People are odd aren't they?

ZedLeg

Re: People are odd aren't they?

Post by ZedLeg »

Swervin_Mervin wrote: Tue Oct 06, 2020 3:22 pm
duncs500 wrote: Tue Oct 06, 2020 3:11 pm That is cuntish.

Did you get much backchat?
None at all, no. He seems fairly meek so I got a very quiet apology on Fri night from the other side of the hedge.
Ah I hate that. I used to live next door to a guy who would sit up all night shouting an screaming at his telly whie he played call of duty.

Whenever I went to his door to tell him to shut up, I'd just get a mumble through the door in return.
An absolute unit
V8Granite

Post by V8Granite »

Our house has 5 other houses backing onto our drive or garden due to the way we are situated.

A couple moved in a while back and started renovations on the place as the previous owner John had popped his clogs.

They were a bit odd in that the renovations were at odd times but we all know how jobs over run or you lose track of time so that was ok. Their direct neighbour is having a bad time of it with her other neighbour (getting chucked out as they are nasty fuckers, a problem with some of the houses being council) and she was getting upset by it all.

So the new neighbours had a party, it was far too noisy but they were all ex uni types and at midnight they kicked it up a notch and were literally drunk screaming/ singing some awful music. I told the wife I’m going to shut those fuckers up and started to go downstairs. She told me to piss off as I’ll just make a scene (I would have :lol: ) and she was nice and got them to understand how noisy they were being.

Next day I get a ParentMail video of my oldest boys new teacher and I realise I recognise that wall, it’s my garage wall, she’s the noisy one. She was very sheepish at the school pick up and knows if she is bad again Maxwell will tell her off in school or repeatedly say hi while stood on the roof of the Landy looking into her house 8-)

Dave!
Mito Man

Post by Mito Man »

I’ve noticed a lot more bonfires - must be due to the silly rules at the tip and the fact they charge for many things now.

I’ve come across a real oddball myself. A member of XR has bought a plot of woods opposite the road early in the year, they’re living in a caravan and they run a generator 24/7 which seems really odd as I can’t imagine that it’s very green (you can hear it running at night). I’m pretty friendly with one of the councillors and he lets me know about the parish meetings etc whenever we catch up.

So this XR bitch spent one meeting complaining about me putting up a stock fence with the usual rows of barbed wire across the top. You know the ones you see surrounding almost every farm and woodland in the U.K. It’s harming animals and nature supposedly but it’s been there for 40 years as far as I can tell and I was just replacing the rotten collapsed portion.

Next meeting she complains about me cutting trees and demands they make the area a conservation zone. I’ve only ever cut the dangerous/dead ones but it’s still killing the planet. I replanted 1000 trees anyway.

I’ve never actually met her but it’s clear she’s going to be a PITA for the rest of my life - I can’t imagine there’s any reasoning with someone like her anyway.
How about not having a sig at all?
Carlos

Post by Carlos »

You lot make me suspect i'm the not right in the Close :lol:
Rich B
Currently Driving: M2 Competition

Post by Rich B »

Are you allowed to just put buy a wood and live in a caravan on it? I thought planning permission was needed for anything?
Carlos

Post by Carlos »

Rich B wrote: Tue Oct 06, 2020 5:31 pm Are you allowed to just put buy a wood and live in a caravan on it? I thought planning permission was needed for anything?
If its not a permanent dwelling people seem to get a way with it if they aren't up to no good and ruffling feathers.
Rich B
Currently Driving: M2 Competition

Post by Rich B »

Carlos wrote: Tue Oct 06, 2020 5:34 pm
Rich B wrote: Tue Oct 06, 2020 5:31 pm Are you allowed to just put buy a wood and live in a caravan on it? I thought planning permission was needed for anything?
If its not a permanent dwelling people seem to get a way with it if they aren't up to no good and ruffling feathers.
sounds like she's doing exactly that.
Pete_

