Badly received Xmas presents

Broccers

Badly received Xmas presents

Post by Broccers »

Apparently getting your Mrs a gym bag and gym membership doesn't go down too well ๐Ÿ˜„

Your errors? ๐ŸŽ…๐ŸŽ„
RobYob

Re: Badly received Xmas presents

Post by RobYob »

:lol: you didn't!

I get her what she asks for (something shiney) along with a small surprise (scented oil relaxation thing) job done.

In return she got me the headset I wanted (ordered and picked up then handed over past month) along with beer for a surprise.

We work well together.
McSwede

Post by McSwede »

Broccers wrote: โ†‘Fri Dec 25, 2020 11:00 am Apparently getting your Mrs a gym bag and gym membership doesn't go down too well ๐Ÿ˜„

Your errors? ๐ŸŽ…๐ŸŽ„
One of my gifts for Mrs McSwede this year was a collapsible washing up bowl and another was some shower storage for all the bloody lotions and potions she has. ๐Ÿ‘
integrale_evo

Post by integrale_evo »

My mrs present is still showing as collected by Hermes on the 15th, with no further updates since, so she got some chocolates and a cranberry topped pork pie :lol:
Cheers, Harry
Carlos

Post by Carlos »

Buy me something i wouldn't buy for myself she said.

Yet she looked at me like i'd shat in a bag when she unwrapped a jar of anchovies :roll:
speedingfine

Post by speedingfine »

Carlos wrote: โ†‘Fri Dec 25, 2020 2:16 pm Buy me something i wouldn't buy for myself she said.

Yet she looked at me like i'd shat in a bag when she unwrapped a jar of anchovies :roll:
:lol:
V8Granite

Post by V8Granite »

Got mine a fancy pen after she had mentioned a nice pen once.

โ€œA pen? That I use for work?โ€

Luckily she had chosen some other bits and pieces so I donโ€™t feel guilty :lol:

Dave!
John

Post by John »

We usually just buy something ourselves to avoid unwanted presents. I bought myself a waterproof onesie for wearing on the MTB so that I can just step out of the mudfest :D
Beany

Post by Beany »

I get around this problem by just not doing Christmas :lol:

That said, this year I have bought my brother an electric countertop frying thingy (americans call it a skillet) because he told me his kitchen is tremendously under-filled - no cooker, his combo microwave broke, and he's been using a 'breville thing' which makes me think he's been living off hot sandwiches. Which, I mean, wouldn't massively shock me - neither of us are complex people.

So my plan is to head over with that tomorrow, then go to a few electronics places, and see if I can get him at least a small stovetop oven and/or an air frier, and a slow cooker - that way he'll be able to, you know, cook decent food.

He's concerned that my house is a shit tip, which it is, but I can cook food - and I think that is more important than him helping me tidy up. He disagrees, but I don't plan to give him a choice in the matter. :twisted:

And yes, we are both absolutely on the autism scale and so have weird priorities - even if he doesn't realise it :lol:
Ascender
Currently Driving: 2019 M2 Competition

Post by Ascender »

Broccers wrote: โ†‘Fri Dec 25, 2020 11:00 am Apparently getting your Mrs a gym bag and gym membership doesn't go down too well ๐Ÿ˜„

Your errors? ๐ŸŽ…๐ŸŽ„
Top work mate!

I did good this year, but was still reminded of the year I bought her a hoover.
Cheers,

Mike.
jamcg

Post by jamcg »

Your errors? ๐ŸŽ…๐ŸŽ„
Simon

Post by Simon »

I got my wife to send me the links to the things on Amazon she wanted. I clicked to buy. I even wrapped them too.

Easy.
The artist formerly known as _Who_
Broccers

Post by Broccers »

Simon wrote: โ†‘Sat Dec 26, 2020 3:07 pm I got my wife to send me the links to the things on Amazon she wanted. I clicked to buy. I even wrapped them too.

Easy.
We did this too. These were nice surprises.

Luckily she has a sense of humour.
tim

Post by tim »

Our eldest (18) gave me the ยฃ20 back I loaned her 6 months ago :lol: :lol:
Broccers

Post by Broccers »

tim wrote: โ†‘Sun Dec 27, 2020 11:12 am Our eldest (18) gave me the ยฃ20 back I loaned her 6 months ago :lol: :lol:
How generous :D
Explosive Newt

Post by Explosive Newt »

Xmas 2017 I got the Mrs a bread maker. She had gone on about how she loved the smell, taste, texture, etc of freshly baked bread so it seemed ideal.

Big mistake.

She hates it on sight for reasons she cannot articulate but are quite palpable. It sits in the corner of her kitchen for 2 years, unused, reminding me of my shame.

Fast forward to early 2020: lockdown brings a shortage of bread and everyone goes crazy about home baking. Lo and behold she is now using it 3 times a week and her house frequently has the gorgeous smell of freshly baked bread.

I now use this as an example of โ€œsituations in which I am right but she doesnโ€™t yet know it.โ€
Simon

Post by Simon »

We got Mum one years ago. The leaflet said to basically throw away the first loaf as it will taste and smell of the grease from the mechanism.
The artist formerly known as _Who_