Bosses

mr_jon

Bosses

Post by mr_jon »

Anyone ever had a good one? The latest 'COO' giving me a list of things I should be doing (while already covering 3 jobs they have furloughed), 5 mins later a conversation suggesting I need to take some annual leave, as I've accrued too much while covering....

One of thousand retorts you only think of later jobs.

Sinking ship!
McSwede

Re: Bosses

Post by McSwede »

mr_jon wrote: Tue Sep 29, 2020 9:49 pm Anyone ever had a good one? The latest 'COO' giving me a list of things I should be doing (while already covering 3 jobs they have furloughed), 5 mins later a conversation suggesting I need to take some annual leave, as I've accrued too much while covering....

One of thousand retorts you only think of later jobs.

Sinking ship!
Sounds shit! Sorry to hear it.

I've been fortunate in that my last one was great and my most recent one is proving to be superb. Difficult times to be working for a Muppet.
mr_jon

Post by mr_jon »

True 'dat. Some BS later this week about how they will implement the latest job support stuff, so I will be working to rule on that. 2 days a week leaves plenty of time for home and side projects this winter. I'm not working 5 days for an extra 20% pay. If it can limp on tilll the job market improves that's fine by me.
jamcg

Post by jamcg »

Mine are pretty good to be honest but sometimes need to be told somethings wrong, and it usually gets actioned- obviously trade work is slightly different to office bosses though

Also [mention]Beany[/mention] will be along in a minute to make your boss look a saint
Beany

Post by Beany »

jamcg wrote: Tue Sep 29, 2020 10:53 pm Mine are pretty good to be honest but sometimes need to be told somethings wrong, and it usually gets actioned- obviously trade work is slightly different to office bosses though

Also @Beany will be along in a minute to make your boss look a saint
Now now, it's not a competition.
But if it were, I'd win ;)
dan

Post by dan »

Mine's a dickhead.
ZedLeg

Post by ZedLeg »

My boss is actually pretty decent. Has been as supportive a I could ask for while I've been trying to get my head together over the last year or so. Manages to balance the business concerns and actually looking after people pretty well, which is all you really need from a manager imo.
An absolute unit
duncs500

Post by duncs500 »

All my bosses are a complete shower, and I have no idea how they got to where they are... it certainly wasn't ability or man management skills. :x
GG.

Post by GG. »

dan wrote: Wed Sep 30, 2020 8:38 amMine's a dickhead.
I don't know how he can look himself in the mirror... :D
Ascender
Currently Driving: 2019 M2 Competition

Post by Ascender »

I'm working for a big bank at the moment and have a very good line manager who always has our back. But she's very much in the minority in the organisation - I can't believe the bunch of selfish, narcissistic & incompetent people in senior positions. Its amazing how long some of these people have been here too. Some of the tales from permanent staff members are just insane, but I think permies are ground down over years and just put up with it.
Cheers,

Mike.
DeskJockey

Post by DeskJockey »

Current lot is really good, previous lot was really good, shower of awfulness before that.

About to become one myself. Taking on a team of nine in November.
---
Driving a Galaxy far far away
Ascender
Currently Driving: 2019 M2 Competition

Post by Ascender »

DeskJockey wrote: Wed Sep 30, 2020 8:56 pm Current lot is really good, previous lot was really good, shower of awfulness before that.

Send them the link to the forum so they can rate you after a few weeks.
Cheers,

Mike.
DeskJockey

Post by DeskJockey »

Ascender wrote: Thu Oct 01, 2020 9:09 am
DeskJockey wrote: Wed Sep 30, 2020 8:56 pm Current lot is really good, previous lot was really good, shower of awfulness before that.

Send them the link to the forum so they can rate you after a few weeks.
Excellent idea.
---
Driving a Galaxy far far away