Holiday Refunds Thread

NotoriousREV

Re: Holiday Refunds Thread

Post by NotoriousREV »

Rich B wrote: Wed Apr 29, 2020 5:41 pm
mr_jon wrote: Wed Apr 29, 2020 5:04 pm To be fair to Cola I do know quite a few people on modest London salaries (40-50k) who pay 7-10k for annual rail passes.
any percentage of a small percentage is still a small percentage.
60000% of 1%?
Middle-aged Dirtbag
Rich B
Currently Driving: M2 Competition

Post by Rich B »

NotoriousREV wrote: Wed Apr 29, 2020 6:22 pm
Rich B wrote: Wed Apr 29, 2020 5:41 pm
mr_jon wrote: Wed Apr 29, 2020 5:04 pm To be fair to Cola I do know quite a few people on modest London salaries (40-50k) who pay 7-10k for annual rail passes.
any percentage of a small percentage is still a small percentage.
60000% of 1%?
😂 touché!
KevH18

Post by KevH18 »

Gwaredd wrote: Wed Apr 22, 2020 11:35 pm Got our refund today minus our deposit, natch. Should help pay for more groceries!

Holiday insurance. Buy it.
We went through Al Fresco when we booked Duinrell and they've been pretty good. Anything up to 22nd May has been cancelled between then and 30th June can be changed to next year without any fees and they will guarantee the price so we've ended up doing that. We'd only paid the deposit of £99 but the whole 5 days was only £411 so it's a fairly cheap holiday and it's something to look forward to next year.

Might try and book a late package in holiday to Spain or whatever in September if that's going to be possible.
Orange Cola

Post by Orange Cola »

I really don’t know why Rich is going on about the percentages, we’ve established the original point. Maybe it’s the ‘up to’ part that is a struggle.

Anyway, our holiday has been moved to next year and we’ve had the difference refunded which is a result. However the insurance considers this a new booking and therefore excludes Corona virus pandemics being covered :lol:
Mustang GT 5.0 V8 -- Jaguar F-Pace
dinny_g

Post by dinny_g »

Decided to cancel our hotel booking early (didn't need to cancel until the July 24th) in case the Spanish Government decide to take any decisions to support the tourism industry. Tin foil hat I know but there was no reason to delay it.

Hope to go in 2021 - Just hope the Hotels still there because it's probably the best in the price range in Maspalomas

Will have to wait until Mid July to see what's what with EasyJet. I've in effect, written off the flight costs so if we do get a refund, we'll be ahead.
JLv3.0 wrote: Thu Jun 21, 2018 4:26 pm I say this rarely Dave, but listen to Dinny because he's right.
Rich B wrote: Thu Jun 02, 2022 1:57 pm but Dinny was right…
Rich B
Currently Driving: M2 Competition

Post by Rich B »

The Timculator returns!
dinny_g

Post by dinny_g »

What was the Timculator again???
JLv3.0 wrote: Thu Jun 21, 2018 4:26 pm I say this rarely Dave, but listen to Dinny because he's right.
NotoriousREV

Post by NotoriousREV »

dinny_g wrote: Tue May 05, 2020 2:08 pm What was the Timculator again???
A device for doing man-maths.
Middle-aged Dirtbag
dinny_g

Post by dinny_g »

#BecauseDinny...
tim

Post by tim »

You can justify *anything* with the Timculator. 8-)
Jobbo
Currently Driving: S6 Avant, Jimny, Macan, Mini

Post by Jobbo »

We had a week in Devon booked from 15 May. I thought until a couple of weeks ago that it might still be feasible to go (seems very optimistic as I look back) but the cottage booking agency were already offering a free transfer by giving you a voucher. They offer a price match for the equivalent week in 2021.

Getting the voucher took a couple of weeks which was frustrating. When it arrived, I followed their instructions and found there is no availability yet in 2021. After an hour on hold I finally spoke to someone on Monday: “Oh yes, prices for 2021 haven’t been released yet.” That’s irrelevant, you’ve given a price match guarantee for 2021... after another 15 mins or so on hold he came back on the line and basically, “computer says no... prices are generally released by November.” The voucher expires in December! I paid on my credit card so if they don’t sort out bookings for 2021 shortly I’ll just be doing a chargeback.
Brannen

Post by Brannen »

Meant to be going to Portugal next week, but Easyjet had emailed me yesterday to say the flights were cancelled. They push the change to different dates or vouchers. Hidden away on their website was the refund option, and even following that, they still try and push you to vouchers. I processed the refund request yesterday, so I'll see if it goes through. Can take up to a month to get though... Managed to get my AirBnB reservations returned as well, so haven't been left too bad.

Got my money back from BA for flights to Spain back in March as well.
drcarlos

Post by drcarlos »

I've only had 2 actual refunds land so far out of 7 so I'll check again on Friday with a view ot starting the section 75 claims.

It looks like our August holiday to France could be safe but not count my Chickens yet.
Shlergen

Post by Shlergen »

Supposed to be in Sardinia on 27th of next month. Apparently Italy are planning to open borders from early June.

Not sure where that leaves us, i’d rather it got cancelled. I can move out till next year for no admin fee up until end of Month.
Richard

Post by Richard »

Just got an email from Ryanair saying they’d cancelled our flights and asking if we’d like either a refund or to rebook.

I chose refund. Clicked the link, typed in the names on the tickets and the refund is on its way... in 20 days. Good job I don’t need the money. It was nice and easy

The hotel is via Expedia, and they won’t offer a refund until after 1st June.
Broccers

Post by Broccers »

Is anyone actually still going on holiday? What is happening? Are we allowed to go in the uk? Its all very confusing.
JonMad
Currently Driving: 2015 Swift; 2012 Yeti; 2006 Fabia

Post by JonMad »

Jet2 holiday cancelled before I need to stump up the full balance.

Airport hotel/parking cancelled, at which point I realise their T&Cs say that we will get a voucher to use with them in future. Grrr.
Left over crest; tightens.
Beany

Post by Beany »

If you have any dealings with easy jet, might wanna read this.

https://www.theregister.co.uk/2020/05/1 ... dit_cards/
duncs500

Post by duncs500 »

Broccers wrote: Tue May 19, 2020 9:02 am Is anyone actually still going on holiday? What is happening? Are we allowed to go in the uk? Its all very confusing.
Not allowed in the UK at the moment. I have (perhaps foolishly) just booked a week in Cornwall for end of August, free cancellation until mid-Aug anyway, and I thought there's a relatively decent chance it'll be allowed by then unless there's a serious second wave.
Coaster1

Post by Coaster1 »

duncs500 wrote: Tue May 19, 2020 6:45 pm
Broccers wrote: Tue May 19, 2020 9:02 am Is anyone actually still going on holiday? What is happening? Are we allowed to go in the uk? Its all very confusing.
Not allowed in the UK at the moment. I have (perhaps foolishly) just booked a week in Cornwall for end of August, free cancellation until mid-Aug anyway, and I thought there's a relatively decent chance it'll be allowed by then unless there's a serious second wave.
Without the second wave how are you going to surf 🏄‍♂️ in Cornwall? :?: