Next day delivery

ZedLeg

Re: Next day delivery

Post by ZedLeg »

Yeah, I’ve not seen as much of the chaos first hand as I work from home but my emails are full of issues with UPS and RM shipments.

We’ve decided to open a new distribution centre in Germany to try and cut down on the issues brexit has caused so far.
An absolute unit
Mito Man

Post by Mito Man »

Anyone else noticed quite a sudden increase in Prime vans since the start of the year? I had a Prime delivery a few weeks ago and the chap asked for actual ID which I thought was a bit odd but the horse dildo was rather pricey so I thought maybe it’s their policy on dearer items.
Fast forward to 10 mins ago and there’s a Prime van with a chap at the Ring doorbell. He again needed physical ID so he couldn’t just put the package (which was in a normal envelope) through the letter box.
The package was merely BMW trim fasteners for £3.79...

As I wasn’t in, he had to return with the item.
How about not having a sig at all?
V8Granite

Post by V8Granite »

Yes definitely, we only have prime cans now, no more cars.

This is good though as some of the cars used to be packed to the roof and 2 who delivered here were horrific drivers.

Dave!
Mito Man

Post by Mito Man »

I still get people delivering in their own cars - I think that’s Hermes. Bit short sighted that they’re not allowed to deliver an envelope in a letter box though.
RobYob

Post by RobYob »

Mito Man wrote: Thu Apr 22, 2021 2:59 pm I still get people delivering in their own cars - I think that’s Hermes. Bit short sighted that they’re not allowed to deliver an envelope in a letter box though.
Pretty much a case of "Computer says no" I imagine.

The RM PDAs would just grey out delivery options like "left in backyard" or "left with neighbour" depending on the seller or a special.

So you'd either have to lie about delivering as instructed or take it away again.
jamcg

Post by jamcg »

Had a delivery from dhl scheduled today, didn’t arrive in time for the wife leaving for work. Had no further notifications or any card through the door, so checked the tracking- there’s a photo of a parcel left on my doorstep at 12:10 but when I got in from work at 17:15 there was no parcel- I’ll check with my neighbours but if they don’t have it then it’s been taken. Lovely. There’s many places to stash a parcel around my house too, but they chose to leave it in the most visible place from the main road 🙄🤦‍♂️
Mito Man

Post by Mito Man »

Not so much a delivery problem, more that the “UK stock” seller is a lying cvnt
I actually ordered this Wednesday night, I’ll be amazed if it’s delivered today.