'Card only' (or preferred)

Simon

'Card only' (or preferred)

Post by Simon »

Getting pretty fed up of this.

I have a fair amount of cash - from selling the boys old toys and a complete clear-out of my old hifi/TV setup a few months ago.

So I've a few hundred in my wallet. Yet no fucker wants it! It's been there for literally months so is probably the least likely to be 'infected'.
The artist formerly known as _Who_
mik

Re: 'Card only' (or preferred)

Post by mik »

Just put it in the wall safe behind that picture.

Or take it to a bank.
Mito Man

Post by Mito Man »

Just leave it for when that dodgy trades person shows up offering a 20% discount if you pay cash ;)
How about not having a sig at all?
Jobbo
Currently Driving: S6 Avant, Jimny, Macan, Mini

Post by Jobbo »

You’ll be glad you’ve got it when interest rates go negative.
Beany

Post by Beany »

Jobbo wrote: Fri Oct 16, 2020 7:42 pm You’ll be glad you’ve got it when interest rates go negative.
I don't even understand why this would be relevant, because I have no savings 8-)
Swervin_Mervin

Post by Swervin_Mervin »

Take a break in Cornwall. Plenty of places down there that are still cash only! Our local chippy up here is as well if you fancy a drive for some superb fish and chips 8-)
Carlos

Post by Carlos »

Swervin_Mervin wrote: Fri Oct 16, 2020 10:20 pm Take a break in Cornwall. Plenty of places down there that are still cash only! Our local chippy up here is as well if you fancy a drive for some superb fish and chips 8-)
It's equally a pain in the ass and clearly a tax dodging practice. Wtf they do with all the cash I don't know 🤣

We rarely have any cash and even the kids pay for school dinners with their thumb print. My wife asked a local tradesmen for bank details to settle a bill and he said she'd need to pay in cash or pay vat. He's not vat registered !
Last edited by Carlos on Mon Oct 19, 2020 5:57 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Ascender
Currently Driving: 2019 M2 Competition

Post by Ascender »

The only time I ever have cash these days is/was when I'd be in the pub and we'd be doing a kitty. Pre-covid I can't remember the last time I paid for something even using a card rather than my watch, let along cash. Since covid, even the tiniest of shops in remote locations seems to have contactless payments.

Stick it in the mattress or get with the times Grandad.

Or just go to the bank and pay it in at an automated cash machine thingy.
Cheers,

Mike.
DaveE

Post by DaveE »

Simon wrote: Fri Oct 16, 2020 6:35 pm Getting pretty fed up of this.

I have a fair amount of cash - from selling the boys old toys and a complete clear-out of my old hifi/TV setup a few months ago.

So I've a few hundred in my wallet. Yet no fucker wants it! It's been there for literally months so is probably the least likely to be 'infected'.
Worst "Loadsamoney!!" post evah

Alex_

Post by Alex_ »

Simon wrote: Fri Oct 16, 2020 6:35 pm Getting pretty fed up of this.

Use cash at petrol stations. It's not like they're not going to accept it once you've already put a tank of fuel in.
M235i