Idiotic tenants

Jobbo
Currently Driving: S6 Avant, Jimny, Macan, Mini

Idiotic tenants

Post by Jobbo »

Fortunately, not yet my tenant but a prospective one enquiring about the property.

After mentioning that plenty of people seem to miss the 'No dogs' in the advert he texted me to say he has a 9yr old Springer, then sent me a photo of said spaniel. I said that it looked very much like a dog to me. He then said he'd like a long tenancy and that it was soon going to be illegal to refuse to rent to someone because they have a dog.

Relying on the fact that I'd explained 'no dogs' I elected not to discuss it further but he kept on at me, sending me a screenshot of the bottom of the Rightmove advert which said 'pets considered'. I don't know what he thought he was trying to achieve but I screenshotted the full ad on Rightmove, highlighted the 'No dogs, cats considered' wording and sent that back to him, whereupon he replied saying that it doesn't say that on Rightmove :roll:

So I blocked him. Clearly not somebody who would be a good tenant in any case, but WTF did he think he was trying to achieve?
GG.

Re: Idiotic tenants

Post by GG. »

The number of people that cannot seemingly read through to the end of an advert is really something.

I've now had two people in a fortnight place bids on eBay items which specifically state "Collection in person" and then demand I arrange delivery.

As I'm at home to hand over to a courier I've relented in the interests of getting stuff sold but I do find it astounding.
Sundayjumper
Currently Driving: Peugeot 406

Post by Sundayjumper »

GG. wrote: Thu Jun 11, 2020 6:42 pmI've now had two people in a fortnight place bids on eBay items which specifically state "Collection in person" and then demand I arrange delivery.
I’ve lost count of the number of times that’s happened to me over the years.

Unless it’s something very obviously hard to post you need accept the situation and offer delivery from the outset. You’ll get a better price too, there ARE some sensible people out there, and one or two of them didn’t bid on your sales because they read & understood the “collection in person” bit.
Orange Cola

Post by Orange Cola »

I hate people who treat whatever possession it is you have as their god given right to have access to. This extends all the way down to menial things like small change money or letting someone borrow a phone charger

“Can I have my charger back please, I need to charge mine up”

“Why? What percentage are you on?”

Cunts the lot of them :roll:
Mustang GT 5.0 V8 -- Jaguar F-Pace
DeskJockey

Post by DeskJockey »

In a similar vein I offered two items on Freecycle.

One was a Billy bookcase with the height and width stated in the subject. First email: "how tall is it? Can it easily fit into a car?".

Second was a pair of lampshades, again stating that they're lampshades. Person emails, says they want them. Arrange collection and agree a time/date. Two minutes later they email back asking me to confirm that they're lampshades, because they wanted whole lamps.

*Sigh*
---
Driving a Galaxy far far away
Jobbo
Currently Driving: S6 Avant, Jimny, Macan, Mini

Post by Jobbo »

I think this chap was of a similar vein to the eBay moron buyers. But the thing is, if they behave like dicks they're out of your life quickly. He wanted to have a long term tenancy. It's not discrimination if I don't want to rent it to you because you're an ignorant fuckwit.
DeskJockey

Post by DeskJockey »

Is there no protection in law for the hard of thinking?
---
NotoriousREV

Post by NotoriousREV »

When we moved to Amsterdam and were looking for tenants for our U.K. home, we had one woman demand that we have an electrician test “the wires that are sticking out of the wall”. Those were the SCART leads for the wall mounted TV in the kitchen.
Middle-aged Dirtbag
GG.

Post by GG. »

Sundayjumper wrote: Thu Jun 11, 2020 6:51 pm
GG. wrote: Thu Jun 11, 2020 6:42 pmI've now had two people in a fortnight place bids on eBay items which specifically state "Collection in person" and then demand I arrange delivery.

Unless it’s something very obviously hard to post you need accept the situation and offer delivery from the outset. You’ll get a better price too, there ARE some sensible people out there, and one or two of them didn’t bid on your sales because they read & understood the “collection in person” bit.
I'm in full acceptance mode - I'm currently shipping a heavy hybrid valve radio tuner to Athens. :lol:

They're paying a quarter of the cost of the item in shipping. Well I say 'paying' but its been nearly two days since I sent the invoice and they haven't yet :roll:
Last edited by GG. on Thu Jun 11, 2020 8:45 pm, edited 1 time in total.
GG.

Post by GG. »

NotoriousREV wrote: Thu Jun 11, 2020 8:40 pm SCART leads.
I remember those :D 90s nostalgia right there.
Rich B
Currently Driving: M2 Competition

Post by Rich B »

GG. wrote: Thu Jun 11, 2020 8:43 pm
Sundayjumper wrote: Thu Jun 11, 2020 6:51 pm

I'm in full acceptance mode - I'm currently shipping a heavy hybrid valve radio tuner to Athens. :lol:

They're paying a quarter of the cost of the item in shipping. Well I say 'paying' but its been nearly two days since I sent the invoice and they haven't yet :roll:
i remember my Mrs sold a book or something small years ago on eBay, after selecting the buy it now option the buyer complained that the (part of the advert/eBay selling price) postage cost was too much and she should drop it. It was literally a few pounds and the buyer was getting really shirty about it saying it wasn’t in the spirit of eBay/etc when it would only cost something like 70% of that cost in stamps to post it.

People are weird.
jamcg

Post by jamcg »

I bet the people kicking off about postage cost on eBay want you to drop the postage price so you send it with just stamps and no tracking at all so they can complain to eBay/PayPal and claim that they never received the item and get refunded
Gwaredd

Post by Gwaredd »

They are indeed weird. I fitted a sign today, pink background with white text as per the 4 proofs I've sent her and also the paper copy she signed off on Monday.

Got an email about 3 hours after fitting from her saying she thought it was going to be pink text on a white background.

Words fail me.
Cheers.

Gwaredd
Delphi
Currently Driving: Porsche 928 S4, Porsche 987 Boxster 2.7, Volvo XC40

Post by Delphi »

Sold our old fire surround recently. Woman came to look at it on behalf of her friend, paid the £20 and said she'd arrange for her and her friend to pick it up. 3 days later they rock up in a Fiat Panda :roll: and then spend the next half an hour trying to fit it in. Bloke didn't even know his back seats folded flat. After about an hour they finally drove away with the tailgate held shut with bungee cord and one leg of the surround dangling down dangerously close to the road. I doubt they made it back with the surround in one piece.
If you get all wobbly-lipped about the opinion of Internet strangers, maybe it's time to take a bath with the toaster as you'll never amount to sh1t anyway.
duncs500

Post by duncs500 »

Gwaredd wrote: Thu Jun 11, 2020 11:39 pm They are indeed weird. I fitted a sign today, pink background with white text as per the 4 proofs I've sent her and also the paper copy she signed off on Monday.

Got an email about 3 hours after fitting from her saying she thought it was going to be pink text on a white background.

Words fail me.
:lol: WTF?
tim

Post by tim »

Gwaredd wrote: Thu Jun 11, 2020 11:39 pm They are indeed weird. I fitted a sign today, pink background with white text as per the 4 proofs I've sent her and also the paper copy she signed off on Monday.

Words fail me.
Speaking of signage fails - have you seen this Gwelshy? It cracks me up everytime he posts about it.

jamcg

Post by jamcg »

Words fail me.
You’d be amazed how many discussions we have with customers about their wall panels/tiles/bathroom unit colour etc. About 1 in every 10 bathrooms we do we get a customer asking if something is the right colour or style- like you everything is picked in the showroom, as a minimum they’ve seen samples of all the finishes and signed off on a list of goods and a cad image.

Worst I’ve had was turning up on the first day of a new installation and being asked if they can completely change where everything was going and the wall panel colours

“yes you can but you’ll have to pay the restocking of everything you change and we’ll have to put the install off until we can get the different panels which means you’ll go to the back of the line, so we can start your new bathroom in about 10 weeks”

They went with the original plan.......
Nefarious

Post by Nefarious »

NotoriousREV wrote: Thu Jun 11, 2020 8:40 pm we had one woman demand that we have an electrician test “the wires that are sticking out of the wall”. Those were the SCART leads for the wall mounted TV in the kitchen.
When I was doing the big renovation project last year, I had a panicked phonecall from the client's mum one night - apparently the electrician had left *dangerous* *live wires* exposed. I wasn't especially worried (although slightly confused as to why she was on site at 9pm), but chased round there anyway. The "dangerous live wires" turned out to be a half roll of twin and earth with some tools on top :roll:
"If everything seems under control, you're just not going fast enough"
DeskJockey

Post by DeskJockey »

Nefarious wrote: Fri Jun 12, 2020 10:09 am
NotoriousREV wrote: Thu Jun 11, 2020 8:40 pm we had one woman demand that we have an electrician test “the wires that are sticking out of the wall”. Those were the SCART leads for the wall mounted TV in the kitchen.
When I was doing the big renovation project last year, I had a panicked phonecall from the client's mum one night - apparently the electrician had left *dangerous* *live wires* exposed. I wasn't especially worried (although slightly confused as to why she was on site at 9pm), but chased round there anyway. The "dangerous live wires" turned out to be a half roll of twin and earth with some tools on top :roll:
Did you check whether the wires were connected directly into the national Grid high voltage network? You never know...
---
Broccers

Post by Broccers »

duncs500 wrote: Fri Jun 12, 2020 8:23 am

Words fail me.
:lol: WTF?
Sounds like totally your fault :lol: :lol: :lol: (She - says it all)

Whats the objection to dogs Jobbo? Just curious? I know when we had our staying in air BnBs they said no dogs in quite a lot of properties - we stayed in a few after explaining he was well behaved and if any damage was caused to furniture / carpets we would pay for them to be fixed. Never had issues as he wasnt a terror - I do realise lots of dogs are not good and get bored if locked in all day.