Women and dishwashers

Beany

Re: Women and dishwashers

Post by Beany »

I quite like it, except for those times where I end up in a mental health slump and don't do it for a month.

Then it becomes challenging :o

I mean, just add that to the veritable pile of reasons why I'm single :lol:
mik

Post by mik »

We do larger items like pots and collanders by hand. And my one good knife isn’t allowed near the dishwasher - it needs to be hand washed, dried, and returned to its home ASAP after use.
duncs500

Post by duncs500 »

mik wrote: Thu Oct 29, 2020 9:24 am We do larger items like pots and collanders by hand.
Correctness. Those big pots seem like a very inefficient use of space.
V8Granite

Post by V8Granite »

I’ve yet to use a dishwasher that can handle a stainless steel pan after I’ve cremated Bacon on it.

I hate machines that aren’t better than me at a job as a general rule so don’t have one.

Pop something on YouTube, wife relaxing in the living room, kids in bed and it also does a great job of cleaning your hands. People who can’t get things clean either don’t know water should be hot (yes they walk among us) or don’t rinse stuff before filling the sink so are washing up in a soup.

Dave!
Swervin_Mervin

Post by Swervin_Mervin »

V8Granite wrote: Thu Oct 29, 2020 5:30 pm I’ve yet to use a dishwasher that can handle a stainless steel pan after I’ve cremated Bacon on it.

Dave!
What on earth are you doing to cook your bacon?!
Jimmy Choo

Post by Jimmy Choo »

Jimmy Choo wrote: Thu Oct 29, 2020 8:22 am I hate washing up by hand. I use the dishwasher on a half load setting.
Actually, I should say that I use a cast iron 14" pan that I use regularly and obviously that never goes into the dishwasher. While it's nice and hot it's run under scalding hot water and wiped. It's clean in seconds and rather dramatic. Then it's put back on the hob until it's bone dry and reseasoned if required.
Banal Vapid Platitudes
V8Granite

Post by V8Granite »

Swervin_Mervin wrote: Thu Oct 29, 2020 7:48 pm
V8Granite wrote: Thu Oct 29, 2020 5:30 pm I’ve yet to use a dishwasher that can handle a stainless steel pan after I’ve cremated Bacon on it.

Dave!
What on earth are you doing to cook your bacon?!
I only cook streaky bacon and in all the air bnbs, cottage stays over the years none of them make it back into a sparkly pan.

Dave!
KiwiDave
Currently Driving: GT86

Post by KiwiDave »

mik wrote: Thu Oct 29, 2020 9:24 am And my one good knife isn’t allowed near the dishwasher - it needs to be hand washed, dried, and returned to its home ASAP after use.
This pleases me.

It appears reading this, my Mrs is abnormal in that she regularly loads the dishwasher herself and does a great job of it. She does tell me about it every time she's done it to remind me how good she's been in doing housework. (Because she largely doesn't and I grumble relentlessly at her being a lazy shit...)
Rich B
Currently Driving: M2 Competition

Post by Rich B »

KiwiDave wrote: Mon Nov 09, 2020 11:36 pm
mik wrote: Thu Oct 29, 2020 9:24 am And my one good knife isn’t allowed near the dishwasher - it needs to be hand washed, dried, and returned to its home ASAP after use.
This pleases me.

It appears reading this, my Mrs is abnormal in that she regularly loads the dishwasher herself and does a great job of it. She does tell me about it every time she's done it to remind me how good she's been in doing housework. (Because she largely doesn't and I grumble relentlessly at her being a lazy shit...)
i like the way that post went from smug to reality in one paragraph!
KiwiDave
Currently Driving: GT86

Post by KiwiDave »

Rich B wrote: Tue Nov 10, 2020 8:29 am ]i like the way that post went from smug to reality in one paragraph!
We all know there's zero chance of anything being entirely perfect right? ;)