People who...

McSwede

Re: People who...

Post by McSwede »

IIRC you go into settings and can test camera and mic.
Ascender
Currently Driving: 2019 M2 Competition

Post by Ascender »

McSwede wrote: Sun Apr 11, 2021 7:58 pm IIRC you go into settings and can test camera and mic.
No, nothing there. I can make sure the camera is working and direct audio to my AirPods but there’s no way to do a simple test of audio. Weird.

Thanks anyway, will have the iPhone standing-by just in case.
Cheers,

Mike.
mr_jon

Post by mr_jon »

Trust me/McSwede, its there. Click on your initials top-right, then settings, devices has the old Skype-style test call.

Teams is fine for me, as is Zoom (gave a kick-ass pres. last week!).

Webex used to be fine but I think has been overtaken.
tim

Post by tim »

You can start a meeting with yourself easily enough to check all this. Go to calendar and hit the meet now button.

My lot use Teams all day every day and we don’t seem to have any of the issues you bunch do!

Only time cams are routinely off is with one particular airline and that’s entirely so they can’t see us banging our heads on the desk in frustration. 😂
Ascender

Post by Ascender »

Nope, trust me, its not there! That's exactly what Google said, but there's hardly any options there at the top right. I've said it before, but I think the Teams UI is a mess and the more I use it at my current client the more I hate it - I think its Microsoft trying to be too clever/minimal for their own good.

Yes, I can start a test meeting with just me in it, but there's no confirmation of audio levels. I'm sure its all fine, but how difficult would it be to do something like this?

Cheers,

Mike.
McSwede

Post by McSwede »

Do you have the latest version as that's different to mine??

I just click on my thumbnail, settings, devices and then scroll through the appropriate settings.

I think Teams is great. Been using it since Covid and it's been so easy and trouble free.
Swervin_Mervin

Post by Swervin_Mervin »

McSwede wrote: Mon Apr 12, 2021 2:46 pm Do you have the latest version as that's different to mine??

I just click on my thumbnail, settings, devices and then scroll through the appropriate settings.

I think Teams is great. Been using it since Covid and it's been so easy and trouble free.
All of this.
Jobbo
Currently Driving: S6 Avant, Jimny, Macan, Mini

Post by Jobbo »

Ascender wrote: Sun Apr 11, 2021 10:13 pm Nope, trust me, its not there! That's exactly what Google said, but there's hardly any options there at the top right. I've said it before, but I think the Teams UI is a mess and the more I use it at my current client the more I hate it - I think its Microsoft trying to be too clever/minimal for their own good.

Yes, I can start a test meeting with just me in it, but there's no confirmation of audio levels. I'm sure its all fine, but how difficult would it be to do something like this?

Surely you have to turn off 'Automatically adjust the microphone' before the manual adjustment comes up? Though you could just rely on auto adjustment.

I tend to use an iPad for Zoom/Teams meetings, so much easier than angling the webcam on my laptop correctly.
Ascender

Post by Ascender »

In the end I just downloaded it on to my iPhone and used that camera with my AirPods. Desktop version looked ok but funnily enough nobody was keen to help me do a test meeting on a Sunday night or first thing on a Monday morning and I didn't want to make that fumbling first impression where nothing is working.

Trust me, I know I sound like that user, but no options to do anything other that confirm which devices are being used for sound, video and mic.
Cheers,

Mike.
Ascender

Post by Ascender »

Jobbo wrote: Mon Apr 12, 2021 4:02 pm
Ascender wrote: Sun Apr 11, 2021 10:13 pm Nope, trust me, its not there! That's exactly what Google said, but there's hardly any options there at the top right. I've said it before, but I think the Teams UI is a mess and the more I use it at my current client the more I hate it - I think its Microsoft trying to be too clever/minimal for their own good.

Surely you have to turn off 'Automatically adjust the microphone' before the manual adjustment comes up? Though you could just rely on auto adjustment.

I tend to use an iPad for Zoom/Teams meetings, so much easier than angling the webcam on my laptop correctly.
I've no problem with Zoom :D

That screen lets you test your mic and speakers. It plays a tone so you know your speakers work and lets you talk, then plays it back so you know your mic works. Job done.
Cheers,

Mike.