Carpetright

Simon

Carpetright

Post by Simon »

Those who've been following the house projects thread will know I was supposed to be having my new kitchen flooring fitted tomorrow. It was supposed have been delivered to the store last week in readiness.

Well, the cockwombles have just phoned to say 'oh we can't fit it tomorrow as it's out of stock till the end of October', a fact which they'd have known about LAST WEEK and I could've done something about at the weekend. But, no, they phone the day before when I've done a lot of prep and started emptying the kitchen in readiness.Fucking idiots.

So when they invited me to go down and choose something different which they do have in stock I reminded them that I chose this flooring as it was part of a 50% promotion. "Oh we do have other ranges on sale right now". So I reminded them again that I'd paid for a product that they haven't supplied, have been notified just a day before fitting when they knew last week, and that I would have to now take time out of my week to go down and choose something different. As such I'd be expecting the same discount off any other product that I chose and I'd be expecting a priority fitting, not the '6 weeks' lead time that we've had up to now.

I should've learnt really. Last time I ordered a bedroom carpet from them phoned on the day to say 'oh the fitter can't make it', completely ignoring the fact that that morning I'd been stripping the whole bedroom bare in readiness. I had to go and collect it and fit it myself that time.

Fucking idiots.
The artist formerly known as _Who_
ShockDiamonds

Re: Carpetright

Post by ShockDiamonds »

The irony is in their name. I hope you pointed this out.
Jobbo
Currently Driving: S6 Avant, Jimny, Macan, Mini

Post by Jobbo »

I know convention doesn’t apply in this forum, but I was expecting a different post when I clicked.

Frankly I’d be having my money back and going elsewhere at this point. I bet they aren’t fitting it tomorrow, are they?
Rich B
Currently Driving: M2 Competition

Post by Rich B »

Totally, even if it was cutting off my nose I'd be telling them to get fucked and give me my money back. I'm not very patient with companies that mess me round though.
Rich B
Currently Driving: M2 Competition

Post by Rich B »

Thinking back, I had a similar issue with the timber flooring in my house. I had a VERY narrow window to get it installed before the kitchen went in so needed everything to go to plan.

A few days before delivery was due (ordered 6 weeks prior) I called them to check all was ok, they told me there was an issue and the product I had ordered was discontinued, but there was another similar product that I could have... Now bear in mind I am talking about £4k+ of flooring and they hadn't even contacted me.

So I got them to courier a whole box of this "similar" one to me to check... it was completely different. Size, colour, even the fitting method - all totally different. I was fucking fuming.

In the end, they found me a product that was about 50% more expensive but for the same price (which was actually noticeably nicer than my original order!) and did fulfil the order in time.
Simon

Post by Simon »

Jobbo wrote: Tue Sep 29, 2020 7:34 pm I know convention doesn’t apply in this forum, but I was expecting a different post when I clicked.

Frankly I’d be having my money back and going elsewhere at this point. I bet they aren’t fitting it tomorrow, are they?
No, they're not fitting it tomorrow. I went down straight after my post as I had a free morning and Noah wasn't napping either. I saw the manager who'd already been prepped by the lowly staff member who received my ire on the phone 60 minutes before.

Naturally they didn't have anywhere near the same level of sales on, but we found some new flooring that we liked at the same price as 'our' un-discounted original choice. My wife then left the shop to avoid what might have followed, and I spoke to their manager and explained they'd be fitting this other flooring at the price we paid (so 50% off sticker) and as soon as humanly possible. As it wasn't off the roll nor a store off-cut they'd have to order it in and we've got a new date 3 weeks hence. The manager is phoning me tomorrow to confirm everything is in place.

Realistically I should've told them to stick it and got my money back (and gone to a local supplier that did the carpets for my office and nursery), but I realised that I held the upper hand if I was just polite and firm.

In the car on the way back we both admitted that we prefer the new flooring we've chosen, so that's a win at least.

They're still idiots though.

[mention]Rich B[/mention] I think I remember your flooring adventures getting documented on the forum that we never speak about?
The artist formerly known as _Who_