The pointless push for 8K

Mito Man

Re: The pointless push for 8K

Post by Mito Man »

I think it’s 80”.
Anyhow compression has a bigger effect, a 1080p blu-ray looks better for me than 4k Nexflix :lol:
How about not having a sig at all?
Orange Cola

Post by Orange Cola »

Is 4K Netflix upscaled?

Until there’s a point where I can get 4K content properly, likely via internet only due to the size of these things, I think I’ll hold off from a 4K TV. I’m ‘due’ to replace relatively soon depending on how irritated I get from the shadows on my set vs the Mrs constantly leaving the screen on pause for hours at end, just doesn’t seem worth the outlay when she won’t listen.
Mustang GT 5.0 V8 -- Jaguar F-Pace
Nefarious

Post by Nefarious »

I knew I was behind the curve, but I hadn't realised quite how far. The last TV I actually bought new was a CRT in about 1997. All the ones in my house are leftovers/handmedowns.
Main living room - my dad's old Samsung 1080p 38". Stopped working, but he couldn't live 48 hours without so bought another before I could fix it. In 2010.
Bedroom - Akai or some other white label brand, non-HD 32". Acquired when I had to clear a garage when we moved to Scotland in 2003.
Daughter's bedroom - 32" Toshiba 1080p. Found in the cupboard of a flat I bought.
Office - Benq HD projector bought as part of my PS4 bundle (£380 for PS4, wheel, pedals, projector and 20 games).

Truth is, I rarely bother to switch to the HD channels for sports/films, even when the option is one button press away.
"If everything seems under control, you're just not going fast enough"
Simon

Post by Simon »

Went for a the Sony 55" XH9505 in the end, along with a sound-bar.

My OLED owning colleagues have been whispering in my ear to get the A8 OLED (literally the same specs but with an OLED panel instead) but it was another £200 and I'd already pushed my budget over what I'd wanted to spend.

Gets here Friday.
The artist formerly known as _Who_
Richard

Post by Richard »

Nefarious wrote: Mon Jun 01, 2020 10:22 am
Truth is, I rarely bother to switch to the HD channels for sports/films, even when the option is one button press away.
Madness