B&Q

Matty
Currently Driving: Up! GTi, Alfa 4C

B&Q

Post by Matty »

You're telling me B&Q is so massively in demand, that at 11:15pm on a week night there is a 31 minute queue to use the website? I don't have to queue that long to get in a physical store where there is a capacity limit to maintain social distancing!

There is no way a company like B&Q are using such a shitty back-end that would require this level of restriction :lol:
Carlos

Re: B&Q

Post by Carlos »

It's bullshit, we waited an hour plus last week and the bulk of what we needed wasn't available for click and collect which is the only option.

Try a local builders supplies or Screwfix.
NotoriousREV

Post by NotoriousREV »

They’re restricting the number of orders deliberately so they can run reduced staff in the warehouses and enable social distancing.
Middle-aged Dirtbag
Brannen

Post by Brannen »

I've noticed a few websites are doing that as well. I end up just resorting to Amazon for a lot of things.
mik

Post by mik »

NotoriousREV wrote: Tue Apr 21, 2020 8:58 am They’re restricting the number of orders deliberately so they can run reduced staff in the warehouses and enable social distancing.
Yeah - it’s a pretty strange way to do it though. Apply throttles at the ordering stage surely? I went to the site to look for something, but couldn’t get on, so have no idea if they sell them.
duncs500

Post by duncs500 »

mik wrote: Tue Apr 21, 2020 9:23 am
NotoriousREV wrote: Tue Apr 21, 2020 8:58 am They’re restricting the number of orders deliberately so they can run reduced staff in the warehouses and enable social distancing.
Yeah - it’s a pretty strange way to do it though. Apply throttles at the ordering stage surely? I went to the site to look for something, but couldn’t get on, so have no idea if they sell them.
This. Went on the site just to look at what they had, saw there was a queue and left again.
NotoriousREV

Post by NotoriousREV »

So either you tell people up front there’s a queue and let them decide to wait or not, or you let people into the site so they spend time researching and choosing their purchase and then stick them in a one hour queue to pay? I know which I think is the better customer experience that achieves what they want.
Middle-aged Dirtbag
mik

Post by mik »

NotoriousREV wrote: Tue Apr 21, 2020 10:23 am
So either you tell people up front there’s a queue and let them decide to wait or not, or you let people into the site so they spend time researching and choosing their purchase and then stick them in a one hour queue to pay? I know which I think is the better customer experience that achieves what they want.
Me too. It’s not this.

I don’t want to wait in a queue for an hour to find out that you don’t sell the item I want to buy, or to find that you do sell it, but I can buy cheaper elsewhere.
Last edited by mik on Tue Apr 21, 2020 10:39 am, edited 1 time in total.
NotoriousREV

Post by NotoriousREV »

They don’t want you buying stuff. It worked.
Middle-aged Dirtbag
mik

Post by mik »

It did. But in a stoopid way.
Mito Man

Post by Mito Man »

Wickes have the same crap system, except you then go on the website and everything is in stock but they won’t sell it unless they decide it’s essential. Even for home delivery that it.
How about not having a sig at all?
Rich B
Currently Driving: M2 Competition

Post by Rich B »

It sets out the stall immediately though. Restricts buying to people who really do need it and know what they want.

I’d rather know that at the beginning rather than happily filling my basket then to find out I can’t actually buy any of it without waiting 3 hours.
Beany

Post by Beany »

Rich B wrote: Tue Apr 21, 2020 1:01 pm It sets out the stall immediately though. Restricts buying to people who really do need it and know what they want.

I’d rather know that at the beginning rather than happily filling my basket then to find out I can’t actually buy any of it without waiting 3 hours.
Very much this.
JonMad
Currently Driving: 2015 Swift; 2012 Yeti; 2006 Fabia

Post by JonMad »

Try Screwfix.

Got online straight away. Chose Click and collect. Paid. Text within 5 mins to say it was ready. Collected in 30s once I parked up. And handily my nearest Screwfix is 2 mins drive from home.
Left over crest; tightens.
Jobbo
Currently Driving: S6 Avant, Jimny, Macan, Mini

Post by Jobbo »

I googled the bbq I wanted, clicked on a B&Q link and got a 44 minute wait. I let it elapse in a tab, went back when it had expired, to find “no longer available”.

Fuck them.
Rich B
Currently Driving: M2 Competition

Post by Rich B »

Jobbo wrote: Tue Apr 21, 2020 8:36 pm I googled the bbq I wanted, clicked on a B&Q link and got a 44 minute wait. I let it elapse in a tab, went back when it had expired, to find “no longer available”.

Fuck them.
well it clearly wasn’t anything essential! 😀
GG.

Post by GG. »

Man's desire for grilled meat is surely top of the list isn't it? :?
Jobbo
Currently Driving: S6 Avant, Jimny, Macan, Mini

Post by Jobbo »

Rich B wrote: Tue Apr 21, 2020 9:22 pm
Jobbo wrote: Tue Apr 21, 2020 8:36 pm I googled the bbq I wanted, clicked on a B&Q link and got a 44 minute wait. I let it elapse in a tab, went back when it had expired, to find “no longer available”.

Fuck them.
well it clearly wasn’t anything essential! 😀
Are B&Q limiting what people can buy? I shall have to go to The Range tomorrow 😃
ZedLeg

Post by ZedLeg »

It is a weird way to do it, I guess it’s different if you have a click and collect service.

Our website is running normally but with a banner warning people that there’s a small shipping delay. We’re doing alright tbh. We’re still getting orders out within a week despite only running a quarter of our usual warehouse staff.
An absolute unit
Swervin_Mervin

Post by Swervin_Mervin »

Screwfix is an odd one at the moment - showing as nothing available to click & collect locally in pretty much the entire of S. Manchester. Probably a good thing for me as I really need to stop buying shit :lol: