Lavs

DeskJockey

Re: Lavs

Post by DeskJockey »

Jobbo wrote: Mon Jul 06, 2020 11:19 am
mik wrote: Mon Jul 06, 2020 9:03 am I don’t know.

But Mercun ones are always mahoosive.
Mercun plumbing doesn't cope too well though; and the flush always seems really weak.

Rich, I put soft close toilet seats on each of the loos in our house. Now I often slam other people's loo seats down because I'm so used to them :lol:
ISTR that it is because of the water saving limitation to the tank size. Someone told me that they drive to Canada to buy toilets.
---
Driving a Galaxy far far away
Mito Man

Post by Mito Man »

Cistern capacities reduce every decade. Eventually we’ll be flushing with 300 ml :mrgreen:
How about not having a sig at all?
V8Granite

Post by V8Granite »

I overcame the small cistern by fitting a different flush mechanism and adjusted the water level as high as possible.

We had the same regret though, the Victorian type hung on the wall high up are the absolute best and if this dies again is what I’ll be fitting.

Dave!
Explosive Newt

Post by Explosive Newt »

V8Granite wrote: Mon Jul 06, 2020 12:56 pm I overcame the small cistern by fitting a different flush mechanism and adjusted the water level as high as possible.

We had the same regret though, the Victorian type hung on the wall high up are the absolute best and if this dies again is what I’ll be fitting.

Dave!
Totally with you on that - and one of those long chains to flush with - it gives a sense of occasion.
ZedLeg

Post by ZedLeg »

This thread is definitely a new low for the forum :lol:
An absolute unit
Swervin_Mervin

Post by Swervin_Mervin »

ZedLeg wrote: Mon Jul 06, 2020 1:40 pm This thread is definitely a new low for the forum :lol:
Would it be fair to say, Zed, that you're not flush with enthusiasm for this thread?
Rich B
Currently Driving: M2 Competition

Post by Rich B »

It’s definitely gone down the pan.
Beany

Post by Beany »

This whole thread is full of shit. I think you're all taking the piss.
Orange Cola

Post by Orange Cola »

Explosive Newt wrote: Mon Jul 06, 2020 1:36 pm
V8Granite wrote: Mon Jul 06, 2020 12:56 pm I overcame the small cistern by fitting a different flush mechanism and adjusted the water level as high as possible.

Dave!
Totally with you on that - and one of those long chains to flush with - it gives a sense of occasion.
Make sure it’s in a room that is about -5C to complete the experience.
Mustang GT 5.0 V8 -- Jaguar F-Pace
Marv

Post by Marv »

ZedLeg wrote: Mon Jul 06, 2020 1:40 pm This thread is definitely a new low for the forum :lol:
I thought it was pretty concisternt with our Ideal Standard.
Oui, je suis un motard.
Rich B
Currently Driving: M2 Competition

Post by Rich B »

Marv wrote: Mon Jul 06, 2020 3:03 pm
I thought it was pretty concisternt with our Ideal Standard.
nuttinnew

Post by nuttinnew »

If you don't like it you can always get on Armitage Shanks's pony.
Matty
Currently Driving: Up! GTi, Alfa 4C

Post by Matty »

Explosive Newt

Post by Explosive Newt »

It's a whole different reason to be moaning.
PaulJ
Currently Driving: Cayman GTS 4.0

Post by PaulJ »

[/quote]

Mercun plumbing doesn't cope too well though

[/quote]

There's a Mercun plumb in the White House currently and you're right, he's not coping well at all.
Jobbo
Currently Driving: S6 Avant, Jimny, Macan, Mini

Post by Jobbo »

Swervin_Mervin wrote: Mon Jul 06, 2020 11:37 am
Jobbo wrote: Mon Jul 06, 2020 11:19 am
mik wrote: Mon Jul 06, 2020 9:03 am I don’t know.

But Mercun ones are always mahoosive.
Mercun plumbing doesn't cope too well though; and the flush always seems really weak.

Rich, I put soft close toilet seats on each of the loos in our house. Now I often slam other people's loo seats down because I'm so used to them :lol:
We have one with and one without - keeps everyone guessing, including us at times :lol:
We started like that when we bought this house and one loo had no seat at all. I quickly realised you have to go all in at home. But it doesn’t help your muscle memory when out 💩
Mito Man

Post by Mito Man »

My soft close toilet seat no longer closes fully by itself, necessitating a further push near the end of its travel to close it fully :roll:
Actually it’s been like that for at least 2 years but it’s one of those things you never change till it breaks...
How about not having a sig at all?
V8Granite

Post by V8Granite »

It’s surprisingly difficult to get a toilet seat which perfectly fits the toilet, it’s a pain.

Dave!
Swervin_Mervin

Post by Swervin_Mervin »

V8Granite wrote: Mon Jul 06, 2020 10:19 pm It’s surprisingly difficult to get a toilet seat which perfectly fits the toilet, it’s a pain.

Dave!
Buy a new bog with matching seat. Piss easy. ;)
jamcg

Post by jamcg »

Explosive Newt wrote: Mon Jul 06, 2020 8:57 am Is it just me, or are modern toilets getting smaller? To reduce the amount of water required per flush I guess? The missus had her bathroom done not long ago and the turd aperture is miniscule, a stark contrast to some of the high capacity crap hoppers in the older (1960s built) part of work. It's a false economy if you ask me, as I often end up flushing Mrs Newt's bog two or three times to clear persistent pebbledash that would have just gone into the water in a bigger loo.
The answer is yes. Old cisterns were 9 litres, modern ones are required by E.U legislation to be 6 litre maximum with a 4 litre half flush. The smaller aperture in the pan is designed to take advantage of the smaller volume- when they introduced 6 litre cisterns onto pans designed for 9 litres they didn’t flush anything away