Taking the knee

Broccers

Taking the knee

Post by Broccers »

Anyone here partake in this - in the same box as clapping and pan banging for me.
ZedLeg

Re: Taking the knee

Post by ZedLeg »

Depends who does it when.

When Colin Kaepernick was doing it, it raised awareness of an important issue.

When the police do it 10 minutes before beating the shit out of protesters, it rings a bit hollow.
An absolute unit
Broccers

Post by Broccers »

I don't want to see football games started with this and those who don't want to are forced into it. Imagine not kneeling on a pitch full of bended folks.

Seems a bit ott.
Carlos

Post by Carlos »

I'm unsure what bended folks are but if you want to kneel, go for it. I'm a big Game of Thrones fan too 😂
ZedLeg

Post by ZedLeg »

Broccers wrote: Thu Jun 18, 2020 6:51 pm I don't want to see football games started with this and those who don't want to are forced into it. Imagine not kneeling on a pitch full of bended folks.

Seems a bit ott.
You could start watching the game about 5 minutes later to save yourself from the offence.
An absolute unit
Broccers

Post by Broccers »

ZedLeg wrote: Thu Jun 18, 2020 8:43 pm
Broccers wrote: Thu Jun 18, 2020 6:51 pm I don't want to see football games started with this and those who don't want to are forced into it. Imagine not kneeling on a pitch full of bended folks.

Seems a bit ott.
You could start watching the game about 5 minutes later to save yourself from the offence.
I could but dont wish to. They didnt let them wear poppies not so long ago, keep it consistent. Saying that after last nights robbery by goal line technology football isnt on my happy list.
Broccers

Post by Broccers »

Carlos wrote: Thu Jun 18, 2020 7:08 pm I'm unsure what bended folks are but if you want to kneel, go for it. I'm a big Game of Thrones fan too 😂
:lol: didnt do himself any favours but then he is not a kneeler so all good in my book.
Orange Cola

Post by Orange Cola »

Broccers wrote: Thu Jun 18, 2020 9:29 pm

Seems a bit ott.
I could but dont wish to. They didnt let them wear poppies not so long ago, keep it consistent.
1) It’s not the same thing, but whatever
2) Are football not allowed to improve and raise awareness of significant issues given how much money they invest into making communities better and bringing communities from across the world together?
Mustang GT 5.0 V8 -- Jaguar F-Pace
ZedLeg

Post by ZedLeg »

Broccers wrote: Thu Jun 18, 2020 9:29 pm

Seems a bit ott.
I could but dont wish to. They didnt let them wear poppies not so long ago, keep it consistent. Saying that after last nights robbery by goal line technology football isnt on my happy list.
That was FIFA not the FA. Nobody is forcing anyone to kneel, if someone doesn’t want to that’s their decision.
An absolute unit
Broccers

Post by Broccers »

Even Garry lefty Lineka got it yesterday for a funny joke saying hes a tenner on 'Black lives matters' scoring first (all the players had this in place of their names on the shirts).

So you all have been kneeling then - that was the question, not what I think :lol:
ZedLeg

Post by ZedLeg »

I’ve not been in a situation where it’s appropriate but I would if I was.

As usual you see people do something and assume it’s just personal point scoring because that’s what you do. Not everyone sees the world like you do.
An absolute unit
Broccers

Post by Broccers »

Youre welcome to do as you choose fella - being forced into it isn't good tho.

A bit like feeling bad for not bashing your pans on a thursday - its a load of bollocks that changes nothing, just gives people a warm feeling for some reason :?: :cry:
V8Granite

Post by V8Granite »

I wouldn’t as it’s a choice and it feels like the general atmosphere is of bullying at the minute.

I don’t think I’ll be in a position where I’d be expected to though so it’s a non issue.

Dave!
Carlos

Post by Carlos »

As someone like yourself who isn't racist but welll known and Influential was asked by their minority colleague would you like to show solidarity by supporting their anti-racist gesture on this occasion what would you do Broccers ?
Broccers

Post by Broccers »

Carlos wrote: Fri Jun 19, 2020 12:21 am As someone like yourself who isn't racist but welll known and Influential was asked by their minority colleague would you like to show solidarity by supporting their anti-racist gesture on this occasion what would you do Broccers ?
I'd say I'm with them every day, previously to the latest fad and after so no I'm not kneeling.

What about you?
Broccers

Post by Broccers »

and what about this - can you do the knee and sing this song?
The world is going crackers.
unzippy

Post by unzippy »

Who says it's banned?
The Evo forum really is a shadow of its former self. I remember when the internet was for the elite and now they seem to let any spastic on

IaFG Down Under Division
Broccers

Post by Broccers »

unzippy wrote: Fri Jun 19, 2020 8:00 am Who says it's banned?
Under review by RFU
https://www.independent.co.uk/sport/rug ... 74441.html
Rich B
Currently Driving: M2 Competition

Post by Rich B »

Broccers wrote: Fri Jun 19, 2020 6:23 am
Carlos wrote: Fri Jun 19, 2020 12:21 am As someone like yourself who isn't racist but welll known and Influential was asked by their minority colleague would you like to show solidarity by supporting their anti-racist gesture on this occasion what would you do Broccers ?
I'd say I'm with them every day, previously to the latest fad and after so no I'm not kneeling.

What about you?
To be fair, I kind of agree. It seems it’s very hard these days to just drift along with your own values.

If you just aren’t racist that doesn’t seem enough any more. You have to actively read up every argument and participate in them all with the correct wording.

This isn’t always easy as sometimes people don’t understand the exact wording Straight away and other People’s reaction to this seems to turn quickly to hostility rather than assuming the best of each other.

I’m steering away from individual movements and actions now tbh. It’s too easy to cause offence to people looking for it if you’re a little clumsy with the specific wording.
V8Granite

Post by V8Granite »

Rich B wrote: Fri Jun 19, 2020 8:22 am
Broccers wrote: Fri Jun 19, 2020 6:23 am

What about you?
To be fair, I kind of agree. It seems it’s very hard these days to just drift along with your own values.

If you just aren’t racist that doesn’t seem enough any more. You have to actively read up every argument and participate in them all with the correct wording.

This isn’t always easy as sometimes people don’t understand the exact wording Straight away and other People’s reaction to this seems to turn quickly to hostility rather than assuming the best of each other.

I’m steering away from individual movements and actions now tbh. It’s too easy to cause offence to people looking for it if you’re a little clumsy with the specific wording.
Exactly how I’m seeing things. I don’t have to show or prove anything, if you think that says something about my views then you simply don’t know me and I don’t care about your opinion.

What I find strange about the whole thing is that the idea of hiding the past away will make things better. It’s very naive to think we are so much more aware of our actions than Before and we couldn’t possibly be as cruel as in years past.

Also, the idea that a stadium full of rugby fans won’t swing sweet low if it gets banned, laughable :lol:

Dave!