Lavs

Marv

Re: Lavs

Post by Marv »

When I first visited Japan, the thing that I'd never seen before wasn't the well known high tech versions, but the old school ones, which have a built in tap that fills the cistern and you can wash your hands with the clean water, before it enters the cistern:

Oui, je suis un motard.
Explosive Newt

Post by Explosive Newt »

jamcg wrote: Mon Jul 06, 2020 11:12 pm
Explosive Newt wrote: Mon Jul 06, 2020 8:57 am Is it just me, or are modern toilets getting smaller? To reduce the amount of water required per flush I guess? The missus had her bathroom done not long ago and the turd aperture is miniscule, a stark contrast to some of the high capacity crap hoppers in the older (1960s built) part of work. It's a false economy if you ask me, as I often end up flushing Mrs Newt's bog two or three times to clear persistent pebbledash that would have just gone into the water in a bigger loo.
The answer is yes. Old cisterns were 9 litres, modern ones are required by E.U legislation to be 6 litre maximum with a 4 litre half flush. The smaller aperture in the pan is designed to take advantage of the smaller volume- when they introduced 6 litre cisterns onto pans designed for 9 litres they didn’t flush anything away
While I feel vindicated that my observations are correct, I do not feel as satisfied as I thought I would.
V8Granite

Post by V8Granite »

Marv wrote: Tue Jul 07, 2020 8:42 am When I first visited Japan, the thing that I'd never seen before wasn't the well known high tech versions, but the old school ones, which have a built in tap that fills the cistern and you can wash your hands with the clean water, before it enters the cistern:

Just imagine how many billions of gallons of water that would save a year 8-)

Dave!
Mito Man

Post by Mito Man »

Hong Kong has an interesting system where they have 2 water lines incoming, one clean and one salt water direct from the sea. You find out pretty quickly if someone got the plumbing wrong :lol:
How about not having a sig at all?
nuttinnew

Post by nuttinnew »