Redundancy

DeskJockey

Re: Redundancy

Post by DeskJockey »

Congrats. Was just thinking the other day I should ask how you're getting on. Then didn't get around to looking on discord.
---
Driving a Galaxy far far away
Sundayjumper
Currently Driving: Peugeot 406

Post by Sundayjumper »

Are you back to Lotus ? Or somewhere good this time ?

Congrats either way 8-)
RobYob

Post by RobYob »

Thanks guys,

I do hope to one day bore the shit out of some young people about how I waded through neck deep snow to deliver supplies during the pandemic. :lol:

Not a remotely Evo company sadly but a cashed up Asian EV startup. All remote work for the rest of 2021. I sharn't be going outside for a few months. 8-)
tim

Post by tim »

Nice one Rob!
240PP
Currently Driving: A5 3.0 TDI, 987 S.

Post by 240PP »

Good news 8-) Sounds like the postie work was an interesting deviation!
RobYob

Post by RobYob »

Certainly was, slimming too, 14kg down from when I started three months ago :D
Haven't quite made it down to double figures but close enough to try and get there if I can resist the urge to snack.
Explosive Newt

Post by Explosive Newt »

RobYob wrote: Fri Feb 12, 2021 7:26 pm
Thanks, out of all the stop gap jobs I could've had I think I was damn lucky to be with Royal Mail.

I've had bit of a revelation about how nice most people are.
Totally. Any job that puts you in touch with the public makes you realise that - yes there are a few bad eggs - but the overwhelming majority of people are decent and kind.

And that’s a great thing to find.
jamcg

Post by jamcg »

Explosive Newt wrote: Sat Feb 13, 2021 5:52 pm
RobYob wrote: Fri Feb 12, 2021 7:26 pm
Thanks, out of all the stop gap jobs I could've had I think I was damn lucky to be with Royal Mail.

I've had bit of a revelation about how nice most people are.
Totally. Any job that puts you in touch with the public makes you realise that - yes there are a few bad eggs - but the overwhelming majority of people are decent and kind.

And that’s a great thing to find.
There is one exception to this, working in a supermarket- then the nice ones are few and far between. There aren’t many absolute cunts but people are for the largest part grumpy as fuck and seem to look down on you massively and treat you like you’re less than human- especially on the self service tills during this pandemic where people feel the need to stand so close to their shopping social distancing for the workers is around 2”