Post by Pete_ »

V8Granite wrote: Tue Oct 06, 2020 5:22 pm
Next day I get a ParentMail video of my oldest boys new teacher and I realise I recognise that wall, it’s my garage wall, she’s the noisy one. She was very sheepish at the school pick up and knows if she is bad again Maxwell will tell her off in school or repeatedly say hi while stood on the roof of the Landy looking into her house 8-)

Dave!
:lol:
Carlos

Post by Carlos »

Rich B wrote: Tue Oct 06, 2020 5:35 pm
I was thinking more along the lines of cattle rustling, growing weed, burying stuff like tyres/toxic stuff etc...
Mito Man

Post by Mito Man »

Rich B wrote: Tue Oct 06, 2020 5:35 pm
I think it’s 28 days a year even in a caravan, I don’t particularly give a crap about that point as I was gonna risk building a tiny house and using the 4 year rule but she’s gonna be a problem.
How about not having a sig at all?
Simon

Post by Simon »

A few years ago my parent's neighbour did something similarly stupid. The gardens of people in their road are all 150+ ft, but the people who's houses back onto them are about 75ft tops. So if you have a bonfire at the end of the garden it's a lot closer to your rear neighbours and your own house.

Anyway, their neighbour's boy had long since grown up and flown the nest, but his old childhood treehouse at the bottom of the garden needed to be removed. So instead of dismantling it properly he just doused it in petrol and set it on fire. Whilst it was still in the tree! Then he fucked off to bed.

He's rudely awakened an hour or so later by the fire brigade, who were just moments away from knocking down his garage door to 'gain access'. Standing out by the tender he asked my father if he'd called them, which he hadn't. Most likely it was the people backing onto the neighbour who had a raging accelerated tree fire just 25 metres from their back door.

Numpty.
The artist formerly known as _Who_
unzippy

Post by unzippy »

Mito Man wrote: Tue Oct 06, 2020 5:43 pmshe’s gonna be a problem.
The Evo forum really is a shadow of its former self. I remember when the internet was for the elite and now they seem to let any spastic on

IaFG Down Under Division
Delphi
Currently Driving: Porsche 928 S4, Porsche 987 Boxster 2.7, Volvo XC40

Post by Delphi »

There are some trees on the boundary of the house ours backs onto that cause no end of shit (literally) to fall into our back garden. They're Plane Trees that seem to shed crap all through summer and in autumn we have a metric fvckton of leaves deposited in our garden. Plus, the amount of bird sh1t that lands in the garden represents a health risk for Max.

Now, I'm on pretty good terms with Paul, the guy whose house backs onto ours and asked him if we could get a tree surgeon to cut them back a bit. He said he didn't have a problem with it and totally understood, but another neighbour over the back works for the council and has had a Protection Order placed on them. So now we have to apply to the council just so we can get these trees cut back. WTF does that? Why get a protection order put on trees that aren't even on your land?
If you get all wobbly-lipped about the opinion of Internet strangers, maybe it's time to take a bath with the toaster as you'll never amount to sh1t anyway.
Swervin_Mervin

Post by Swervin_Mervin »

Delphi wrote: Wed Oct 07, 2020 4:24 pm Why get a protection order put on trees that aren't even on your land?
Community value
McSwede

Post by McSwede »

Swervin_Mervin wrote: Wed Oct 07, 2020 9:06 pm
Delphi wrote: Wed Oct 07, 2020 4:24 pm Why get a protection order put on trees that aren't even on your land?
#becauseCunts
EFA
Swervin_Mervin

Post by Swervin_Mervin »

McSwede wrote: Wed Oct 07, 2020 9:35 pm
Swervin_Mervin wrote: Wed Oct 07, 2020 9:06 pm
#becauseCunts
EFA
I don't agree. If you feel a tree has community value, get wind that someone might be about to do some work to it, then I see no issue with checking whether it has a TPO. A person themselves can't get the TPO put on a tree, so it's likely that simply alerting the Authority might have triggered it, and that the Authority has decided they feel it is worth protecting.
Swervin_Mervin

Post by Swervin_Mervin »

Now his builders have removed the chimney stack from above the roof line. He doesn't have planning in place yet, nor any building control applciation in place.

