Idiotic tenants

Swervin_Mervin

Re: Idiotic tenants

Post by Swervin_Mervin »

Broccers wrote: Fri Jun 12, 2020 10:35 am
duncs500 wrote: Fri Jun 12, 2020 8:23 am
Gwaredd wrote: Thu Jun 11, 2020 11:39 pm They are indeed weird. I fitted a sign today, pink background with white text as per the 4 proofs I've sent her and also the paper copy she signed off on Monday.

Got an email about 3 hours after fitting from her saying she thought it was going to be pink text on a white background.

Words fail me.
:lol: WTF?
Sounds like totally your fault :lol: :lol: :lol: (She - says it all)

Whats the objection to dogs Jobbo? Just curious? I know when we had our staying in air BnBs they said no dogs in quite a lot of properties - we stayed in a few after explaining he was well behaved and if any damage was caused to furniture / carpets we would pay for them to be fixed. Never had issues as he wasnt a terror - I do realise lots of dogs are not good and get bored if locked in all day.
They stink and leave dog hair everywhere I'd the issue I'd imagine
Jobbo
Currently Driving: S6 Avant, Jimny, Macan, Mini

Post by Jobbo »

Broccers wrote: Fri Jun 12, 2020 10:35 am Whats the objection to dogs Jobbo? Just curious? I know when we had our staying in air BnBs they said no dogs in quite a lot of properties - we stayed in a few after explaining he was well behaved and if any damage was caused to furniture / carpets we would pay for them to be fixed. Never had issues as he wasnt a terror - I do realise lots of dogs are not good and get bored if locked in all day.
My original tenants asked to have 'one small dog' which turned into three, then one died so they got a greyhound... They put nasty wire all round the garden to keep them in, let them shit all over the place (outside and in) and it cost me way more than their deposit to replace all the carpets and renovate the place. It stank. That's ignoring the personal horror of cleaning someone else's dog shit smears off skirting boards etc, and the couple of months I wasn't able to let it while it was being repainted etc. Unfortunately you can't now ask for an increased deposit to cover damage from animals, so it's a blanket policy now: no dogs.
Jobbo

Post by Jobbo »

Swervin_Mervin wrote: Fri Jun 12, 2020 10:42 am They stink and leave dog hair everywhere I'd the issue I'd imagine
That's the well-behaved ones with responsible owners. Even then, letting them piss on the lawn causes brown patches which don't re-grow.
Broccers

Post by Broccers »

Jobbo wrote: Fri Jun 12, 2020 11:43 am
Broccers wrote: Fri Jun 12, 2020 10:35 am Whats the objection to dogs Jobbo? Just curious? I know when we had our staying in air BnBs they said no dogs in quite a lot of properties - we stayed in a few after explaining he was well behaved and if any damage was caused to furniture / carpets we would pay for them to be fixed. Never had issues as he wasnt a terror - I do realise lots of dogs are not good and get bored if locked in all day.
My original tenants asked to have 'one small dog' which turned into three, then one died so they got a greyhound... They put nasty wire all round the garden to keep them in, let them shit all over the place (outside and in) and it cost me way more than their deposit to replace all the carpets and renovate the place. It stank. That's ignoring the personal horror of cleaning someone else's dog shit smears off skirting boards etc, and the couple of months I wasn't able to let it while it was being repainted etc. Unfortunately you can't now ask for an increased deposit to cover damage from animals, so it's a blanket policy now: no dogs.
Completely understand - people rip the piss if you give an inch.
V8Granite

Post by V8Granite »

The thing about dogs is where the hair actually gets to.

Our carpet downstairs gets a carpet clean every 6 months, he isn’t allowed upstairs and you can still smell we have a dog after going 5 foot into the house.

His bed is cleaned properly once a month but he sheds a fair bit so hair can get in lots of funny places. Before our robot hoover we swept every day and mopped every other day. Despite this when the robot went round it filled the basket with hair it had swept out from under the skirting!!! That would also have a dog smell with it. Lots of dog owners need to realise that their idea of a clean dog is very different than no dog at all.

Dave!
Orange Cola

Post by Orange Cola »

Broccers wrote: Fri Jun 12, 2020 11:57 am
Jobbo wrote: Fri Jun 12, 2020 11:43 am
Completely understand - people rip the piss if you give an inch.
Not that bad but we've had a dog destroy a sofa in the holiday let. Although we still let to well behaved dogs we ask they don't go upstairs. Most people are fine with it but those who ignore it cause a massive headache for cleaning as there's hair and often mud absolutely everywhere.

