Vandals

Mito Man

Vandals

Post by Mito Man »

Had a call from my dad to check the CCTV recordings as someone had come and busted the shed door, broken some of the outdoor lights, scratched his truck, ripped a car cover and strew all the items in the garden across the property.
Little terrorists.
How about not having a sig at all?
Simon

Re: Vandals

Post by Simon »

I think you should just mooove on and forget about it.
The artist formerly known as _Who_
GG.

Post by GG. »

I'm sure people will chew the cud over this one for some time...

Seriously though, which cameras are you using as the quality is pretty impressive. Particularly the night shots.
Jobbo
Currently Driving: S6 Avant, Jimny, Macan, Mini

Post by Jobbo »

I'm not sure they're that good; I can't make out the culprits' faces and they appear to be black and white.
Rich B
Currently Driving: M2 Competition

Post by Rich B »

Jobbo wrote: Fri May 11, 2018 4:38 pm I'm not sure they're that good; I can't make out the culprits' faces and they appear to be black and white.
You could get all “csi” on it by friessan the frame and trying to enhance it. That could be all bull though.
GG.

Post by GG. »

You should pitch that as a new spin off... "CSI Devon".

Make sure you get a good steak in the profits though.
nuttinnew

Post by nuttinnew »

GG. wrote: Fri May 11, 2018 4:49 pm You should pitch that as a new spin off... "CSI Devon".
Sponsored by BMW.
Simon

Post by Simon »

You're all being udderly ridiculous.
Mito Man

Post by Mito Man »

GG. wrote: Fri May 11, 2018 4:23 pm I'm sure people will chew the cud over this one for some time...

Seriously though, which cameras are you using as the quality is pretty impressive. Particularly the night shots.
Not sure on what specific models as these were installed about 4 years ago now so most likely discontinued but the first two images are from big Hikvision 1080p PTZ 20x zoom cameras.

The third image is from one of those Costco Swann camera kits which I had installed temporarily until my dad installed a proper system but as all the Swann cameras were compatible with the Hik DVR we just stuck them on the spare channels. The night vision on these isn’t great but there’s so much infrared light from the other cameras that they are actually semi decent now.

Final two images are from ZXTech cameras - these are the best all round in terms of price and quality as 2 of these placed on a post back to back will cover 360 degrees, unlike the PTZ cameras which are more of a fun gimmick and pretty pointless for residential applications.
mik

Post by mik »

Did they just hoof it after making a mess? Cowardly - knowing you’d have a beef with them. :evil:

Is your dad making some sort of wine at home? Looks like he has a bovineyard?
GG.

Post by GG. »

Come on Mik - you’re just milking it now!
mik

Post by mik »

Say that again - I dairyou
GG.

Post by GG. »

Think it’s time to move on to pastures new - you’re starting to cheese me off...
Simon

Post by Simon »

This whole thing is a load of bull
Marv

Post by Marv »

Mito Man wrote: Fri May 11, 2018 4:13 pm Had a call from my dad to check the CCTV recordings as someone had come and busted the shed door, broken some of the outdoor lights, scratched his truck, ripped a car cover and strew all the items in the garden across the property.
Your dad must be vealy pissed off.

Were the police very helpful when they herd about it?
Oui, je suis un motard.
ilmostro

Post by ilmostro »

Mito Man wrote: Fri May 11, 2018 5:22 pm

The third image is from one of those Costco Swann camera kits which I had installed temporarily until my dad installed a proper system but as all the Swann cameras were compatible with the Hik DVR we just stuck them on the spare channels. The night vision on these isn’t great but there’s so much infrared light from the other cameras that they are actually semi decent now.
I have 2 of the Costco Swann cameras. They are actually rebadged Hikvision cameras.
GG.

Post by GG. »

Just bumping this thread - I'm thinking of getting my act together with a CCTV system and the 4K 8MP PoE system from Annke looks to be good value at about £500.

Anyone have any experience with Annke?
Jobbo
Currently Driving: S6 Avant, Jimny, Macan, Mini

Post by Jobbo »

I fancy seeing what wildlife visits the garden overnight; a CCTV system may also have a burglar deterrent effect. So I’m interested too.
GG.

Post by GG. »

Simon - this is the one I'm looking at, fyi

Mito Man

Post by Mito Man »

That looks very similar to the Swann one. I think they’re all manufactured by the same Chinese company and then the retail brand slap their own logo and software on.