Taking the knee

Broccers

Re: Taking the knee

Post by Broccers »

Broccers

Post by Broccers »

Lots of egg on faces all about to arrive, funny no mention here on Sky sports presenters not wearing them earlier this week. Guess no-one watches it or the news, or just can't say oh dear we're wrong.
ZedLeg

Post by ZedLeg »

This is about what was on twitter about Israel?

I guess this goes back to what I was saying about people following something without really understanding what it’s about.

Broccers, you can call it virtue signalling and not sound like an idiot. You must be very happy.
An absolute unit
Broccers

Post by Broccers »

ZedLeg wrote: Fri Jun 19, 2020 10:57 am Yeah, broccers is seeing something that isn’t there.
This is all I'm saying on the matter from now.
ZedLeg

Post by ZedLeg »

Still waiting for you to show me how I was wrong
An absolute unit
Broccers

Post by Broccers »

It's taken a while, politics in sport shouldn't be allowed.
unzippy

Post by unzippy »

Broccers wrote: Tue Dec 08, 2020 7:57 pm It's taken a while, politics in sport shouldn't be allowed.
Raising awareness of racial injustice is political?
The Evo forum really is a shadow of its former self. I remember when the internet was for the elite and now they seem to let any spastic on

IaFG Down Under Division
DeskJockey

Post by DeskJockey »

unzippy wrote: Thu Dec 10, 2020 6:10 am
Broccers wrote: Tue Dec 08, 2020 7:57 pm It's taken a while, politics in sport shouldn't be allowed.
Well, how dare people raise awareness about such things and make people feel uncomfortable about their world views when they're just there to watch sports? So awful that others want to highlight their points of view.
---
Driving a Galaxy far far away
Broccers

Post by Broccers »

unzippy wrote: Thu Dec 10, 2020 6:10 am
BLM is a political organisation. This quite a well written article.
https://www.spiked-online.com/2020/12/0 ... -the-knee/
ZedLeg

Post by ZedLeg »

That is not a well written article. The bias is incredible :lol:
An absolute unit
ZedLeg

Post by ZedLeg »

“Our western ways of life” 🦮😗
An absolute unit
Broccers

Post by Broccers »

ZedLeg wrote: Thu Dec 10, 2020 8:39 am That is not a well written article. The bias is incredible :lol:
:lol: :lol: and you would probably say the left woke british press is well balanced.

Dont know what all your thoughts are on this

Delphi
Currently Driving: Porsche 928 S4, Porsche 987 Boxster 2.7, Volvo XC40

Post by Delphi »

Broccers wrote: Thu Dec 10, 2020 8:44 am
and you would probably say the left woke british press is well balanced.
:lol: The British press is almost entirely right-wing! Aside from the Mirror and the Guardian it's all right-wing! All owned by wealthy tax-dodging Tory supporters.
If you get all wobbly-lipped about the opinion of Internet strangers, maybe it's time to take a bath with the toaster as you'll never amount to sh1t anyway.
GG.

Post by GG. »

That critique is all made a bit of a nonsense though by the fact that it is only referring to print media. The BBC is left leaning/woke/progressive (don't argue with me with they have Ash Sarkar popping up regularly on Newsnight with Lewis Goodall as their main political correspondent!) - clearly this is much more influential that the relatively small circulation of printed daily newspapers.

ITV and Channel 4 news also very left of centre. In effect there is no "right-wing" TV news reporting at all!
Broccers

Post by Broccers »

It makes me wonder how left people are when they think the BBC are right wing. Got to be extremist nutter left :lol:
ZedLeg

Post by ZedLeg »

If people don’t agree with reporting they assume bias against them.

They have right wing commentators on at least as often as they have folk like Ash Sarker.

They still have Farage on all the time.
An absolute unit
Swervin_Mervin

Post by Swervin_Mervin »

Poeple on the left believe the MSM is largely right wing and people on the right believe that the MSM is largely left wing. The BBC has it's moments of stupidity, but on the whole I think it does try and maintain some degree of balance - I think they only get it wrong wehn they either let personal views stray into features or don't do their research on who they're using as "experts" etc.- or let that plank Farage on.

C4 though are unashamedly left wing - as far left as is possible imo. That's what made me laugh about the recent polls on public perception of the broadcasters in terms of impartiality - BBC well down even vs. C4.

The problem the BBC has is that everyone feels they own a bit, and therefore it's held to a far higher level of criticism imo than other broadcasters. People just seem really keen to let the BBC get to them and take any issue very personally.
Broccers

Post by Broccers »

Sky news are so biased left its embarrassing. Its probably why only 90000 people watched 'tiers in her eyes' Kay Burley. Hope her and Beff never return.
GG.

Post by GG. »

Swervin_Mervin wrote: Fri Dec 11, 2020 11:58 am The BBC has it's moments of stupidity, but on the whole I think it does try and maintain some degree of balance - I think they only get it wrong wehn they either let personal views stray into features or don't do their research on who they're using as "experts" etc.- or let that plank Farage on.

The problem the BBC has is that everyone feels they own a bit, and therefore it's held to a far higher level of criticism imo than other broadcasters. People just seem really keen to let the BBC get to them and take any issue very personally.
I think you can make that argument with their normal news broadcasting - they do obviously try to be fairly down the line (though the institutional 'progressive' bias still shows through) but falls to pieces pretty quickly when you look at their editorial programming such as Newsnight post Paxman - (Paul Mason as economics editor!! Emily Maitlis's rant, etc. This isn't just a matter of who they're interviewing...), their entire comedy output and all their radio programming.

If "5" is centrist, the canary a "1" - I'd rank the general corpus of the BBC output somewhere around a "3" on a good day.
ZedLeg

Post by ZedLeg »

GG. wrote: Fri Dec 11, 2020 12:16 pm their entire comedy output .
That's because right wing comedy is shite ;)
An absolute unit