Women and dishwashers

Simon

Women and dishwashers

Post by Simon »

A well worn topic on here, but the wife admitted to me a few days ago that she deliberately does the loading of the dishwasher badly so that I won't ask her to do it as I'll have to redo it all again anyway.

I'd always suspected but now I have proof.

I did briefly consider divorce, but then I remembered how expensive that was. I'll plot my revenge in other ways.
The artist formerly known as _Who_
V8Granite

Re: Women and dishwashers

Post by V8Granite »

Dishwashers are shit.

That is all.

Dave!
mik

Post by mik »

Mrs mik is very capable of loading the dishwasher appropriately.

The miklets however are prone to randomly mix bowls and plates with an mission to fight space optimisation, and inexplicably try to get away with laying cutlery on top of the holder rather than sticking down into it. Grrr.
mik

Post by mik »

Edit: duplicate post - can’t delete
Last edited by mik on Tue Oct 27, 2020 9:09 am, edited 1 time in total.
Rich B
Currently Driving: M2 Competition

Post by Rich B »

I love the dishwasher.

It's like playing Tetris slotting everything in the right place - I'll spend 10 minutes rearranging the whole thing to fit in a single Extra bowl that would have taken 1 minute to wash by hand just for the satisfaction of getting it all in.

And like you I regularly have to rearrange the frankly ridiculous way she has loaded it.
Simon

Post by Simon »

Rich B wrote: Tue Oct 27, 2020 9:02 am It's like playing Tetris slotting everything in the right place - I'll spend 10 minutes rearranging the whole thing to fit in a single Extra bowl that would have taken 1 minute to wash by hand just for the satisfaction of getting it all in.
^^This x 20.
The artist formerly known as _Who_
DeskJockey

Post by DeskJockey »

Simon wrote: Tue Oct 27, 2020 9:23 am
Rich B wrote: Tue Oct 27, 2020 9:02 am It's like playing Tetris slotting everything in the right place - I'll spend 10 minutes rearranging the whole thing to fit in a single Extra bowl that would have taken 1 minute to wash by hand just for the satisfaction of getting it all in.
^^This x 20.
It is the principle. If I have a machine to do the job, I want to maximise the utility of it.
---
Driving a Galaxy far far away
Mito Man

Post by Mito Man »

Time to have more kids to fill up that ford Galaxy then :lol:
How about not having a sig at all?
Ascender
Currently Driving: 2019 M2 Competition

Post by Ascender »

Mrs Mike does this as she knows it winds me up. I also like the cutlery tray to be grouped by type - all the spoons, then all the knives etc, just to maximise space and makes it easy when emptying it in to the drawers as you just grab all the spoons in one go.

She also just throws the dishwasher tablet in to the thing now instead of using the small door as that also annoys me. She claims it "doesn't make any difference" anyway.
Cheers,

Mike.
DeskJockey

Post by DeskJockey »

Mito Man wrote: Tue Oct 27, 2020 11:01 am Time to have more kids to fill up that ford Galaxy then :lol:
No thanks. Seats in the boot are for guests. :D
---
Driving a Galaxy far far away
Zonda_

Post by Zonda_ »

Ascender wrote: Tue Oct 27, 2020 11:35 am Mrs Mike does this as she knows it winds me up. I also like the cutlery tray to be grouped by type - all the spoons, then all the knives etc, just to maximise space and makes it easy when emptying it in to the drawers as you just grab all the spoons in one go.

She also just throws the dishwasher tablet in to the thing now instead of using the small door as that also annoys me. She claims it "doesn't make any difference" anyway.
Ours pumps water for a good 5 minutes before you hear the door release the tablet.
Rich B
Currently Driving: M2 Competition

Post by Rich B »

Zonda_ wrote: Tue Oct 27, 2020 11:51 am
Ascender wrote: Tue Oct 27, 2020 11:35 am Mrs Mike does this as she knows it winds me up. I also like the cutlery tray to be grouped by type - all the spoons, then all the knives etc, just to maximise space and makes it easy when emptying it in to the drawers as you just grab all the spoons in one go.

Ours pumps water for a good 5 minutes before you hear the door release the tablet.
presumably it rinses/drains off the worst mess before releasing the detergent. Chucking it in early probably means it just goes with the initial dirty rinse water.
Zonda_

Post by Zonda_ »

Rich B wrote: Tue Oct 27, 2020 12:01 pm
Zonda_ wrote: Tue Oct 27, 2020 11:51 am

presumably it rinses/drains off the worst mess before releasing the detergent. Chucking it in early probably means it just goes with the initial dirty rinse water.
Something like that, I know the different coloured sections of the tablet are meant to dissolve and release the different cleaning stuff at different times in the cycle so putting it in early will throw that out too.
Ascender
Currently Driving: 2019 M2 Competition

Post by Ascender »

You're all mansplaining how dishwashers work to the wrong person :lol:
Cheers,

Mike.
Mito Man

Post by Mito Man »

You should put a GoPro in one :geek:

Actually, please don’t!
How about not having a sig at all?
mik

Post by mik »

Zonda_

Post by Zonda_ »

The noise ours makes I expected it to be more high pressure than that.
Carlos

Post by Carlos »

My wife's the same, plates layed flat and sometimes face up, cups and glasses upright occasionally with drinks still in them. It's basically a means of getting them off the worktops and out of her mind lol
Beany

Post by Beany »

Women and dishwashers
Ah, hold on....
Women are dishwashers
There you go, fixed it.
Nathan

Post by Nathan »

I would no longer be attracted to her.
Real-life Females