Rich B
Currently Driving: M2 Competition

Re: Taking the knee

Post by Rich B »

How very caring.
ZedLeg

Post by ZedLeg »

I'm sorry that people don't want to baby walk other adults to a place of understanding :lol:
An absolute unit
Rich B
Currently Driving: M2 Competition

Post by Rich B »

What would you have to whinge about then!??? ;)
ZedLeg

Post by ZedLeg »

I'm sure I'd find something.

Have we fixed climate change yet?
An absolute unit
Broccers

Post by Broccers »

ZedLeg wrote: Thu Dec 17, 2020 1:27 pm I never said you did. None of this is personal to you Rich.

Not really caring how people want to define themselves can be quite dismissive though. I'm not saying anyone's an enemy unless they make themselves one by talking shit.

It's easy, either listen to people and learn something or stop inserting yourself into discussions you know nothing about.
Sounds like the same box as preachy vegans. 😀
V8Granite

Post by V8Granite »

Ok, the 3 I know through being good friends, not friend of a friend etc.

Mate 1 - we were best friends from birth and about 5 years ago decided he was Bi, never came out and never made an issue over it. Just when his partner came over he had a knob, I called him
an indecisive cunt and the world kept turning. He has had more issues with being overweight than being gay.

Mate 2 - From Jamaica, very nice guy who works in mental health and is just black. Is sick of people thinking they know him (through his work) because they understand black issues when really he says he doesn’t experience any. He is married to a white woman to grab some more daily mail types if that helps.

Mate 3 - Indian parents but born in the U.K., hates illegals and anyone who doesn’t intergrate. Got involved in the carrying of ceremonial knife thing when you get and we drifted apart but saw sense and now is just a mate as normal.

This is from living in a cheap low income area. I see more about racism now than I have in the rest of my life despite living in a hugely multicultural area. In fact I never knew I was racist till I got told :lol:

Everyone has an agenda and a fight to fight, I think it’s gone tribal in many ways now and non issues are being brought up.

Considering I travel all over I’d say the U.K. is the most openly accepting place ive been.

The start such a shame that people NEED people to accept their views and what they deem you need to do to qualify.

Dave!
ZedLeg

Post by ZedLeg »

That's cool Dave but your three pals aren't enough for a representative sample :lol:

I could list all the people I know and tell stories about how they've been spat at in the street for holding hands with their partners and sexually harrassed at work by guys who don't accept that they're gay.

People have different experiences.
An absolute unit
V8Granite

Post by V8Granite »

ZedLeg wrote: Thu Dec 17, 2020 4:27 pm That's cool Dave but your three pals aren't enough for a representative sample :lol:

I could list all the people I know and tell stories about how they've been spat at in the street for holding hands with their partners and sexually harrassed at work by guys who don't accept that they're gay.

People have different experiences.
You clearly have a very strange set of experiences.

Dave!
ZedLeg

Post by ZedLeg »

Of course :lol:
An absolute unit
Broccers

Post by Broccers »

So Eddie Izard is now relating to a she but how does everyone know what he/they/nogender they choose to be that day? It's all very confusing. Same with racism, it's impossible to keep up with what people want to be described as - the default is you got it wrong and have offended.
dinny_g

Post by dinny_g »

While I admit some nervousness about Gender issues - keeping up, getting it wrong, unintentionally causing offence etc, with race issues the right thing to do is... well it’s obvious really
Last edited by dinny_g on Sun Dec 20, 2020 9:43 pm, edited 1 time in total.
JLv3.0 wrote: Thu Jun 21, 2018 4:26 pm I say this rarely Dave, but listen to Dinny because he's right.
Rich B wrote: Thu Jun 02, 2022 1:57 pm but Dinny was right…
ZedLeg

Post by ZedLeg »

Personally I’m shocked that a famously genderfluid person has decided to use pronouns that don’t match their biological sex.
Last edited by ZedLeg on Mon Dec 21, 2020 6:18 am, edited 1 time in total.
An absolute unit
mr_jon

Post by mr_jon »

Meh.
Broccers

Post by Broccers »

Broccers wrote: Thu Jun 18, 2020 6:18 pm Anyone here partake in this - in the same box as clapping and pan banging for me.
Good to see them not bothering with this in last night's game. Not all footballers are out of touch.

The booers might actually make them wake up.

:lol:
McSwede

Post by McSwede »

Broccers wrote: Sat Jun 12, 2021 12:31 pm
Broccers wrote: Thu Jun 18, 2020 6:18 pm Anyone here partake in this - in the same box as clapping and pan banging for me.
Good to see them not bothering with this in last night's game. Not all footballers are out of touch.

The booers might actually make them wake up.

:lol:
It does feel rather pointless now. Point was made quite a while ago and keeping on doing it will not stop racist dickheads saying racist things. Keep highlighting instances of it happening and try identify the perpetrators.
duncs500

Post by duncs500 »

This booing pisses me off, I don't care what people's opinion is on it, if the players want to do it I don't see that it affects anyone else. Just stop booing and get behind the team FFS.
Broccers

Post by Broccers »

Well if they clap then that would mean they approved so its a fairly blunt tool to get the message across. It was always going to happen as I said nearly one whole year ago when this began.

Scotland said they werent going to do it and have been made to for some reason.

Good to see Labour still really missing the point too

ZedLeg

Post by ZedLeg »

People have been trying to get football fans to stop being racists for 30 years and don’t seem to be getting very far. I don’t expect that there’s going to be a sudden moment of enlightenment between the monkey chants and abusing players on Twitter.
An absolute unit
duncs500

Post by duncs500 »

Broccers wrote: Sat Jun 12, 2021 1:40 pm Well if they clap then that would mean they approved so its a fairly blunt tool to get the message across. It was always going to happen as I said nearly one whole year ago when this began.
They don't have to clap either, it's just before kickoff, just sit there and cheer when they stand up and kick the game off.

The booing is a vocal minority anyway, you'll find more people clapping trying to drown out the booing.
duncs500

Post by duncs500 »

ZedLeg wrote: Sat Jun 12, 2021 2:12 pm People have been trying to get football fans to stop being racists for 30 years and don’t seem to be getting very far. I don’t expect that there’s going to be a sudden moment of enlightenment between the monkey chants and abusing players on Twitter.
Well I don't think there's any reason to highlight football fans in particular, they're just a vocal and visible reflection of a societal problem sadly.