Privacy Policy Update Emails

duncs500

Privacy Policy Update Emails

Post by duncs500 »

Yes, yes we get it now. Just goes to show how many companies you forgot you ever used still have your details though. :?
Carlos

Re: Privacy Policy Update Emails

Post by Carlos »

Don't hate the player Duncs, hate the game .

It's a time consuming and expensive burden on companies , most of which already store and use personal information responsibly.

I blame the Facebook 😀
duncs500

Post by duncs500 »

:lol: Forgot I got one from you Carlos!
Broccers

Post by Broccers »

Ive not bothered with this blatant waste of time. However most of the world has and many suppliers are doing the right thing except....

Why would you trust an office junior to send an email out to ALL your clients with them not in the BCC? If that was my company I would give the task to someone with a slight clue about how important it is not so reveal all your clients to trade and direct businesses.

DUH
NotoriousREV

Post by NotoriousREV »

As I said in the training sessions I ran for work: If you work in Marketing, GDPR is entirely your fault.

We've sent 3 million emails to tell people about our new privacy policy.
Middle-aged Dirtbag
Broccers

Post by Broccers »

Surely the issue is caused by companies who dont give a fvck and therefore wont do this anyway?
NotoriousREV

Post by NotoriousREV »

Broccers wrote: Thu May 24, 2018 2:38 pm Surely the issue is caused by companies who dont give a fvck and therefore wont do this anyway?
Previously the max fine was £500k (which was never given out). For some companies, they would happily pay the fine and carry on. Max fine is now €20M or 4% of turnover, whichever is higher. Tends to make companies take it a bit more seriously.
Middle-aged Dirtbag
Broccers

Post by Broccers »

I'm sure but if you are a mid sized business and fall foul of this simply pre pack and carry on unless you get banned as director its far too easy :)
Mr Pish
Currently Driving: Model 3 Performance

Post by Mr Pish »

one good thing, it made unsubscribing from dennis publishing nice and easy :lol:
Join us, join the Teslarati!
NotoriousREV

Post by NotoriousREV »

Broccers wrote: Thu May 24, 2018 2:49 pm I'm sure but if you are a mid sized business and fall foul of this simply pre pack and carry on unless you get banned as director its far too easy :)
Why do you think Cambridge Analytica suddenly disappeared?
Middle-aged Dirtbag
dinny_g

Post by dinny_g »

Broccers wrote: Thu May 24, 2018 2:38 pm Surely the issue is caused by companies who dont give a fvck and therefore wont do this anyway?
shhhhh... It was the charity sector
JLv3.0 wrote: Thu Jun 21, 2018 4:26 pm I say this rarely Dave, but listen to Dinny because he's right.
Rich B wrote: Thu Jun 02, 2022 1:57 pm but Dinny was right…
Broccers

Post by Broccers »

NotoriousREV wrote: Thu May 24, 2018 4:10 pm
Broccers wrote: Thu May 24, 2018 2:49 pm I'm sure but if you are a mid sized business and fall foul of this simply pre pack and carry on unless you get banned as director its far too easy :)
Because they got hounded out of business?

Its pretty easy to have a member group company which is the only one subject to this type of thing - shut it down and carry on with the rest of the group / holdings.

Business to business I can't see being the problem anyway its the personal data which everyone is making a fuss about.
NotoriousREV

Post by NotoriousREV »

Broccers wrote: Thu May 24, 2018 4:22 pm
NotoriousREV wrote: Thu May 24, 2018 4:10 pm
Because they got hounded out of business?

Its pretty easy to have a member group company which is the only one subject to this type of thing - shut it down and carry on with the rest of the group / holdings.

Business to business I can't see being the problem anyway its the personal data which everyone is making a fuss about.
CA isn't B2B. They hold (or their parent now holds) lots of PII. Don't forget to send them your request tomorrow.
Middle-aged Dirtbag
Broccers

Post by Broccers »

I do realise this :lol: :lol: :lol:

My company doesnt hold any info to hack on individuals.
NotoriousREV

Post by NotoriousREV »

Broccers wrote: Thu May 24, 2018 4:25 pm I do realise this :lol: :lol: :lol:

My company doesnt hold any info to hack on individuals.
Contact names?
Middle-aged Dirtbag
Broccers

Post by Broccers »

A database of the information needs to be available to steal - if there is no database I can't see how you can fall foul of this if;

You dont have it
You dont have it
NotoriousREV

Post by NotoriousREV »

Broccers wrote: Thu May 24, 2018 4:29 pm A database of the information needs to be available to steal - if there is no database I can't see how you can fall foul of this if;

You dont have it
You dont have it
So you don't store contact details of customers anywhere at all, in any form? You know this doesn't just apply to electronic records, right? If you carry it o the back of an envelope in your wallet, it counts.
Middle-aged Dirtbag
dinny_g

Post by dinny_g »

Broccers accessing his client list...
JLv3.0 wrote: Thu Jun 21, 2018 4:26 pm I say this rarely Dave, but listen to Dinny because he's right.
Rich B wrote: Thu Jun 02, 2022 1:57 pm but Dinny was right…
Broccers

Post by Broccers »

Unfortunately teeny tiny businesses such as mine land into the same category as massive ones as this is a huge f up. I am sure if pressed it would be possible to fine us on something. I really should care but don't.
Simon

Post by Simon »

Had a good one from my vets just now. A few days ago a text: "We're updating our privacy policy, here is the your customer number. Please go to www.xxxx.com to read and update your preferences..."

Then just now a new text "Oops, sorry, that was the wrong customer number. Your's is actually 'abcde'. Go to www.xxx.com to read and update your preferences..." :roll: :roll: :lol:
The artist formerly known as _Who_