On the upside, he did at least come around last week to tell me that the builders would be starting and that they'd be ripping out the boundary hedge and replacing with a fence. And that we could use the opportunity to agree the boundary line. That translated to me having to go out when they started building the fence to tell them that they'd put it in the wrong place at the house end - they hadn't called me out to agree the line before starting :roll:

It's about 3" off the party wall line, however, I'm not overly fussed as it's between both extensions and I might have gained a bit at the other end...
Jobbo
Currently Driving: S6 Avant, Jimny, Macan, Mini

Post by Jobbo »

Are you in a conservation area, Mike? Removing the chimney stack would require consent if so. Though this might be an attempt to test your boundaries so I wouldn't rise to it.
Swervin_Mervin

Post by Swervin_Mervin »

No we're not Simon. I'll eat humble pie on this one as it turns out that stack alterations are PD anyway as long as it stays below 1m. I never knew this. :oops:

:lol:
BenP
Currently Driving: Mercedes GLC250
Ford Fiesta 1.4 Titanium

Post by BenP »

Adding to this thread, I’ve lived in my house for 15 years. The week I moved In in 2005 next door said to me he’ll fix the fence as approx 60% was missing. I spent 2 years doing the place up adding a single storey extension double drive etc, still no fence repairs. We would speak in the street and after a few minutes I’d drop in the same line every time “any news on the fence” he’d make an excuse and then would have to go. It became a game to me.

During this time I was single/no children so didn’t really care. He then got a dog. This was a turning point for me. I found it In my garden a few times when I came home from work early along with some shit dotted around the garden which was promptly flicked back in to his garden. He was crafty with the dog, when I was home it was on a long lead in the garden unable to cross the boundary but I soon sussed out that when he knew I was at work it was allowed off the lead and in to my garden.

Any how 15 years later the fence drama is still ongoing. It’s like the fourth bridge, it’s always work progress. I think he’s had a complete fence for approx 3 years. When winter comes each year and high winds arrive some more falls down and the process starts again with me asking him to fix the fence again.
So at the start of the year you guessed it more of the fence was down, I approached him about getting it fixed explaining that my little boy was now 18 months old and summer will be here before you know it so can you get the fence fixed as he’ll be in the garden this year. He found issue with this as I was slightly more direct than previous due to wanting the garden secure for our little one. This turned in to he doesn’t have the money to fix it. Ok then I’ll pay half. Nope he doesn’t want that. Ok so how about I pay for the materials and he does it. No not that either. I’ll pay for the lot and do it for you. Definitely not he says it’s his fence! He says he will do it at some point.

So what am I supposed to do then I say, not let my little boy out in our garden until you get some money or decide you’ll do it? He can’t answer this as he’s admitting he’s being awkward so results to extremely aggressive behaviour. Now at this point I’ll add in I’ve seen him have a fight in the street about 10 years ago with some dude that was something to do with lads and dads football so I know he doesn’t mind violence. Anyhow times moved on and he’s an old man now so I stand my ground expecting him to cross the party wall line and say to myself if he does cross the boundary then it’s game on. He comes right up to it shouting, swearing, fists in the air, I keep my cool and tell him just fix the fence and I’m not here to fall out with him, I don’t take one step back and kept eye contact all the time with my most stern face lol. He sees I haven’t moved and stops with a puzzled look of not sure what to do now. He splutters he’ll have it fixed in 2 days. 😂. 2 weeks later we have a complete fence, boy is in the garden loving life for the summer. We move house tomorrow and it won’t be our problem that but yes people are strange.