We ran a very strict no pets policy in our rental flat after someone decided to buy a cat, tell us after they'd bought it, then it destroyed the place.
Mustang GT 5.0 V8 -- Jaguar F-Pace
Jobbo

Post by Jobbo »

Cats I'm fine with because I've never had a cat chew the architrave or skirting so it required replacement, and they tend to shit under bushes rather than in the middle of the lawn.
Swervin_Mervin

Post by Swervin_Mervin »

V8Granite wrote: Fri Jun 12, 2020 12:08 pm you can still smell we have a dog after going 5 foot into the house.
I bet non-dog owners could smell you have a dog 5 foot before going into the house :lol:
mik

Post by mik »

Swervin_Mervin wrote: Fri Jun 12, 2020 1:20 pm
V8Granite wrote: Fri Jun 12, 2020 12:08 pm you can still smell we have a dog after going 5 foot into the house.
I bet non-dog owners could smell you have a dog 5 foot before going into the house :lol:
I am sensing Mike is a NDG. :D
Swervin_Mervin

Post by Swervin_Mervin »

mik wrote: Fri Jun 12, 2020 1:39 pm
Nah - I love dogs. But they do honk. If I had one it would have to live in an outside kennel - I gather that's not generally cricket these days though :?
nuttinnew

Post by nuttinnew »

Jobbo wrote: Fri Jun 12, 2020 12:20 pm Cats ... tend to shit the middle of the neighbours' lawn.
EFA.

Alas bad tenants will be bad tenants with or without pets.
Jobbo

Post by Jobbo »

nuttinnew wrote: Fri Jun 12, 2020 1:46 pm
Jobbo wrote: Fri Jun 12, 2020 12:20 pm Cats ... tend to shit the middle of the neighbours' lawn.
EFA.

Alas bad tenants will be bad tenants with or without pets.
Yes, going back to my original post in this thread - the dog was the least of his issues :lol:
Gwaredd

Post by Gwaredd »

tim wrote: Fri Jun 12, 2020 9:24 am
Speaking of signage fails - have you seen this Gwelshy? It cracks me up everytime he posts about it.

I simply refuse to believe that anyone whoe can produce a sign of that quality would return with that 'S' :lol:

I can only assume he bought it in from a trade supplier and ordered it wrong, then tried to fix it himself. Guy must be broke not to sort that pronto - or it's done on purpose for 'likes' ?
Cheers.

Gwaredd
Mito Man

Post by Mito Man »

It’s Rob Spaghetti, he manages to fuck up anything and everything no matter how simple.
How about not having a sig at all?
V8Granite

Post by V8Granite »

Swervin_Mervin wrote: Fri Jun 12, 2020 1:42 pm
mik wrote: Fri Jun 12, 2020 1:39 pm

Nah - I love dogs. But they do honk. If I had one it would have to live in an outside kennel - I gather that's not generally cricket these days though :?
Trust me, unless it never enters the house an outside dog smells far worse than an inside dog!!

When he farts, you can probably see it from space.

Dave!
Broccers

Post by Broccers »

This reminds me how much money I used to spend on getting ours groomed ever 4 to 5 weeks at 50 quid a go. Wet dogs stink that is for sure - if you spray them with spritz or other fancy shiz, also wash what they lie on like rugs etc in the home or car you can limit the pong.

As for renting out your home - kids seemed to be the main cause of the damage when I did it. Doors took themselves off hinges all on their own....
Rich B
Currently Driving: M2 Competition

Post by Rich B »

When we bought our current house it fucking stank of dog (yet somehow didn’t when we viewed it a month or two earlier?) We opened the front door and my Mrs just started crying because it was so bad (and she was pregnant!).

I ended up ripping up all the carpets that day and using white vinegar and bicarbonate soda on all the floor boards. it took a few rounds for the smell to go - it was literally soaked into the wood.

Kid damage is usually obvious and fixed by redecorating or replacing broken stuff, dog stench can be a lot more involved!
Mito Man

Post by Mito Man »

Weird, I don’t think my dog smells and haven’t been told he does.
I’ve just googled it, BFs apparently have no odour although arguably they’re not a dog :lol:
How about not having a sig at all?
Jobbo

Post by Jobbo »

Broccers wrote: Sat Jun 13, 2020 10:22 am This reminds me how much money I used to spend on getting ours groomed ever 4 to 5 weeks at 50 quid a go. Wet dogs stink that is for sure - if you spray them with spritz or other fancy shiz, also wash what they lie on like rugs etc in the home or car you can limit the pong.

As for renting out your home - kids seemed to be the main cause of the damage when I did it. Doors took themselves off hinges all on their own....
I’m not renting to people with kids either 😄
Sundayjumper
Currently Driving: Peugeot 406

Post by Sundayjumper »

I never rented to anyone with pets (AFAIK !), but several with children and they were never a problem either.

The only problem I did have with smells was tenants who enjoyed very aromatic cuisine. That works its way into everything too.