Decorators

Broccers

Re: Decorators

Post by Broccers »

Similar experiences however I've learnt a lesson. Tell them before hand what is expected, send or print it out. Hand back when they have 'finished'. Ask them about certain areas and get them to do it again until it's right.
davecG60

Post by davecG60 »

I must be one of the lucky few then I guess. Yes he's a mate I've known for many years but his work (and knowledge) is immense. Every house we have has been decorated superbly my him. I may have to wait but I know that is because he's so popular.
If anybody needs any work in the High Peak / Buxton or surrounding area then I'd happily ping his details over.
Cockwobble
Delphi
Currently Driving: Porsche 928 S4, Porsche 987 Boxster 2.7, Volvo XC40

Post by Delphi »

One of my judo mates is a painter and decorator. He's been doing it for over 30 years and it shows. Always gives me mates rates and goes through everything he's done. If I find any problems (which I never have) he'd come back and sort it. He's done the whole of my mum's house, the whole of my last house and the living room in my current house. Strangely, he insists on giving me a detailed quote every time including materials breakdown and every time I tell him there's no question of anyone else getting the work and to just give me a ball park figure.
If you get all wobbly-lipped about the opinion of Internet strangers, maybe it's time to take a bath with the toaster as you'll never amount to sh1t anyway.
Orange Cola

Post by Orange Cola »

Sounds like he’s had another ‘mate’ screw him over on paying the final bill if he’s giving you the full customer treatment like that. If he’s comfortable doing it then just go with it. I hate people who try to pull a fast one on friends :x
Mustang GT 5.0 V8 -- Jaguar F-Pace