Holiday Refunds Thread

JonMad
Currently Driving: 2015 Swift; 2012 Yeti; 2006 Fabia

Re: Holiday Refunds Thread

Post by JonMad »

dinny_g wrote: Wed May 20, 2020 9:55 am I've fallen in love with North Devon in recent years - I've been 4 times including twice last summer :lol:
If you are, or could get away, sans kids, this place is amazing. We had our honeymoon there. The same guys are running it still.
https://www.oldrectoryhotel.co.uk
Left over crest; tightens.
dinny_g

Post by dinny_g »

Why would I just want to go away with the missus ???

you're weird... ;) :lol:

(Seriously though - that place looks lovely)
JLv3.0 wrote: Thu Jun 21, 2018 4:26 pm I say this rarely Dave, but listen to Dinny because he's right.
Rich B wrote: Thu Jun 02, 2022 1:57 pm but Dinny was right…
DeskJockey

Post by DeskJockey »

My dad is having fun and games trying to cancel a holiday home booking.

Despite booking and paying Tui they're not able to make any decisions because the contract isn't with them. There's now two other companies involved that also don't hold the contract, but apparently take a cut.

They're refusing to do anything before a certain date, but that means the cancellation fee doubles while we have to wait. It is just stupid because they can't/won't put him in contact with the holder of the contract.
---
Driving a Galaxy far far away
dinny_g

Post by dinny_g »

Got my Data Breach e-mail from Easyjet... :roll:
JLv3.0 wrote: Thu Jun 21, 2018 4:26 pm I say this rarely Dave, but listen to Dinny because he's right.
Brannen

Post by Brannen »

Got mine as well this morning.. Still not had my refund from them either!
dinny_g

Post by dinny_g »

I've amended my log-in just to be on the safe side but this does feel like closing the gate after the horse has bolted...

Out flight's not until July 21st to I've a few month's to wait before they cancel it or not.
Gavin
Currently Driving: Skoda Superb, R56 Cooper S

Post by Gavin »

That is my refund back on my credit card but it had a zero balance. What chance of getting through to them to get it sent back in cheque form...
Brannen

Post by Brannen »

Gavin wrote: Tue May 26, 2020 12:33 pm That is my refund back on my credit card but it had a zero balance. What chance of getting through to them to get it sent back in cheque form...
I asked my bank about that yesterday as I'm in the same situation (if the refund actually happens). They said if I ring them up once the money has been refunded, they could transfer the money to my account. Be worth checking with your bank. I use First Direct if it helps.
Gavin
Currently Driving: Skoda Superb, R56 Cooper S

Post by Gavin »

Brannen wrote: Tue May 26, 2020 1:13 pm
Gavin wrote: Tue May 26, 2020 12:33 pm That is my refund back on my credit card but it had a zero balance. What chance of getting through to them to get it sent back in cheque form...
I asked my bank about that yesterday as I'm in the same situation (if the refund actually happens). They said if I ring them up once the money has been refunded, they could transfer the money to my account. Be worth checking with your bank. I use First Direct if it helps.
Cheers, I know I can transfer money out or get a refund, but when i phoned a different CC provider to pay some cash, it had a 9 hour wait time! I do not like the idea of the CC provider getting interest, such as it is, but it may be easier in the short term.
Shlergen

Post by Shlergen »

Holiday confirmed as cancelled today, option 1 - take a voucher which is ATOL protected with a 20% uplift in value or refund (circa additional 1k).

Refund will take some time to come through but probably way forward.
Rich B
Currently Driving: M2 Competition

Post by Rich B »

Jobbo wrote: Thu Apr 23, 2020 11:20 pm
Rich B wrote: Thu Apr 23, 2020 10:58 pm Could you cover your bills on the equivalent of £30k A year without having to raid savings? I know I couldn’t.
You can take a 3 month mortgage holiday, credit card payment holiday, loan payment holiday.
anyone else had their revised mortgage payment letter come through for the end of the holiday? My monthly payment has gone up £350! They craftily revert to a standard crappy APR for the extension rather than the nice low one of your existing deal. I guess I’ll be giving back the saved payments!
integrale_evo

Post by integrale_evo »

Mortgage company not actually doing you a favour shocker!
Cheers, Harry
Orange Cola

Post by Orange Cola »

I’d be complaining about that!
Mustang GT 5.0 V8 -- Jaguar F-Pace
Rich B

Post by Rich B »

Phoned the bank - thankfully it was an error... phew.

It’s only gone up a little - relax everyone with a payment holiday!
duncs500

Post by duncs500 »

Rich B wrote: Tue Jul 07, 2020 12:11 pm Phoned the bank - thankfully it was an error... phew.

I'm glad I read your last post first! :lol:
Rich B

Post by Rich B »

duncs500 wrote: Tue Jul 07, 2020 12:35 pm
Rich B wrote: Tue Jul 07, 2020 12:11 pm Phoned the bank - thankfully it was an error... phew.

I'm glad I read your last post first! :lol:
we did have 10 minutes of panic!
Jobbo
Currently Driving: S6 Avant, Jimny, Macan, Mini

Post by Jobbo »

Virgin told me the revised payment when I phoned up and asked about it, so no nasty shock.

Vida (my buy to let mortgage) made an error and sent a revised figure today, but it was only £1.00 out. Bit disconcerting that a mortgage company could get the maths wrong, though - even slightly.
Broccers

Post by Broccers »

Jobbo wrote: Tue Jul 07, 2020 9:03 pm but it was only £1.00 out. Bit disconcerting that a mortgage company could get the maths wrong, though - even slightly.
That really is attention to detail :lol:

Back to holidays. This lockdown situation is a bit of a strange thing as you might get stuck somewhere.
dinny_g

Post by dinny_g »

As it now seems likely that my flight to Gran Canaria will NOT be cancelled, based on the latest travel advice from the gov, I'm probably going to have to re-book to a random week in 2021 and then try to move the booking elsewhere, probably a long weekend break in Berlin or Amsterdam

I presume if the flight goes ahead, your chances with a Credit Card chargeback being successful are minimal ?
Broccers

Post by Broccers »

Yes Id say you go or lose your money unless the government says not to.

They just released some dates in Newquay at the Headland Hotel - 1500 quid for a week with no window in former staff quarters :lol: :lol: