Protesting / Villains

duncs500

Re: Protesting / Villains

Post by duncs500 »

ZedLeg wrote: Sat Jun 13, 2020 6:52 pm I just realised that I should have put my post this morning in here instead of the coronavirus thread.

Anyway, a wee update

All a bit embarrassing wasn't it. Although in many ways it adds weight to the BLM movement that they stayed away from these scumbags, people could have easily given these nazis what they wanted and gone for a scrap which would have made easy headlines about racism and a race war. It shows great restraint and the seriousness of the issue that they just left them to look stupid.
V8Granite

Post by V8Granite »

They are all as bad as each other, anyone who is causing trouble (not peaceful protesters, people who go tooled up) are removing any legitimate argument from either side.

Dave!
jamcg

Post by jamcg »

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-london-53040301

“Man arrested on suspicion of urinating on the Westminster memorial dedicated to PC Keith Palmer”

Guess this is that bloke
ZedLeg

Post by ZedLeg »

V8Granite wrote: Sun Jun 14, 2020 8:23 am They are all as bad as each other, anyone who is causing trouble (not peaceful protesters, people who go tooled up) are removing any legitimate argument from either side.

Dave!
I think the difference is that the original protests were largely peaceful with a fringe element of folk looking for trouble, whereas the “counter protest” was organised by far right groups and football casuals looking for a tear up.

Oh and protesting for systemic racism and the protection of memorials to historical bigots.
An absolute unit
V8Granite

Post by V8Granite »

ZedLeg wrote: Sun Jun 14, 2020 5:41 pm
V8Granite wrote: Sun Jun 14, 2020 8:23 am They are all as bad as each other, anyone who is causing trouble (not peaceful protesters, people who go tooled up) are removing any legitimate argument from either side.

Dave!
I think the difference is that the original protests were largely peaceful with a fringe element of folk looking for trouble, whereas the “counter protest” was organised by far right groups and football casuals looking for a tear up.

Oh and protesting for systemic racism and the protection of memorials to historical bigots.
As soon as they started with the destruction and vandalism what did they expect the morons to do? There was 1 goal for that protest and that was to get exactly what they wanted.

They are equally to blame.

Dave!
Broccers

Post by Broccers »

What about the idiot who had a piss through some railings which just happened to be near a memorial - 14 days in prison even after he handed himself to police. Hmm bit harsh for a slash.
ZedLeg

Post by ZedLeg »

Guy there to “protect memorials” pisses on the memorial to a police officer who died in the line of duty. He got off lightly, could’ve been ten years :lol:
An absolute unit
Broccers

Post by Broccers »

Youre wrong again lefty - the punishment is not fitting of the crime, just appeasing the faux outrage as usual. :roll:
Mito Man

Post by Mito Man »

Maybe I’m being pedantic but he’s not really pissing on the memorial? I imagine if you’re a proper meat head going out to make a statement you’d actually piss on the item in question.
How about not having a sig at all?
Broccers

Post by Broccers »

Mito Man wrote: Mon Jun 15, 2020 11:58 am Maybe I’m being pedantic but he’s not really pissing on the memorial? I imagine if you’re a proper meat head going out to make a statement you’d actually piss on the item in question.
Exactly - had he actually pissed directly on it then fair enough.
ZedLeg

Post by ZedLeg »

So is our criminal justice system a reasonable arbiter of justice or not?
An absolute unit
Broccers

Post by Broccers »

If I piss in the street on a saturday then I get a fine not 14 days in prison. Lots of outrage has happened recently, I've not seen anyone given prison other than this daft sod.
McSwede

Post by McSwede »

Mito Man wrote: Mon Jun 15, 2020 11:58 am Maybe I’m being pedantic but he’s not really pissing on the memorial? I imagine if you’re a proper meat head going out to make a statement you’d actually piss on the item in question.
Correct. If he's making some form of statement then surely he'd be pissing on it. In reality he's probably just gone for a slash without realising what he is standing next to (or too thick to realise).

14 days inside would seem a little harsh but they are pandering to public outrage.

FWIW I am in no way a supporter of these right wing knuckleheads.
Broccers

Post by Broccers »

Carlos

Post by Carlos »

Broccers wrote: Mon Jun 15, 2020 12:09 pm If I piss in the street on a saturday then I get a fine not 14 days in prison. Lots of outrage has happened recently, I've not seen anyone given prison other than this daft sod.
A man travels halfway across the country to aggravate protestors and the Police. If he's not actually party to the violence he's inciting it.

I know it, you know it and the Judge knew it. The sentence is to deter others doing the same and 99% of the population would agree.
V8Granite

Post by V8Granite »

Broccers wrote: Tue Jun 16, 2020 11:58 am
Well that’s embarrassingly pathetic.

Dave!
Broccers

Post by Broccers »

Carlos wrote: Tue Jun 16, 2020 12:53 pm A man travels halfway across the country to aggravate protestors and the Police. If he's not actually party to the violence he's inciting it.
Stanstead to Westminster is less than one hour away (just for your info).
Beany

Post by Beany »

Speaking of villians, Katie Hopkins has been given the boot from Twitter for breaching their hateful conduct rules.

I mean, she's been breaking that for years, but hey, it's popular now to be against hate.

I guess the bad PR for functionally promoting her has outweighed Twitters ad revenue now.
ZedLeg

Post by ZedLeg »

A tale of two protests in Glasgow this morning

An absolute unit
Maurice

Post by Maurice »

I’m sure everyone’s favourite leisurely musical flute march through the town on the 4th will be especially peaceful this year.