by Simon »

:lol:
The artist formerly known as _Who_